Paperman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaMelnik

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw the LA Premiere of Paperman last Friday and was completely blown away.

I heard about the movie on Thursday and when I saw it had Ryan Reynolds and Emma Stone in it, I bought tickets to go see it.

Luckily Emma Stone and Lisa Kudrow were going to be at the 7:20 showing that I purchased tickets for. :banana

Anyway, the movie stars Jeff Daniels, Emma Stone, Lisa Kudrow, Ryan Reynolds and Kieran Culkin.

It's a great story that is both comedic and drama filled. If you get a chance, check it out.

Oh and I did get to chat with Emma and Lisa for a little while as well :joy

Paper Man is an inspirational comedic drama about an unlikely friendship between Richard (Jeff Daniels), a failed middle-aged novelist who has never quite grown up and Abby (Emma Stone), a 17-year-old girl whose role in a family tragedy years earlier has stolen away her youth. Both are unsure, both are afraid to take firm steps forward, and both are looking for that special friend—that connection—to help guide them into the future. Since his childhood, Richard has mostly relied on the imaginary one that resides in his head—a costumed superhero known as Captain Excellent (Ryan Reynolds).

At the urging of his wife Claire (Lisa Kudrow), Richard has moved to a Long Island beach community for the winter season in order to overcome his writer’s block. There, Richard meets Abby and hires her as a weekly babysitter, even though he has no children. Their tenuous, new friendship is sparked by Richard’s awe over Abby’s homemade soup and Abby’s enjoyment of Richard’s writing and his attempts at Origami. As the season progresses and the warm, quirky friendship between Richard and Abby grows, the two begin to share with each other their dreams and life hardships. With the coming of spring, Richard and Abby discover there comes a time to let go of the imaginary friends of the past and to embrace the future as a new beginning—just as one would embrace a new and unique friendship.

https://www.papermanthemovie.com/

MV5BMTExODM1MDI4MDVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDQzMjc1MzM@._V1._SX640_SY948_.jpg

Looks weird. I saw Jeff Daniels on a commercial just yesterday, and wondered what he had been up to.

Would prefer a film sequel to the NES game Paperboy, but. . .

So Ryan Reynold's is playing another super hero character? That's 4 now, if you include his role as ex-vampire guy in Blade: Trinity.

Costner reached the peak of. . .something with Postman. I don't think he will try to climb that mountain again. If so, he would be destined to fail.

i kinda liked the postman, granted, I think I've only seen it twice!

this movie kinda sounds depressing to me...in the way that both Up in the Air and Lost in Translation were.

Back