Booster Gold: The Television Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Booster_Gold_v.2_32_virgin.jpg

Syfy Orders Script Based on DC Comics' 'Booster Gold' (Exclusive)

The project, which will be penned by "Fringe's" Andrew Kreisberg, hails from Greg Berlanti's production company.
Syfy is looking to bring Booster Gold to life on the small screen.

The NBCUniversal cable network has ordered a pilot script for the one-hour drama based on the DC Comics franchise.
The project, which hails from Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television, will count Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters, No Ordinary Family, Green Lantern) as an executive producer. Fringe's Andrew Kreisberg, who collaborated with Berlanti on ABC's Eli Stone, is on board to pen the script and executive produce. DC Comics will also receive an EP credit.

The story will center on Booster Gold, a washed-up athlete from the future who travels back to the present in hopes of becoming the greatest super hero of all time. Instead of chasing criminals, however, his main priority is chasing fame and money. But Booster Gold discovers that being a hero takes more than just a megawatt smile, and that the future doesn’t happen without first protecting the present.
The comic book character made an appearance in the 10th and final season of the CW's Smallville, where it gained still more fans.
Berlanti and Kreisberg, whose other credits include Warehouse 13 and Red Faction: Origins, are both repped by WME.

This gets me excited, and i know it wont happen, but i really enjoyed Booster on Smallville, i think it be a great launching pad for a new series. Eric Marstolf did a pretty fantastic job, hes no A lister but he pulled off booster, cocky, a tool at times but he had humanity and really made ya feel for the character, at least IMO.

Hope Syfy Goes through with it and possibly gets Eric or some SV writers in there. But i also hope it doesnt flop like Wonder woman and never see the light of day.

Back