1/6 Pangaea 1/6 Greek General collectable figure All New pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really bad move by this company . So there just going to sell a inaccurate collectible and suck it up . It needs to be updated . Grow a pair of balls.

Re-releasing the figure had some obvious advantages and disadvantages.
Based probably on customer feedback, they decided that the disadvantages far outweigh any advantages,
if they decided to release the 2ond version.
For me and I think any other customer who bought the 1st release was the right choice to make.
Simple as that.

The bad move was not this decision. It was the announcement of the re-release.
I hope in the future they won't make the same mistake again,
as this kind of bad consumer policy can easily damage/destroy a company's reputation :wink1:.

It wasn't really "inaccurate".
Achilles' armour changes from golden to almost black throughout the movie. Just take a look at the scene when he is on his ship's deck talking to the Myrmidons shortly before they land, it is quite clearly golden. Towards the end it gets a lot darker. The fact is that the armour on the first version was simply poorly painted (the dry brushing is pretty crappy), but the color scheme is not that bad.
The outfit, however, should have been darker.
The helmet is a different story, as it is blackish during the entire movie and was oversized in the figure (but, the be quite honest, so is all of the gear).

I was wondering the same thing. I thought maybe BBTS forgot about me, but it looks like nothing new yet.

I've been wondering as well. They posted a list of potential new "Generals" as well as a tease of their "Freedom General" but nothing regarding the helmet unfortunately

Over on the Asmus Ringwraith thread, they have worked out a system where owners of the figure can get a new updated body for free.

I just submitted my request. Pangea needs to get on the ball!

Over on the Asmus Ringwraith thread, they have worked out a system where owners of the figure can get a new updated body for free.

I just submitted my request. Pangea needs to get on the ball!

Thanks for the heads up on companies looking after their clients.
This is the link to check Asmus way of offering FREE the new improved body!
Pangaea when is the new helmet coming out?
Any chance of sending it like Asmus Toys to simplify things for us?

I contacted Timewalker last week to see if they had any info on the new helmet, and they haven't heard anything from ACI/Pangaea either.
Steven said he'd look into it, if and when I hear something I'll let you guys know.

It probably doesn't hurt to post on Pangaea's Facebook page...

I asked them yesterday on fb, but no reply.
I opened a new subject on their fb page, but they didn't publish it.
I hope the free helmet is not a hoax, if it is Pangaea/ACI is finito/kaput for me.

Hi,
I think we just replied your question on facebook. Thank you!
And for the new helmet, as the same as we announced and replied, we will ship them to our distributors or retailers with the 2nd run
of the Greek General. It's easier to tackle the replacement to have them in productino at the
same time period and shipping them together.
It will be probably in Sep/Oct.
Best regards.

I asked them yesterday on fb, but no reply.
I opened a new subject on their fb page, but they didn't publish it.
I hope the free helmet is not a hoax, if it is Pangaea/ACI is finito/kaput for me.

Hi,
And for the new helmet, as the same as we announced and replied, we will ship them to our distributors or retailers with the 2nd run
of the Greek General. It's easier to tackle the replacement to have them in productino at the
Best regards.

Dear Pangaea people,

I was confirmed this would be a free of charge replacement helmet.
How come the store I ordered from, are now telling me that I have to pay for it?

Are they trying to make a extra buck or two? Cause I thought this was supposed to be a service to your already paying customers?
Maybe you should have a word with your retailers like 7Toys7.

Dear Customer,

For the new Pangae Greek General helmet, the manufacturer replied that it will arrive on September. Please make sure it is not a free replacement and would be sold with some cost at the moment.

Thank you for your message.
7toys7

no , no..
The replacement new sculpted helmet is free to all customers who bought the 1st run, our distributors and retailers would help you out on this.
Hope it's clear now!
Regards

Dear Pangaea people,

I was confirmed this would be a free of charge replacement helmet.
How come the store I ordered from, are now telling me that I have to pay for it?

Are they trying to make a extra buck or two? Cause I thought this was supposed to be a service to your already paying customers?
Maybe you should have a word with your retailers like 7Toys7.

Hi,
Best regards.

My fb comment was not answered. It was this:
Any news? Any chance of sending it directly to us like Asmus Toys did for their new Ringwraith body?
I like it! · Response · 11 August at 22:06.

Anyway it's taking too long, should have sent the replacement months ago.
If you begin sending them in Sep/Oct, we will receive them close to the new year! Not happy about that.
Also you should have done it like Asmus did (send the replacement directly to end customers), no mention about that comment.

This is starting to look like a disaster.

Yes. They've handled this poorly. If you are big enough to admit mistakes were made, then you should
be thorough enough to follow through with your commitment. ACI/Pangea should know that we 1/6 collectors
are a loyal bunch -- hoewever, this hobby is not cheap, so we expect certain standards to be met.

If you're going to fix the problem, then fix it. Don't say you're going to fix it and then half-heartedly roll out
the solution to the problem.

Back