1/6 Pangaea 1/6 Greek General collectable figure All New pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cancelled the first one. I'll get the Mark II if it ends up fixing all the issues but will wait for inhand pics. Would be great if they could do rooted hair on this one, especially after seeing how well ACI's Aragorn turned out. Still might not be too late and certainly worth any delay IMO.

Also I still want some kind of confirmation on Hector. I'm worried the lukewarm reception of Achilles I may have stalled the Prince of Troy.

Last edited:
Wow! that was seriously fast. I would've thought there would be a companion piece before this.

View attachment 179774

Anyone who has bought the figure (I did also) will NOT like these news.
A Mark II (YESSSS!!! you red it correctly) is coming!
I would like Pangaea or ACI to comment on these news, why it was not made like this in the 1st place
and if anyone (like me) who already bought the Mark I??? will get the new outfit for free as with the helmet.
If not I am done buying any more of their figures.

From Pangaea FB page:

We are listening! We will not release repaint versions PG02B.
Yes, 1. we are listening! That's why we only decided to redesign the new helmet and are giving it away free after we know that customers not satisfied with the final product. In my humble opinion, Its still a great figure! So, that's why we released them. 2. We recieved a lot of inquiries that many people missed out on it , so we hope to re-release them to satisfy our loyal and new customers' wants. 3. We never think the original version is not good. We painted it bronze because we supposed it should be bronze. And when we released pictures and so do final products, seems everything is Welcomed by customers except the helmet. 4. When we saw some repaints of talented customers, we started to consider if we can do more better changes if our customers would like the way of customised style. Why we not going to provide another option for different taste of different customers?! This was our only purpose of this repaint prototype showing to you all, hoping to give more happiness! Not cheating for re-purchase, or etc, etc. 5. You guys are the boss, we don't wanna making you angry! (Just trying our best, not 100% satisfaction guranteed!) We decided not to release this customised style paint to the market ! 6. We will only accept pre-order for 500 pcs worldwide with the original paint version, certainly with new helmet only! ( guess no one want the old one) because we really want to sell more (as a business)and many customers are still waiting for one of their own! Hope they would like the original version! 7. We are listening, and balancing most benefits and interests of all parties are our jobs! So, if we could do, we might release a few limited pieces of repaint version as a gift to few loyal customers and few Hong Kong customers only. (Not confirmed yet, depends on feedbacks) I think its still a good thing. Both versions are still good figures! Finally, Hope most people would be happy with this arrangement! We trying our best!

So, they backtracked (for now) and say they won't release it but might??? do it, depending on the coming feedback.
This kind of behavior from a respected company as I thought they were when they announced the new free helmet,
is NOT collector friendly.
My advise to all potential customers is to consider what you would have done if you have already bought the 1st edition
and then decide if it is right to put your faith & money to them again in the future.

I'm not sure this is terribly shady on their part.

Let's see, they did accommodate fans by promising to send a free newly sculpted helmet to all those who purchased the first figure. That costs them money, and they didn't really need to do it. It was a really great move on their part.
Then they announced this new version with correct paint scheme and much better paint apps, as well as the corrected helmet.
This is a bit tricky, as a lot of people where unhappy with the original paint apps. I for one was very clear on that from the very first moment they released the prototype pics. However, I did choose to keep my pre-order and simply have the whole thing repainted (as well as changing the body, but that's another story).
Still, if their argument is that there was more demand for this figure, and they decided to re-release it tweaking the paint apps and including the new helmet, well, I can't really fault their thinking. They might have waited a bit longer, or just released armour and clothing sets, as ACI did with Maximus...

I wish I had gotten this one from the beginning, but I really don't see how this is shady on their part.
Again, they released their prototype pics, received mostly positive feedback and just released the figure. Now, given the chance, they release a second version and change the paint apps.

I don't think this is wrong at all . First of all , there giving you guys the right size helmet to make up for the poor first version . Second , why can't they make a different version just like HOT TOYS RELEASES DIFFERENT VERSIONS of Joker , batman and iron man every year . Original buyer will have the complete package and new owners who held out and waited will get the darker version . As simple as that .

So are they or are they not releasing Version II? The explanation is a bit all over the place. I'm not buying version I, so if they don't release II I'll be passing altogether.

the problem with new company they want to please everyone....yet when they become bigger they forget about us.. and do whatever they want.

nothing wrong with their approach, it similar to other company who giving us Milk chocalate Brown gold ironman.
howevver imo for 185-200$ figure they screwed the 1st version..... and try to fix their mistake.let see how will the new version will come out.

What confuses me is they say they won't be releasing a repaint of PG02B[\b]... if I recall correctly, PG02B is the item number for the the Final Battle Maximus...guess it could be a simple typo.

YO PANGAEA !!! If your interested in feed back from one your fans . Make this new version of this figure . Please

I passed the first version, but would get this second version if it ever releases.

Why don't they give big discounts to the original buyers, if they want the second version. Would that work...?

I would be fine with them doing another run so soon, IF they gave us loyal first run customers free repainted helmet
and armor to upgrade our figures.

That would certainly lessen the blow for me.

I don't think this is wrong at all . First of all , there giving you guys the right size helmet to make up for the poor first version . Second , why can't they make a different version just like HOT TOYS RELEASES DIFFERENT VERSIONS of Joker , batman and iron man every year . Original buyer will have the complete package and new owners who held out and waited will get the darker version . As simple as that .

Regarding the helmet, I for one appraised publicly their gesture and appreciated it.
It was a very honest move.
Regarding the Greek General, he had ONE fighting costume and not dozens like Iron Man does.
Nor many movies with him were made, so it's not a different version it's the SAME version.
I understand that you want the correct (black-gold) colored version to buy,
but the rest of us will have to stay with the wrong (brown-gold) colored version.
And that's not fair.
Trust me if I had known from the beginning that this would happen, I would have held out as well.

I would be fine with them doing another run so soon, IF they gave us loyal first run customers free repainted helmet
and armor to upgrade our figures.

That would certainly lessen the blow for me.

This would be ideal and was my proposition also, but they didn't say anything about that.

If Pangaea wants to make a new version to make more money from people who didn't get the 1st version
it's their decision.
For customers like me who put their faith & trust in an UNLICENSED figure for $190 or more (almost as Hot Toys price)
goes the saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".
And I think none of us will ever buy one of their figures.

P.S. If the Mark II will happen, most of us will cancel our preorder for the Gladiator General. Me for sure.
And then we 'll see who gets the last laugh.

Back