1/6 Pangaea 1/6 Greek General collectable figure All New pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no , no..
The replacement new sculpted helmet is free to all customers who bought the 1st run, our distributors and retailers would help you out on this.
Hope it's clear now!
Regards

Then I think you should contact 7toys7 yourselves, cause that is the answer I am getting from them, that I, as a customer who already paid and received your Greek General with bigger helmet, still have to pay for a replacment part.
I don't mind paying for it's shipping, but paying for an item that is supposed to be a replacment for an already faulty created helmet, is just wrong.

I really don't see what the big issue is...
What Pangaea has said makes perfect sense: they are making a second run of the Greek General, and it makes more sense to produce the new helmet within the production run of the entire figure.
As for the Asmus comparison, as far as I know, they sent the replacement body for the Witch King along with the Eowyn figure, once they had sorted out their problems.

I'm fully supportive of Pangaea in this.
Would I have liked to get the helmet earlier? Sure, but what's important is that I'm getting it. And for free.

No there's a new thing with Asmus where they are sending a replacement body for their Nazgul figure in a very good form. Idk all the details but Asmus' system for this new replacement is pretty good

Here's Timewalker's official statement on the replacement helmet:

8/19/2015 UPDATE on REPLACEMENT HELMET: We have received notice from the distributor of Pangaea Products that the replacement helmets with be arriving stateside in October. We will ship the new helmets to buyers of this figure once it arrives.

Wait, so they ARE making a version 2?? i though they dropped that idea???

No. They made a 2ond batch (supposedly 500pcs) with the original paint and now they are selling it.
At least that's what they wrote on their FB page:

"5. We decided not to release this customised style paint to the market ! 6. We will only accept pre-order for 500 pcs worldwide with the original paint version, certainly with new helmet only! ( guess no one want the old one) because we really want to sell more (as a business)and many customers are still waiting for one of their own! Hope they would like the original version! 7. We are listening, and balancing most benefits and interests of all parties are our jobs! So, if we could do, we might release a few limited pieces of repaint version as a gift to few loyal customers and few Hong Kong customers only. (Not confirmed yet, depends on feedbacks)"

And for the new helmet, as the same as we announced and replied, we will ship them to our distributors or retailers with the 2nd run
of the Greek General. It's easier to tackle the replacement to have them in production at the
same time period and shipping them together.
It will be probably in Sep/Oct.

@Pangaea any news on the revised free helmet?
Has it been shipped to your distributors/retailers?

If they are doing a second run then I might be back in. If not I'm still out. Achilles and Hector continue to be two of my most wanted figures. If not from Pangaea then from somebody for crying out loud. Those two characters and a 1/6 chariot would make for a phenomenal display.

I contacted bigbadtoystore and these were their responses:

"Good morning Ioannis,

Thank you for contacting us! My Product Team is aware of the general concerns with the Greek General helmet size, and the reproduction of the helmet.
Since our shipment arrived with the first production consisting of the current helmet size, we do anticipate to be receiving the additional stock of the reproduction helmet as soon as they become available. Research indicated that the new helmets were going to be released in the 2nd Quarter of 2015,
but has recently been updated to be shipping in September/October. We are currently awaiting updated information from the manufacturer and/or our shipment to arrive. We have made the appropriate arrangements to have the replacement helmet shipped to you at no cost when they arrive.

Your replacement helmet will be created as an order in your account, so you will receive a shipment confirmation when it leaves the warehouse once received in stock. Can you please confirm for me the original order number and/or name/email address that we have on file for you? I will be happy to ensure that your order is included. Thank you for your patience!

Have a wonderful day and I look forward to your reply!

--
Sincerely,
Liz
Customer Service Representative"

"Hi Ioannis,

Thank you for the additional information, and I will make sure your replacement helmet is shipped as quickly as possible once received.

:) Have a fantastic rest of your week!

--
Sincerely,
Liz
Customer Service Representative"

If Pangaea ships it until October, I will probably receive it from the retailer just before Christmas!
I preordered the figure almost 1 year before!

So you're mad that a manufacturer is actually correcting, at no cost to you, a mistake they made, and it's taking long?

You do realise that any manufacturer has a production schedule, right? They have their own sculptors working on projects, and retooling something as "simple" as a helmet takes time. Also, they don't have their own factories, they have to outsource, so they have to factor in the factories' production schedules as well.

I'm just really happy and thankful that Pangaea is taking of the issue.

So you're mad that a manufacturer is actually correcting, at no cost to you, a mistake they made, and it's taking long?

You do realise that any manufacturer has a production schedule, right? They have their own sculptors working on projects, and retooling something as "simple" as a helmet takes time. Also, they don't have their own factories, they have to outsource, so they have to factor in the factories' production schedules as well.

I'm just really happy and thankful that Pangaea is taking of the issue.
me too! Asmus and Pangea are the only one's in recent history (as far as I know) that have come and said they've made a mistake and have fixed the issue at no cost to the buyer.
Guys! Is there a way to get this WITH the new helmet? Directly? I am looking for one and no one confirms the same!
yes. Retailers will get a second batch with corrected helmets as well as a batch of loose helmets for their current stock (if they have any left) as well as for those who have already bought the figure.

Last edited:
Back