Oscars 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think The Vistor and DK deserve more nominations. Both Let the Right One In and Snow Angeles are nowhere to be found. HBII should be up for best fx.

Let the Right One in and Gommorah, are the two best foreign films by a country mile. Unfortunaetly they didn't qualify for the Oscars because of the way the academy handles foreign films. It's not that they got snubbed, it's that they weren't even up for a nomination.

Seeing as how there are so many Oscar threads, I thought I'd post my predictions here:

Best Film
Slumdog Millionaire

Director
Slumdog Millionaire - Danny Boyle

Actor In A Leading Role
Frost/Nixon - Frank Langella

Actor In A Supporting Role
The Dark Knight - Heath Ledger

Actress In A Leading Role
The Reader - Kate Winslet

Actress In A Supporting Role
Doubt - Viola Davis

Adapted Screenplay
Slumdog Millionaire - Simon Beaufoy

Original Screenplay
Milk - Dustin Lance Black

Animated Feature
WALL-E

Art Direction
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Cinematography

Costume Design
The Duchess

Documentary Feature
Man on Wire

Documentary Short
The Final Inch (guess)

Editing
Slumdog Millionaire

Best Foreign Language Film
The Class

Makeup

Original Score
Slumdog Millionaire - A.R. Rahman

Original Song
Slumdog Millionaire - "Jai Ho"

Sound Editing
The Dark Knight

Sound Mixing
The Dark Knight

Visual Effects

Animated Short
Lavatory - Lovestory (guess)

Live Action Short
Spielzeugland (Toyland) (guess)

I'm surprised TDK didn't get nominated for Best Costumes.

Also, didn't they decide a while back that a film could only be nominated once for best Original Song? That was because the year where Enchanted got 3 nominations in that category.

I love how most of the movies released during the latter part of the year are the ones that usually get nominated. I guess they forget about movies released any other time of year. I used to watch the Oscars and Golden Globes, but they've become jokes just like the Grammys are.

I'm surprised TDK didn't get nominated for Best Costumes.

Also, didn't they decide a while back that a film could only be nominated once for best Original Song? That was because the year where Enchanted got 3 nominations in that category.

And in all the movies put out this year, they could only find 3 songs to nominate? Used to be 5.

I love how most of the movies released during the latter part of the year are the ones that usually get nominated. I guess they forget about movies released any other time of year. I used to watch the Oscars and Golden Globes, but they've become jokes just like the Grammys are.

I don't have any problems with the oscars and globes because they award the right stuff whereas the grammys mostly award the ^^^^tiest pieces of ^^^^ty music there is.

I don't have any problems with the oscars and globes because they award the right stuff whereas the grammys mostly award the ^^^^tiest pieces of ^^^^ty music there is.

I don't agree that they always award the right stuff. You usually have to make a certain kind of movie to even be nominated. How often does a comedy, fantasy or sci-fi get nominated? Not often, and it's not because there aren't any that are worthy.

Back