Oscars 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who Will Make The Next Oscar Thread?

A Marvel fanboy who thinks Iron Man is just as good or better than The Dark Knight who wants to rub it in that it's got a nomination as well.

A Marvel fanboy who thinks Iron Man is just as good or better than The Dark Knight who wants to rub it in that it's got a nomination as well.
Calm down now, you don't see all the Iron Man fans saying, "IM got screwed" or "Favreaux got screwed" or "Paltrow, Howard and Bridges got screwed!!". :D Dark Knight fans are so convinced that it is the greatest movie ever that they let themselves get carried away into thinking that it deserves every award out there. Fact is there were many more movies that were superior to both Iron Man and Dark Knight and most of them are nominated for Oscars.

Last edited:
Eastwood definately got screwed with Gran Torino.

Great to see Ledger is nominated.......and what RDJ for Tropic Thunder!!!!!! THAT IS GREAT!

Calm down now, you don't see all the Iron Man fans saying, "IM got screwed" or "Favreaux got screwed" or "Paltrow, Howard and Bridges got screwed!!". Dark Knight fans are so convinced that it is the greatest movie ever that they let themselves get carried away into thinking that it deserves every award out there. Fact is there were many more movies that were superior to both Iron Man and Dark Knight and most of them are nominated for Oscars.

What am I calming down about? It was the answer to the thread question. I don't think The Dark Knight is the best movie ever. It's not even in my top three this year.

What am I calming down about? It was the answer to the thread question. I don't think The Dark Knight is the best movie ever. It's not even in my top three this year.
Oh, I thought you were responding to Fingaz post. :eek: My post was more joking than anything, amazing what lack of smilies can do for tone eh? No need to calm down, go ape ^^^^ on some Zombies! :D :rock

After repeat viewings, I find myself enjoying Kung Fu Panda more than Wall-E.

And for the first time in my adult life, I have not seen a single one of the Best Picture nominees--only one of which opened in my town (and the kids have kept me too busy to even see that). So I am pathetically unprepared to have much in the way of an opinion this year.

Eastwood and Nolan got screwed.

:lecture

This is an abomination. Button i.e. Forrest Gump redux with 13 Noms? Paltry Wall-E props?

This Committee is like a Miami retirement home. Mainstream Fans ignored again...

Ratings will suffer as a result.

After repeat viewings, I find myself enjoying Kung Fu Panda more than Wall-E..
I think it's the fact that the characters in Panda can talk and all have personalities that makes it so charming, but for me, with such limited dialogue WALL-E is an all around masterpiece. I mean Pixar gave a robot with no face so much emotion and charm, it truly is amazing to watch.

Paltry Wall-E props?
:emperor:emperor:emperor

Neither title would be recognized by Joe Public, I'm afraid. I'm sure they're good films, but not ratings grabbers with widespread popular success.

Good choices creatively this year, but not for attracting a large audience to the telecast. Example: I have heard tons of positive buzz from friends and relatives about Gran Torino, which was completely shut out. Instead we get movies they have never heard of, so they won't care about the awards this year. The public will watch the Oscars when they can root for a film millions have seen and loved, and most of the nominated films don't qualify.

I think it's the fact that the characters in Panda can talk and all have personalities that makes it so charming, but for me, with such limited dialogue WALL-E is an all around masterpiece. I mean Pixar gave a robot with no face so much emotion and charm, it truly is amazing to watch.

:emperor:emperor:emperor

I loved the first part of the movie when Wall-E was the focus. As the humans showed up and Wall-E was off screen or incapacitated, it didn't stay brilliant or hold my interest. I feel like it's half a masterpiece, but seeing it again it felt more forced, preachy and calculated in it's second half.

I think The Vistor and DK deserve more nominations. Both Let the Right One In and Snow Angeles are nowhere to be found. HBII should be up for best fx.

Back