Official Transformer Movie Review Thread!!! - Spoiler Free until July 4th!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I didn't even see that there.

Take a moment to look at the second panel (guy on the far right) and face hidden by the bag in the last panel....

And the joke only makes sense if you have a sense of humour.:cool:

Gee, I wonder if you have a big disliking for Michael Bay and Transformers the movie Dave.

You sure like to beat a dead horse until it's nothing but pulp, and beat that pulp into nothing but thin air, and beat that thin air... you get what I mean. ;)

He obviously fooled you. :lol

Take a moment to look at the second panel (guy on the far right) and face hidden by the bag in the last panel....

And the joke only makes sense if you have a sense of humour.:cool:

I have a sense of humor, I just was paying attention to the character of the short, I didn't see Picard in the background, which is pretty random thing to put there, which makes it funny, it's Family Guy random...

I'm not sure fooled is the word I'd use regarding that, but it sure had an effect...

Giggity Giggity Giggity :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

200px-Quagmire-3865.jpg

You are right, Transformers is more for the die-hard TF fans, and here the TF fan elite thought they were being ignored when the movie was in the production stages, yet they weren't. It was the masses. Ironic isn't it?

I have to disagree with this one, I'm a big fan of TF and I though the movie didn't live up to its potential. Like a lot I agree it was a fun popcorn movie... but I usually expect that if a property is being made into a picture they need to step-up and make it a good, well thought out movie... not just a fun one.

I mean give me some twists and turns, or some interesting subplots or backstabbing.

Last edited:
I mean give me some twists and turns, or some interesting subplots or backstabbing.

Interesting point, and come to think of it, there are moments, at least in the few Bay films I've seen, where you question who's on what side and what not, Armageddon had a few moments, The Rock had some as well. Morally it was great that basically everyone human and Autobot eventually worked towards a common goal, but from an entertaining story perspective, it would have been interesting to have some questionable characters and moments.

I have to disagree with this one, I'm a big fan of TF and I though the movie didn't live up to its potential. Like a lot I agree it was a fun popcorn movie... but I usually expect that if a property is being made into a picture they need to step-up and make it a good, well thought out movie... not just a fun one.

The only thing this movie had for die-hard fans was Peter Cullen's voice as Prime, the Energon Sword, and the transforming sounds that were gratuitously thrown in to establish familiarity with the original material. If they had developed the characters better, primarily the Autobots and Decepticons, and developed a better plot and the writing had been clever instead of trite, it could have lived up to its potential. I see too many fanboys jerking themselves off over how good they perceive this film to be when obviously Bay has deceived them (heh heh) into believing its a good film. Perhaps Bay should have cast himself as the leader of the Decepticons because Megatron was completely wasted. This film is just one big effects show and it plays like an xbox 360 game.

Dave we know how you feel...please return to the Buffy thread and give them your thoughts on the new Angel PF please.

Never said Transformers was gay, only said Eli was a Transformer. :lol

I know Dave has some insecurity issues so he expresses them through knocking me down. It's okay. I can handle it.

Nah, I know he's kidding. Atleast I would hope so, since the discussion on hand is so innocent and trivial. But that aside, it's not that we're dooped into believing this is a good film, we KNOW it's a good film based on the source materiel it's based on. That is my opinion, and while you may not agree with it, it doesn't make it any less valuable than your's. After all, those who have to attack other's for having one, well, are being pretty small minded IMO.

The original 1980's Transformers (pre 1986 film and Beastwars) had a terrible story arch to begin with. Character development was there for the first few characters. Albeit, lacking in that area, but it was definitely there. However, half way through season 1 or the start to season 2 character development was hindered due to the fact Hasbro and Marvel didn't take the average viewer seriously. They were trying to sell kids their product, which was the Transformer toys in a 22 minute weekly commercial.

Heck, even Hasbro admitted to it being a big 22 minute commercial ad. As every cartoon nowadays that were created after the toy. In some cases, even prior to it. It's obvious. Not to a bunch of then 5 to 12-year-olds, but is clearly evident now as we are now young adults. My point is, unless you seen the G1 cartoons recently, you can't really relate the movie to the source material. But if you have, you would give your head a good shake and come to the conclusion that yes, this movie is so silly it falls along the same lines of those old corny yet entertaining 80's Marvel Group produced episodes.

In the end, I feel like this topic is so overplayed and recycled, as if we were playing a scratched up record that constantly plays that verse over and over again. I hate to say this Dave, but for a guy who likes to tease Transformer fans on their intellectual level, you sure have a hard time moving on.

Man, and I thought I had obsession compulsive disorder bad. You sir take the cake. hehe

btw If you get this bent out of shape over what certain individuals think of a pop corn flick, I would hate to see how you handle more serious everyday situations.

ZOINKS SCOOBS!!!

Of course I am teasing Dave. hehe I mean if you can dish it out you certainally can take it. :)

Back