Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd gladly display them in place of their Hot Toys counterparts.

Definitely getting Batman and Superman. I can't get a Justice League in 1:4 scale, so I'll get one this way. May need to get Joker too so I can have a Legion of Doom.

:goodpost:

These are incredible. I wonder if Hot Toys had anything to do with these figures.

I am especially impressed with Superman. This is the most badass rendition of the Man of Steel, IMHO, since the Ed McGuinness DC Direct figure and definitely the meanest looking 1/6 version. So is this the Jim Lee version? Maybe Ed Benes? He's too good looking to be the awesome Frank Quitely version of Superman. I think we can agree that this is the Brian Bolland Joker. I'm gonna guess Jim Lee/Adam Hughes Catwoman; Lee/Kubert Batman; Brue Timm/Arkham Harley Quinn. But what about Superman?

I am really excited about this line. Bring on Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lanterns(Hal and John), Aquaman, Lex Luthor and Darkseid!

I'd like to see these go for around $130 or so and SS have them on that payment plan they have.

If they do do that I'm getting Sups and Batman. I'm not much of a villain guy. I just want the heroes. :)

I love the look of these. I will be getting Batman and Superman and probably Joker too. If they can make a Hawkman and Dr Fate with removeable helmet, I'll buy most anything in this line in appreciation.

Man I am not looking forward to the immense backlash that is going to come when Sideshow announces how expensive these are. I see people hoping for $130 and such, but to me they are going to try to squeeze $180-$200 out of people and expecting any less is unlikely.

these figures look amazing. And for the price, there def gonna cut into some of the Hot Toys market. For example, ill buy the TDKR DX batman, but ill buy the catwoman from sideshow. The price is just alot better and you still get a great quality figure.

Id like to see a Batman Beyond and green lantern in the future.

Man I am not looking forward to the immense backlash that is going to come when Sideshow announces how expensive these are. I see people hoping for $130 and such, but to me they are going to try to squeeze $180-$200 out of people and expecting any less is unlikely.

at the base of the figures on a plate it says a price of $110 i think? i could be wrong, or that price could inflate but i think these figures will be around the price of sideshows Gi Joe line.

at the base of the figures on a plate it says a price of $110 i think? i could be wrong, or that price could inflate but i think these figures will be around the price of sideshows Gi Joe line.

It says TBD on all of them, i can't see these being less than $150

I would love to pick up Catwoman and Harley if they make her look less Joker-y and asian.

Maybe Batman and Joker, although I may be at my cap with those guys due to Hot Toys haha

What if they did come in at $110 though... think of how many more they would sell. I mean in all honesty, these figures can not cost more than $35 including everything... so they are still making a huge profit, and can really expand the reach of consumer base.

I'm actually not very impressed with this line so far. I'm not liking the non-comic accurate Harley, and Catwoman's giant bug-eyed goggles. Batman's face kind of looks like the bust with the far set eyes. I actually prefer the original DC Direct Batman release (even if it is in the odd 13 inch scale). Joker looks to be the best of the bunch.

The liberties taken on some of the costume details reminds me of the awful DC Direct 13 inch Poison Ivy whose costume was redesigned just for the figure. And that's a big red flag for this longtime collector.

What if they did come in at $110 though... think of how many more they would sell. I mean in all honesty, these figures can not cost more than $35 including everything... so they are still making a huge profit, and can really expand the reach of consumer base.

Unfortunately I don't think they are going to be modest in pricing SSC is having delusions of grandeur as far as the quality of their figures go. It's seems as they think because they are the US distributor of Hot Toys and their quality and prices they think people should pay they same for their stuff. Plus with this TBD stuff going on all over the place it's like all the manufactures are in this together with the aim to gauge reaction and set the prices even slightly higher than they think the market will bear. After all, most people are gonna still buy it even though it's only 10 dollars more than they intended to spend kinda thinking. IMO

Back