official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone post some comic book covers with SNake Eyes? Theres one in particuliar Im trying to find but to no luck.

For some reason Sideshow cancelled my preorder. I checked my credit card and it's fine. Does this happen often?

If anyone's disappointed with their exc SE and want to unload it, let me know via a PM. I'm really disappointed in this, as it's my first order from them...

Hey new guy here looking for a little help. I just got my Snake Eyes this evening and I've been in the process of trying to put all his gear on. I'm new the whole 1/6 military thing so I'm really taking my time, being careful, and trying to do things right.

Like many people it seems I had trouble with the magazines in the pouches but with a lot of patience I got through it.

I don't know what I might have done or what happened but somewhere along the way his suspender things became super loose. I tried gently pulling on the straps that seem like they should tighten that stuff up but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't want to be too rough with anything for fear of breaking something. Anybody have any ideas what might have caused that and more importantly what I might do to fix it?

Sorry if this is a really stupid issue with a really simple fix. All I know is that part isn't fitting/looking nearly enough like in the pictures so I know I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for any help. Also I'm sorry for being so long-winded in this post.

Hey new guy here looking for a little help. I just got my Snake Eyes this evening and I've been in the process of trying to put all his gear on. I'm new the whole 1/6 military thing so I'm really taking my time, being careful, and trying to do things right.

Like many people it seems I had trouble with the magazines in the pouches but with a lot of patience I got through it.

I don't know what I might have done or what happened but somewhere along the way his suspender things became super loose. I tried gently pulling on the straps that seem like they should tighten that stuff up but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't want to be too rough with anything for fear of breaking something. Anybody have any ideas what might have caused that and more importantly what I might do to fix it?

Sorry if this is a really stupid issue with a really simple fix. All I know is that part isn't fitting/looking nearly enough like in the pictures so I know I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for any help. Also I'm sorry for being so long-winded in this post.

If you've got them on right, then there should be two pull tabs just beneath the belt, at each leg. You have to feed it up and through underneath, then pull down on the end facing down on top. In the pic below, you can see them just beneath the belt buckle, on either side of it:

snake_eyes_38.jpg

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figure_Sideshow_GI_Joe_Snake_Eyes_p/bs0173.htm

I just setup my Ex SE and this figures amazing! I cant wait for the enviroment for SE. Outstanding job by SS on this figure.

4 days later:
The good-this is a fun figure. I brought him to work today just to kit him up and employees are stopping by to check him out. Bob said he might buy one. A 54 year old man who does not collect things wants to buy one. The equipment is super durable. I was worried after issues with the star wars stuff but these are great. The body is actually nice. The torso vs leg length plus smaller head gives it kind of a RE5 proportions feel (which should bother me but oddly does not). The gear: you can gear him up in some pretty unique ways. The one thing that I have noticed is no one uses the straps on his biceps….well I put grenades on them like v3 se.
The bad: these appear to be common issues so I was not too upset. A couple of the clip bags are not sewn right so if you are in a hurry you could rip one trying to force the uzi clips in ( the clips are pretty jagged) so my se is about 88 % complete. The other issue is the uzi silencer is pretty loose to hook up. I won’t fall off but I can pull it off the uzi without touching the figure. the other two issues are
The ugly: I love the scimitar but scimitars are not practical. You have two options: geared up holding scimitar or geared up w/o scimitar. It really could have used a sheath or some method to hook it on to him….the uzi even hooks onto him.
And the stand……. sideshow’s stand needs to evolve as well. They need to make the bar shorter so it can hook onto his leg instead of his torso (as that area is occupied from every conceivable angle)
Last week the greatest figure I have ever owned was my HT joker…….this week it is snake eyes J

Very Very Very CARFULLY!!!!>>>>>>....... use extreme caution and take....your....time.... : )

Do you have pics of the Storm Trooper body? Just wondering, because you said you used it because it has more bulk. I don't plan on taking my Storm Trooper apart, so I don't have a clue. I actually used a Hot Toys TT body and attached Snake Eyes' forearms and boots to it and it looks perfect.

Here's a pic of mine with the Hot Toys TrueType body. He has the necessary bulk in the shoulders and chest area that a Special Forces soldier should have.
SnakeEyes1.jpg

Back