official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like something, and see something bad said about it, then you feel a need to reinforce your existing way of thinking, and respond likewise, which further reinforces your initial view, even to the point of exaggerating your initial feelings. No one wants to appear wrong, so they will argue themselves in circles until they can justify to themself that they don't appear inept to the rest of the online community observing. Its all about maintaining a consistent structure of cognitive beliefs and some self-perceived "reputation," and explains 90+% of internet forum disputes, IMO.

This does not say that I agree at all with the True Type issue. I don't more strongly prefer any one 1/6 body over another. . .except that Medicom has to be at the bottom of my list, due to size and durability. Also, old school Sideshow sucks because they didn't make an easily removable neck joint :mad:

To be fair humans don't have easily removable neck joints so that is accurate to a degree:D

/rant

yah, that's the number 1 thing sometimes that kind of irriates me re: sideshow's snake eys. they see the ss snake eyes and the first thing they say is 'hot toys would have done a better job' or' too bad hot toys didn't do it', etc. well, hot toys didn't do it so that's kind of a bogus statement. you can say the hot toys joker is better than the dc one cause hot toys made one and you can see and compare them. with snake eyes it's hypothetical. it's like all of a sudden they have become king !#$@ as far as 1/6th scale stuff. they have always (for the most part) put out great military stuff and i have been purchasing those sets for a while. now that they are doing a ton of movie licenses they have all kinds of standard bearers/fanboys whihc is fine. but there are still alot of great companies out there (i am digging everything soldier story is putting out atm). i hadn't picked up a ss figure in a while but with their version of snake eyes i'm back on board.

/rant off

I just got my SE today and I love it! I noticed on the cover of the box they have Snake holding the '86 version sword in his left hand and the uzi in the right. Does anyone have a left hand that can hold that sword? I have a left hand with a hole in it that could maybe hold a gun or the other sword, but I can't for the life of me get the bigger sword into it. I thought about cutting the fingers loose a bit but I thought I would ask here first. Obviously I don't wanna hulk-smash it, so...anyone else have that problem? Am I missing something? Thanks, J

I think every company, even Hasbro (Dooku and Jango were awesome) has produced great things as well as producing their fair share of turds. Although more often than not, people often forget to add the price into comparison too and I think that's a key factor of any argument.

well said.

I just got my SE today and I love it! I noticed on the cover of the box they have Snake holding the '86 version sword in his left hand and the uzi in the right. Does anyone have a left hand that can hold that sword? I have a left hand with a hole in it that could maybe hold a gun or the other sword, but I can't for the life of me get the bigger sword into it. I thought about cutting the fingers loose a bit but I thought I would ask here first. Obviously I don't wanna hulk-smash it, so...anyone else have that problem? Am I missing something? Thanks, J

Use the left hand with the hole in it, open up the hand and put t in, it takes a little work but it can be done.

so you're really supposed to put that kind of force into jamming the sword in there? I think I'd rather use a razor to cut the hand open than risk breaking the sword.

Last edited:
Hey, I get labeled a Sideshow Apologist all the time despite the fact that I've been vocal on numerous occasions about the quality of a product they released or the way it looks in prodo pics, etc. I think every company, even Hasbro (Dooku and Jango were awesome) has produced great things as well as producing their fair share of turds. Although more often than not, people often forget to add the price into comparison too and I think that's a key factor of any argument.

I feel your pain. :lol

The rest of this discussion gets a big bottle of
weaksauce.jpg

[/b]

To be fair humans don't have easily removable neck joints so that is accurate to a degree:D

i nearly pissed myself laughing at this

No, nothing wrong. the hands with the holes in them actually do not have the thumb connected to the fingers. it's just molded that closely. just work it in there a little at a time, OR heat the hand up with a hairdryer first. it'll hold just fine.

ahh there's the problem, thank you. Snake's thumb is actually attached. I ran it under some hot water though and I was able to wiggle it in there. Thank you for your help lerath.

i just got my snake eyes from alter ego and i think ssc did a great job with SE and i hope they keep it that way with all the Joe figs that follow.

Snake Eyes seems to be sold out at Monkey Depot now. The ball is really rolling on this line now that he's finally out and in collector's hands. I can not believe that SS limited the Trooper to only 2000 so soon! Hopefully it means there are other variations on the Trooper in the works.

Snakes rocks!

Got mine on Thursday, and having had a couple of days to play around with it, I'm very happy. I haven't been this excited about a G.I.Joe since the original Hasbro 12" Snakes.

The gear and the outfit are AMAZING. Every clip, strap, and pouch being adjustable/functional is great.

The accessories are top-notch, my only complaint being the paint blob on my falchion sword.

I have only two minor nits with the figure: His arms are too skinny. I can deal with "monkey arms" as I've had no problem with them on SS product since Jedi Luke, but a TINY bit more bulk would have made it look better.
The other are the magazine pouches, they're too tight a fit and I even had to cut the end off one because it had snagged then ripped open from the other side, making insertion impossible otherwise.

I look forward to the other Joes. Bring 'em on.

Back