Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! If you could spare the cash, i'd change to the new chestpiece. Looks better in proportion. I was forced to do so because mine broke and the anh was nowhere to be found.
Did Adam awesome body mod and Im finally happy with my ANH Vader!

Im really hoping mshurricane come through with those domes. That will take this to another level. I gotta go, but I'll post more later on all that I did. Boy was it tough.

Best,

Robert

Ok so it's ANH vader but I just noticed I put the robes inside the armor so I guess he's more of a RotJ, he's got the updated cloak/tunic a Hasbro dome and new sideshow vader boots.

Folded the tunic in a little. I took these with my phone. I rarely bother with my camera anymore, don't feel like it. As far as the gloves are concerned, I think I may keep them the way they are, Wor-Gar. Unless I'm persuaded otherwise one day.

20140310_122633_zpsde72fe87.jpg

And these. :horror

20140308_205917_zps64509df5.jpg

20140308_212645_zpsaf970c09.jpg

Last edited:
And these. :horror

20140308_205917_zps64509df5.jpg

20140308_212645_zpsaf970c09.jpg

I love them chop shop pictures. :lightsabe Cut 'em if ya got 'em.

In the dome, did you sand down the inside molded bracket thing flush? I'm thinking of doing that to mine. I want it lower with more tilt.

Alex

Awesome pics, man. What mods did you do for yours?

Thanks, just repositioned the original dome, got him a custom cape and made a neutral pose ;)

Excellent! Finally someone has the helmet lowered past the brow line correctly.

Love to see Grievous pics in the other thread too or is that the PF?

Looks excellent! I really love those Stormies on the side too. I have none.

Wow coming from you guys, that means a lot. The Grievous in the background is the PF.

Nice chRd! Glad to see you kept your troopers too. :)

Haha let go of one since POs are piling up, plus the fact that I've a baby that's due soon

Great looking figures - & mods, Fiend!! :hi5:

While I admire the effort that boardies such as yourself, put in to get their figures looking great - it's literally outrageous that BOTH SSC Vaders are that flawed. :ohbfrank:

I'm just gonna wait till something TRULY high end gets announced. I was thinking of customizing a Vader from scratch, but **** it.

I honestly couldn't be bothered now. :lol

I love them chop shop pictures. :lightsabe Cut 'em if ya got 'em.

In the dome, did you sand down the inside molded bracket thing flush? I'm thinking of doing that to mine. I want it lower with more tilt.

Alex

Oh yeah, I took the dremel to the whole inside of that thing. First I got rid of the molded plastic thing, then later I did the sides.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

There were wrinkles on the cape/clothing (didn't like that at all!!) and did some ironing today ;) Here's the result!

33eklmw.jpg

5a5rf7.jpg

just a noobish question guys.. what is the prefferd storage location on figures with lots of leather such as vader here? i live in a place thats humid most of the time..i was planning on placing my figs in a airconditioned room due to humidity at day time but we only open air conditions at night hahaha is it bad to put vader in a room that changes temperature? or should i place him outside where humidity is constant? thanks!

Well, I wouldn't say my house stays exactly the same temperature at all times so I don't think it will be a problem. I wouldn't suggest keeping it in a consistently humid area.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
With all the hype surrounding the current SSC release, I had actually pulled the trigger on it...then canceled my order.

I just picked up the ANH version; something about it just speaks to me more and I think it'll look better with my Marmit stormtroopers. When it arrives I'll lower the helmet and get a new cape and tunic set; I don't think the height will bother me that much, but if so that's a mod for the future, not like there isn't a wealth of information in this thread.

I think I made the right call.

Back