Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you lot think of Tony's cape? I picked one up and I love it.
I think lances is awesome, but to have a properly edged seam looks great.

I love Tony's work, but his Vader cape wasn't for me. I had to return it for a partial refund. While the finished edges do look nice on their own, all that stitching causes the cape to not hang straight down. It bells out a little kind of like the stock cape.

Lance's one piece approach allows the cloth to hang down more naturally for this scale.

I got round to doing the helmet mod to Vader tonight. A good bit of grinding later and I notice a difference right away. It's like a completely different head, still getting used to it but the more screen accurate look is growing on me.

Along with the KP body, my latest change has reduced Vader's height down to something more realistic. How tall is everyone's Vader? Mine sits at 35cm (13 and 3/4 inches). On that subject, how do you cope with the giraffe neck using the KP body for Vader?

I shove my KP neck forward so I don't notice the giraffe part but perhaps you could put a little 'stuffing' under the shoulder armor to lift it up just a tad, thus reducing the neck. It's a cheat but it works.

Ah, I was actually wondering if one of you had a trick to reduce the giraffe neck height wise. I've tried those tricks. Simple but effective.

Back