Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

finally watched it....

Spoiler Spoiler:

i'm a bit disappointed about that...

and
Spoiler Spoiler:

and
Spoiler Spoiler:

what happens to them?

the only boobies this movie have are the alien keyboard. yep. those engineers sure know the way of the universe. lolz

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here are more shots from the art book.

HUGE SPOILERS!

https://prometheusfrance.forumdefans.com/t36-le-livre-officiel-informations-officielles

https://lechib.free.fr/livreprometheus/

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jesus, they look amazing. Got my notice from Amazon shipping next week.
Those images make me feel rather disappointed with the final movie.
:monkey2

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really need to watch this in the theater; a stupid cam does not cut it.

Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

Kinda feel sorry for the Protoxeno. I hope he finds some friends on that planet and blings up his bachelor escape pod pad.

I don't know if I really love the proto-xeno or I dislike it. I mean it has the classic alien standards, however lacks the tail and back tubes. I know it's a proto so some of the parts we know on the standard aliens may not exist in its DNA, but still :S I would be a lot happier if it at least had the alien "mouth tongue" instead of the strange jaw dislocation :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really need to watch this in the theater; a stupid cam does not cut it.

That's if you want to see the
Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually you can, because it doesn't count. Only the official versions of movies are considered canon. That's why the Alien from the 3rd movie is referred to as the "Dog" Alien and not the "Ox" Alien. Deleted scenes, director cuts, etc. regardless if they're shown in a theater or added to a DVD aren't canon. Just like alternate endings (even if they're seen in a theater) aren't canon.

Isn't your definition of canon (in reference to franchise movies) subjective as well? After all there is no real definition for canon in terms of movie franchises, is there?

IMO, "alternate endings" can be considered non-canon. They are meant as just that...an alternate ending. It doesn't entirely replace the original. On the other hand when you ADD or replace a scene in a movie, and then call the new version a "director's cut"...then I feel that new version is the actual "movie-canon". It's not just a "fun alternate ending/scene". After all, what is "canon" if not the Director's true vision of his/her film which is released in theaters or home video by the studio(s) that made it? (And this is also all subjective...its just the way I look at it.)

Kinda feel sorry for the Protoxeno. I hope he finds some friends on that planet and blings up his bachelor escape pod pad.

I hope the bastard gets orally raped by the hammerped.
Talked with couple of people today who had seen the movie with no previous knowledge of Alien (if you can believe that!) and they didn't like it one bit for the same reasons I found it disappointing. No logic in the writing, stupid lines, some bad acting and just separate scenes glued together with no continuity.

It's just a monster flick. That's what she said. Damn you Ridley.

So what exactly is going on here?
hpqsca14.jpg

And I'm assuming they changed this part, right?
hpqsca16.jpg

Wonder who the old indian looking dude is supposed to be!?

Click the link for the video , interesting watch.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3147214/video-interview-sir-ridley-scott-on-the-intermingling-of-science-and-religion-in-prometheus-its-potential-sequel-and-alien-paradise/

" Ridley Scott’s Prometheus is only a couple of days away from its US release and I highly recommend it. You may have just read David Harley’s review – which makes many good points – but I liked it more than he did. My opinion of it is somewhere in the 8/10 range of Brad’s review. I also can’t stress enough how much you shouldn’t be expecting something similar to Alien. Prometheus is its own movie and its best to approach it on those terms (and let the Alien elements be bonus points along the way). I’m posting my spoiler heavy review (for discussion purposes) late tomorrow after the film’s US release. In the meantime, I’m continuing with our exclusive video interviews.

Today’s interview is with Ridley Scott himself, who I spoke to in London last week. We talk at length about the ideas and themes in the film, and also touch a bit on what the tone of the sequel might be (if it happens). Scott is a verbose, thoughtful man and I recommend giving him 6 or so minutes of your undivided attention.

“With ‘Prometheus,’ Scott creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.”

I’ve already posted an interview with Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender as well as my chats with Charlize Theron, Guy Pearce and Logan Marshall-Green. Also, over the next few days I’ll be posting two separate pieces with Damon Lindelof. Prometheus opens in the US on June 8th (click here for Brad’s spoiler light review). Head inside to check out the interview (and beware of mild spoilers I suppose). "

And I'm assuming they changed this part, right?
hpqsca16.jpg

Wonder who the old indian looking dude is supposed to be!?

That appears to be the scene where the Engineer kills himself to start the birth of the human race and in the movie he drank the liquid that killed him alone. It seems the original idea seen here was that another Engineer was helping him and looks to be wearing a mask and robe ( probably to add to the effect of the scenes ritualistic nature ).
The Jockey in the movie is actually wearing a robe which he takes off before drinking the liquid.

Oops , double post !.

Isn't your definition of canon (in reference to franchise movies) subjective as well?

No, because it's not "my" definition. When Fox lists the movies in the "Alien Franchise" it's

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

Not..

Alien (Director's cut) Aliens (Director's cut) Alien 3 (Director's cut) Alien: Resurrection.

And just to put it in perspective regarding Alien: The directors cut for that film contradicts Aliens (both the theatrical AND directors cut) because in that version the Alien(s) cover hosts in some weird mucus that transforms them into eggs i.e. no Alien Queen.

Back