Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

So the Aliens will be in it, but it won't be THE Aliens? :lol

Little confused here.

So the Aliens will be in it, but it won't be THE Aliens? :lol

Little confused here.

That's pretty much it.

They will be a form of the Alien...but they won't look at all like this-

170px-Alien_(1979)_-_The_Alien.jpg

Either way, I'm totally down for some Hot Toys figures of the beasties. If we end up getting Jockey-born Aliens (which is the most-likely outcome), the result will be a combination of two kickass Giger designs.
I don't know about you guys, but I'd love a figure representation of anything that man has come up with.

Yeah, I actually looked for a Jeebs gif but no luck.

If the Alien looks like that first design, then, holy ____.

Did you guys forget how UNQUALIFIED Gorman was as their leader? He called it a Xenomorph because...well, that's what he came up with. He used it as a generic term.

No one in that crew knew what that meant. When Hudson said Bug Hunt he probably meant something along the lines of "Bull____ mission."

There. Christ....

What about Tremors? Graboids. Grab- they grab you....Oids- I don't know.

The species name isn't called Graboids, it's just a name that stuck.

And Hish, Yautja, aint real. None of that goofy bull____ exists. Xenomorph gets more credit because it's in the movie.

Gorman was incapable of doing anything that required thinking outside of the SOP manual. Xenomorph is just a generic term for an intelligent terrestrial life form. The Marines were a specialized unit that was trained to deal with hostile alien life forms. The Bug Stompers squadron log on the side of their dropship insinuated they were a unit that was trained for combat against hostile terrestrial life forms. They acted like they didn't care about another encounter, like it wasn't the first case of Marines going into combat against other alien life forms before. It was more of a 'been there and done that' attitude and one more 'hostile bug' to deal with wouldn't be anything special. To me that's not the attitude of scared soldiers that might be potentially dealing with something as vicious as Ripley described. It's hardly the reaction you'd expect from people that hadn't encountered hostile alien life forms before.

So it's not unreasonable to assume that Colonial Marines had had run-ins with some pretty mean life forms before, and weren't particularly phased by the unique features of this new "Xenomporph" species Ripley described. Even though it was unique, It was still just another dangerous alien that needed to be dealt with, and that comes with the job.

Back to Prometheus.

I need to stop reading avpgalaxy in regards to this film. There's too many fan theories/ potential plot spoilers that could wreck the surprise of the film for me.:lol

Nah. I got banned there because I was joking around. The MOD couldn't tell the difference.

Nah. I got banned there because I was joking around. The MOD couldn't tell the difference.
You too? :lol

AvPGalaxy has great information, but there's just so many uneducated morons..it's no different than Youtube.

I pray this is in the movie...I have always dreamed of seeing this outside of the painting..and imagine the figures/statues we could get..oh god.. :thud:

HR-Giger-Alien.jpeg

Back