Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He did. And he rated it 8/10.

Woah!.gif

For the life of me, I still can't understand this movie. No matter what somebodies take is on it, It's always different from the next persons.

The movie is about the search for human life, and space jockies.

What's not to get? Outside of the silly details.

Good story, inept and ridiculous character development, situations asking the audience to accept brain numbing circumstances = terrible ****ing movie. I had such high hopes, but that writer really ****ed it up....stick to Lost, amateur boy

Not really. Just a misguided one. A "****ing terrible" movie is something like Die Hard 5. Something devoid of ANYTHING quality, failing in every single possible way, and not doing ONE single thing right.

Prometheus may fail in terms of logic. It may fail in terms of telling a cohesive story. But it has great cinematography, it has pretty good acting, and very impressive set pieces. It doesn't make it a good movie. But it keeps it from being a bad one.

You can't complain about Prometheus when Movie 43, and Die Hard 5 exist. You just can't/

Not really. Just a misguided one. A "****ing terrible" movie is something like Die Hard 5. Something devoid of ANYTHING quality, failing in every single possible way, and not doing ONE single thing right.

Prometheus may fail in terms of logic. It may fail in terms of telling a cohesive story. But it has great cinematography, it has pretty good acting, and very impressive set pieces. It doesn't make it a good movie. But it keeps it from being a bad one.

You can't complain about Prometheus when Movie 43, and Die Hard 5 exist. You just can't/

I agree with everything with what you are saying, but without a cohesive story, everything is just eye candy. I'm just tired of all these "make your own conclusions up" type of movies, rather than a director/writer give us an answer, so we can in fact enjoy the movie.
Instead, they just give us a smug look and say ****e like "What do you think it means?", when in fact they have no idea themselves. And then when somebody comes up with a somewhat logical answer, they then reply "yyyyeahhhh..."

5 times. a month ago. No.

I'm fine with the movie. It's not Colonel Marines bad. So therefor, it's OK.

CM is the worst thing the franchise has ever had. Period. Alien Res, AvP-R...don't come close to that ****ty video game.

I agree with everything with what you are saying, but without a cohesive story, everything is just eye candy. I'm just tired of all these "make your own conclusions up" type of movies, rather than a director/writer give us an answer, so we can in fact enjoy the movie.
Instead, they just give us a smug look and say ****e like "What do you think it means?", when in fact they have no idea themselves. And then when somebody comes up with a somewhat logical answer, they then reply "yyyyeahhhh..."

I agree here. I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea. But whatever. I had some fun trying to dig into the Alien mythos to make up my BS to fill in the gaps. But that doesn't mean it succeeded in that area.

Not really. If it really wanted too, it would've been PG-13.

So no. Wrong.

And I think any thread is a good place to vent about CM. Which is really, the worst of the franchise.

The very thing that makes me laugh is when people try to say that all of the movie happens on the same planet as the original Aliens, so therefore, IT IS THE ACTUALL PREQUIL TO ALIEN. While I then reply, "Actually in fact that it did NOT take place on the same planet".
At that point, enter the stunned looked followed by, "Shut up! Yes it did!"

Back