Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA Terminator 2 figures

I'm not sure what rights exist or not for T1. T2 was at the start of the big merchandising era and the filmmakers secured rights for things, going through the film rights holders is enough. Films like T1 and Predator weren't wise enough and likeness rights have to go through Arnold's people as well as through those owning the film rights, which complicates things. HT's Predator figure has been plagued with issues over Arnie likeness rights.

Battle damaged head look better.

img0613hz3.jpg
img06133ob3.jpg

Oh wow. I just hope the final product looks like that. Neca always has flashy prototypes but what you get in a packaging sometimes are a few yards off.

if they payed alot of money for the arnie likeness, you'd think they'd do a better job really :dunno

do not like the head sculpts.

Awesome.
That's all I have to say.
I might pick a couple of these up, even though I'm not such a big fan.

The NECA T2 figures all have this strange 'line' on their chins...I know Kyle 'Tankman' Windrix wouldn't have sculpted it on there if it wasn't actually on Arnold's face...does anyone have any pics of this cos this line is my Grail and I'd hate to haver this one thing bugging me if it isn't really meant to be there.

Last edited:

The NECA T2 figures all have this strange 'line' on their chins...I know Kyle 'Tankman' Windrix wouldn't have sculpted it on there if it wasn't actually on Arnold's face...does anyone have any pics of this cos this line is my Grail and I'd hate to haver this one thing bugging me if it isn't really meant to be there.

The chin thing is on the real man and I worked very hard to get it and the end of the nose right this time around. This face is much better than the one I did back in the day of working over at Mcfarlane. Still it was sad to see the head not ever get used but in the end I'm glad really because it gave us a chance to go back and do it better now. It's kind of funny how some of these pics make the head look different when it's the same head from battle damage to none battle damage. I changed the eyebrow's just a little bit. I let my friend Sam Lute go ahead and do the full battle damaged head and it looks great. I'm a big Terminator fan and I love the fact that were doing 4 deffent figure when Todd never would have let us do that back in 2000. I remember having to fight just to get two heads to come with the one figure but I guess it wasn't to be. Now we just have to hope China will do a great job on these and I'm so looking forward to seeing the first test shots come in.

I can remember back in 2001 Toyfair looking at the Movie Maniacs line thinking to myself just how great it was to be working at a place that let us create such neat figures. It was so cool to know there would be Terminator figures and at that time we had no idea Arnold wouldn't let the figure be made with his likeness. It felt like a bad dream really.
It Kind of sucks and is sad really what McFarlane has to show at Toyfair now days. Hopefully they can get back to what made them great to begain with and it feels funny to me that time goes by so fast and that was almost 10 years ago. WOW.

Ever since Mcfarlane teased us with their T2 (with full on likeness), as seen in this thread, I have been dying for a great T2 line, and it looks to be here finally

Exactly. I can't believe its taken so long for a company to properly use this license. NECA look to be putting out every incarnation of the T2 T-800 I've always wanted. McFarlane let us down with only 4 figures from T2, OK maybe 2 more if you count the sarah connor variants - the key figure didn't have the likeness which perhaps rendered moot the idea of doing anymore of them. Then Sideshow come along and do a mere 3 figures in the 12" scale and they use the puniest body for Arnold. Meanwhile both companies get his hair wrong and SS give him a generic neck rather than the bullneck that a schwarzennegger figure ought to have.

Who knows what NECAs figures will turn out like once they're scaled down and given factory paintjobs but I'm optimistic - they have to improve sometime. And I'd rather have these guys than none at all. I'm getting 2 of each. Hopefully they'll be suitably in scale with McFarlanes T2 and T3 lines. If so we'll have an amazing collection of T2 figures, because McFarlanes are still pretty good despite my disappointment with their underuse of the license.

Kyle,you sir are a gentleman.You really have put me at ease. Just a few questions.

1.Have you any pics of the fully damaged headsculpt?

2.Will you guys be making a second T-1000 wave?

3.What reference had you to sculpt with,were you given any pics from the studio for these sculpts,which are frankly the best and most detailed Arnold sculpts I have ever seen...you have topped Conan,SS and even Hot Toys' Dutch figure in my opinion.Properly done T-800's are my Grail,and now I'm getting it.Please forward on my thanks to everyone involved at your company.

More about the chin dimple. I have two Arnold face castings and both have the chin dimple and thats what I tried to recreate. One casting is T2 Arnold and the other is Total Recall. If you know it's there you can see it in the movie. I tried to give the face as much realism as possible and really make the body dead on this time. Looking back at the figure I did in 2000 I can see it's not thick enough and I improved the body this go around. All the weapons are much better and Sam Lute worked on those and made sure the stuff is dead on. Terminator one and two is his favorite movies and as a fan and great artist he wants everything to be great on these figures. Everything is much better this time around and we took a lot more time on it. Hopefully fans will be really happy with the figures. I got pics of the finished full damaged head sculpt Sam finished and it looks so freaking cool. As a Terminator fan this puts a real big smile on my face and now lets bring on T1.

I'LL BE BACK.

Nice one man! So good to see alot of dedication brought forward for this franchise! You did a fantastic job! I for one will be buying these guys! And look forward to some T1 figures too! I'm a very happy chappy right now!!

Thanks

Bri :D

I notice the chin dimple now when I watch T2! It can be seen juuusssttt as he removes the skin on his arm,as well as in certain frames when he is explaining the T-1000 to john on the bike. I am impressed!

The chin thing is on the real man and I worked very hard to get it and the end of the nose right this time around. This face is much better than the one I did back in the day of working over at Mcfarlane. Still it was sad to see the head not ever get used but in the end I'm glad really because it gave us a chance to go back and do it better now. It's kind of funny how some of these pics make the head look different when it's the same head from battle damage to none battle damage. I changed the eyebrow's just a little bit. I let my friend Sam Lute go ahead and do the full battle damaged head and it looks great. I'm a big Terminator fan and I love the fact that were doing 4 deffent figure when Todd never would have let us do that back in 2000. I remember having to fight just to get two heads to come with the one figure but I guess it wasn't to be. Now we just have to hope China will do a great job on these and I'm so looking forward to seeing the first test shots come in.

I can remember back in 2001 Toyfair looking at the Movie Maniacs line thinking to myself just how great it was to be working at a place that let us create such neat figures. It was so cool to know there would be Terminator figures and at that time we had no idea Arnold wouldn't let the figure be made with his likeness. It felt like a bad dream really.
It Kind of sucks and is sad really what McFarlane has to show at Toyfair now days. Hopefully they can get back to what made them great to begain with and it feels funny to me that time goes by so fast and that was almost 10 years ago. WOW.

You were a McFarlane sculptor, what other Movie Maniacs did you do? Michael Myers? Headleass Horseman?

Kyle,you sir are a gentleman.You really have put me at ease. Just a few questions.

1.Have you any pics of the fully damaged headsculpt?

2.Will you guys be making a second T-1000 wave?

3.What reference had you to sculpt with,were you given any pics from the studio for these sculpts,which are frankly the best and most detailed Arnold sculpts I have ever seen...you have topped Conan,SS and even Hot Toys' Dutch figure in my opinion.Properly done T-800's are my Grail,and now I'm getting it.Please forward on my thanks to everyone involved at your company.

Thanks man and I do hope the T1000 will be made too. The Arnold thing came out of nowhere and we wanted to get these figures done in time for T4 movie release. If we would have had the time I'm sure T1000 would have been made too. If the T800 figures do well I'm sure the T1000 will be made too and as a fan I hope we make it. Randy and myself want it to happen but the boss has to say lets do it first.
We know our Endo was a China mess and we are trying to put it out the way we wanted it to be the first time around. I would think these figures will do very well because T2 is one of those movies that keeps on going as a classic and guys will aways want cool ass figures from it.

The clay on the fully damaged head is being molded up today and should get painted by the end of the week. We didn't have enough time to get it into the show.

Makes my day to see hard core fans love what we are doing with the Terminator figures. I did have good info to go by on the head. Really it was very good. I had three weeks to rush the sculpt out back at McFarlane but this time had more time to get things better and I feel we did that. I just can't believe that was 9 years ago. What Happened?

You were a McFarlane sculptor, what other Movie Maniacs did you do? Michael Myers? Headleass Horseman?

Yes and I did both Myers figures but not the Horseman. Looks like I might be doing my 5th Myers figure soon maybe. I would love to do a Myers from part two ^^^^ Warlock. How about the 18 inch new Jason from that new kick ass Friday the 13th movie? Have you gotten yours yet?

Who sculpted the T3 figures? Those IMO were the best.

Kyle, if you can make the eyes a little bigger, the figure would be a lot better. But something is just IMO off. But as always, your cloths are just top notch.

Back