Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA Terminator 2 figures

I think more people should read the link posted a few pages back ;) https://www.figures.com/databases/a...actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=568&nl=1

It says:
"Four different versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the unstoppable T-800 will be released, two at a time, in addition to a re-release of NECA's T-800 Endoskeleton action figure with improved tooling and new weapons. The first assortment - TWO Arnold T-800s and an Endoskeleton - are slated for release this May/June, with the remaining two Arnolds and another Endoskeleton to see release later in the year."

Some close ups...
IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

..with the mini gun arnie, I'm wondering where does the ammo belt lead to? Is there an ammo bag on the figures back? If there is, I can't see it from those shots.

I'm liking the endo arm version (non jacket) and BD the most.

It'll be interesting to see what parts can be usable from these to kitbash/upgrade articulated 1/6 customs :)

..with the mini gun arnie, I'm wondering where does the ammo belt lead to? Is there an ammo bag on the figures back? If there is, I can't see it from those shots.

I'm liking the endo arm version (non jacket) and BD the most.

It'll be interesting to see what parts can be usable from these to kitbash/upgrade articulated 1/6 customs :)

These are 7" figures... dont think you can use em for 1/6th tho... unless they release 12" versions... :)

NECA only does 12 inch when the 18 inch is too expensive....so a 12 inch is a possbilty.

My only criticism would be in getting the stern terminator look NECA and every company before them tend to make him look too old for his 1991 age. His skin should be a bit smoother. But damn everything else looks great. Love that exposed endo arm - I've always wanted a figure from that scene. One of my favourite special effects in T2

My only criticism would be in getting the stern terminator look NECA and every company before them tend to make him look too old for his 1991 age. His skin should be a bit smoother. But damn everything else looks great. Love that exposed endo arm - I've always wanted a figure from that scene. One of my favourite special effects in T2

I think that's just NECA in general, not just T2, their figures tend to have a rougher finish to the faces.

I dunno the likeness is not all that great but its still cool to know that there will be something new in the way of T2. I sure as hell hope this means that Hot Toys will have an opportunity at making something as well. Maybe another Sideshow license share?

Something similar to the Scarface's uprise of products some years ago would be cool. It seemed that every and any company capable made something Scarface back then.

With Scarface it was the big Anniversary and DVD, now T2 has the hype of T4. I hope this is a sign of things. I hope if HT does take on T2 merchandise, they expand and complete Sideshow's offering instead of replacing. I want a 1/6 BD T2 and gatling gun and all and Biker T-1000 and John Connor, we've got biker T-800 and cop T-1000 covered well enough.

With Scarface it was the big Anniversary and DVD, now T2 has the hype of T4. I hope this is a sign of things. I hope if HT does take on T2 merchandise, they expand and complete Sideshow's offering instead of replacing. I want a 1/6 BD T2 and gatling gun and all and Biker T-1000 and John Connor, we've got biker T-800 and cop T-1000 covered well enough.

Yes I agree 100%, if Hot Toys made a T-1000 with pink pants for some odd reason i'd still buy it! If HT's does have the opportunity there is no doubt that they will all kick ass. I agree about them not making "Clean" versions, the same ones that Sideshow gave us.

A T-1000 in biker suit? ....................... oh man I need to stop thinking of the possibilities. :cool:

Oh btw Sean, killer signature, Rocky II's training sequence is my favorite.

No I'd take HT clean versions, I think HT would do an improved job. With todays standards any new HT figure would make the SS figures stand out for the wrong reasons - cheaper clothing, inferior likenesses etc.

No I'd take HT clean versions, I think HT would do an improved job. With todays standards any new HT figure would make the SS figures stand out for the wrong reasons - cheaper clothing, inferior likenesses etc.

I'd take them too, but AFTER ones SSC didn't do, Sideshow's are fine enough, HT's line would be much better if they picked up where SSC left off and finish things off for the collector. The biggest dissappointment with SSC's was the lack of figures, I'd like to see the ones I dreamed they'd have done become a reality, then deal with revisiting what they did do.

Ever since Mcfarlane teased us with their T2 (with full on likeness), as seen in this thread, I have been dying for a great T2 line, and it looks to be here finally. Likeness looks pretty darn good to me, here's hoping the factory does a great paint job....

Why no Terminator (1) figures....? Arnie in that first one looked very scary - I would love to see some done from the original movie with a Kyle Reese....

Back