Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA Terminator 2 figures

I don't know about that, I thought the Sideshow T-1000 mini bust came out great for the portrait.

4.jpg

That bust is good,but it looks kind of 'soft'...could do with some more detail and skin texturing.If any line or licence was underused,it's the Terminator.Hopefully this is the start of something great,with a second or even third series from NECA from T2,and finally T1 figures.

I wouldn't count on T1 figures outside of an Endoskeleton. I'm pretty sure only T2 and later have likeness rights and such covered by the license holders of the film, T1 would probably have to go through Arnie's likeness company and that can be a ^^^^^ to deal with and NECA would likely pass on that. Maybe new T3 and T4 stuff, but I'd be surprised to see T1.

NECA and now Hot Toys have managed to snag his likeness rights...granted,HT blew their load early by showing their Dutch prototype without having final rights secured,but I'm sure if NECa went through all the right channels,they could make figures from T1...these guys made Hannibal,Regan and Pinhead after all...I have faith.

Well, I love NECA's products, but they also seem to shy away from some things they feel as unnecessary expenses etc., and if they're aware of HT's hastles with Arnie's people, they may not want bring that on themselves. I'd love for T1 figures as HT's just never really did it, but I fear that the Arnie likeness rights hastles may make it a property they don't want to pursue. If Conan entailed getting rights from his people, that's something else and promising. I just know if I were a company in this economy and saw the HT situation and the hastles, I'd probably say screw it, the sales aren't worth it.

Cool, actual sculptor participation in a thread. Good to know a fan with as much obsession with detail and accuracy is actually working on these. And it has paid off. These are the best T2 figures we've ever seen. A few posts ago I said I'd have 2 of each, I might even go up on that.

-most accurate in terms of Arnold's physique

-most accurate hair (I hope thats something that doesn't get tweaked, its perfect as is)

-Excellent posing (neutral enough yet action orientated)

-looks like theres some well-disguised shoulder articulation

-4 figures and alternate head possibilities mean we can have almost every possible iteration of Arnies T-800 from any scene in the film! With or without sunglasses, every combination of battledamage!

I think he's a bit too squinty in the face, he maybe has a few too many lines but I still think it looks like Arnold. This is a Terminator fan's dream come true - and opens up a lot of possibilities for more figures because these will surely do well.:banana

And dude, Kyle, i'm on your side. Hell, most of my collection consists of NECA stuff. I want the company to improve and continue to make these great figures for a long time, and not go down the McF path.

But I have been let down a lot in the past, (mostly paint issues) so thats why i'm so critical. I want the very best product I can get from NECA.

All good here and it's cool you want the best figure posible. I think the paint should be fine on these but you never know. Lots of my stuff back in the day at McFarlane were painted so pore and for me I like to get my castings because I know it's my work. We hate it when China makes a mess out of things and always have our fingers crossed they won't.
What you are seeing at McFarlane is a man that is getting older and his company has a soccer mom mentality and the guys like myself have moved on. We use to tell him man it would be great to do Terminator or Iron Maiden or whatever. Todd really isn't into this stuff and you can see how that has shown in the last few years.
I can remember he didn't even want to do the Terminator because he thought it looked too much like Jason X. Believe me there is a good reason you see things over there now days that just make you want to scratch your head. I don't see NECA going down that road because our boss lets us the fans do things the way we like but sometimes he might want to do something like Twilight and were saying oh man gross. Guess what though, we sold so many of that figure so it was a good move. After all you have to make money in the end.
Everybody in NJ that has seen the Arnold faces up close seem to think there great and I'll bring it up to them that the pics at Toyfair seems to make the eyes look smaller. I would hear from them if they thought I did them wrong and they know I can take critisism. Sam Lute is a McFarlane vet and loves the Terminator more than anything. I'll call him tomorrow and see what he thinks. He also did a lot of the sculpting on the T3 figures at McFarlane.

Tankman, how cross-compatible will these figures be or would you even know at this stage? I'm already pondering headswap possibilities, even arm swaps so that I can create each and every 'stage' of Arnie in T2.

And hopefully when these do as well as they probably will there'll be the possibility of T-1000, john and sarah figures for us to recreate scenes.

Ahh Tankman is here! One of my fav sculptor. Your work is amazing!
Ive written emails to NECA long long long ago begging for T2 line and finally we are getting it!

This could be a nice boxset idea :p
BB027393040FC8D8B1DB87B8FCDB1.jpg

I dont know but i still like your old T2 T800 heads... for those of you who never seen them... here it is...

https://www.thesculptorscorner.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=5645

Heres my extrapolations of the various stages the T-800 goes through in T2 from what I can remember. These 4 figures from NECA make it possible to have virtually all of these if we wish, by buying multiples and switching around parts should that prove possible:

Galleria fight - shades&black T-shirt using shotgun

Pescadero scenes - as above until loses shades

garage scene (resetting the chip/ sentry duty) - no shades, no jacket, grey T-shirt&shotgun

desert scenes - no shades, grey t-shirt under leather jacket&shotgun

Dysons house - as above until he removes leather jacket and cuts the flesh off his lower arm

cyberdyne scenes - no shades, now wearing biker gloves, grey t-shirt, full grenade bandolier, grenade launcher

cyberdyne siege - as above and add mini-gun and ammo bag

Post SWAT assault - no shades, still with biker gloves, grenade bandolier, pistol, battledamaged cheek&forehead&chest, bullet riddled leather jacket (teargas launcher optional accessory)

Steel mill pre-T-1000 fight - as above (only now with battledamaged knee?) but with both pistol and grenade launcher

Steel mill after first T-1000 fight - as above and add dismembered left arm battle-damage, remove grenade launcher&pistol, replace with metal pole!

Steel mill after 2nd T-1000 fight - as above and add complete facial battle-damage due to steel beam impacts. Bring back grenade launcher.

All good here and it's cool you want the best figure posible. I think the paint should be fine on these but you never know. Lots of my stuff back in the day at McFarlane were painted so pore and for me I like to get my castings because I know it's my work. We hate it when China makes a mess out of things and always have our fingers crossed they won't.
What you are seeing at McFarlane is a man that is getting older and his company has a soccer mom mentality and the guys like myself have moved on. We use to tell him man it would be great to do Terminator or Iron Maiden or whatever. Todd really isn't into this stuff and you can see how that has shown in the last few years.
I can remember he didn't even want to do the Terminator because he thought it looked too much like Jason X. Believe me there is a good reason you see things over there now days that just make you want to scratch your head. I don't see NECA going down that road because our boss lets us the fans do things the way we like but sometimes he might want to do something like Twilight and were saying oh man gross. Guess what though, we sold so many of that figure so it was a good move. After all you have to make money in the end.
Everybody in NJ that has seen the Arnold faces up close seem to think there great and I'll bring it up to them that the pics at Toyfair seems to make the eyes look smaller. I would hear from them if they thought I did them wrong and they know I can take critisism. Sam Lute is a McFarlane vet and loves the Terminator more than anything. I'll call him tomorrow and see what he thinks. He also did a lot of the sculpting on the T3 figures at McFarlane.

Mhmm. Its funny because most of the figures I own, were sculpted BY you. So its interesting talking to ya.

Mhmm. Its funny because most of the figures I own, were sculpted BY you. So its interesting talking to ya.

That's really cool because really I'm just a fan like you and I want the figures we make to best represtent what we saw in the movies we like so much. Randy is a huge fan too and works very hard to make these things come out great. I would say the pics you see do make the eyes look kind of squinty but wait and see how it ends up looking. I like when fans point out things that might be messed up. Now you need to get yourself that fogged dome Alien figure. Oh yeah.

Tankman, how cross-compatible will these figures be or would you even know at this stage? I'm already pondering headswap possibilities, even arm swaps so that I can create each and every 'stage' of Arnie in T2.

And hopefully when these do as well as they probably will there'll be the possibility of T-1000, john and sarah figures for us to recreate scenes.

Thats a really cool idea and I'll see if we can make them do this. I'm still trying to figure out which one I like best. Man Terminator freaking rules.

Back