Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive always had an issue ordering from the Hong Kong sellers; the first batches of hot toys often have QC issues.

Yep, I have heard. I order specifically from Loontentoys whom upon hearing about 1st batch issues, only sends 2nd or corrected batches internationally, and 1st batch only to Hong Kong (for ease of any recall problems). I've discussed with Feng a few times, his assurance is solid and I feel extremely comfortable ordering my HT's from him (Any missing accessories or defects he pays for return shipping of defected and shipping back to you of the corrected figure).

Loontentoys is good people :):)

Its happened with Batman DX, Iron Man MK VI, Barney Ross, and probably a few others.

Do they really, because I was thinking of getting mine from ABC express. Should I wait and try and find somebody else then?

I'm in the UK by the way.

Don't hesitate to order from reputable HK sellers such as Loontentoys, Goodshipped, or abc-express. They're all awesome dealers, and very focused on customer satisfaction. I've had great experiences with all 3.

Oh I bet the head will be undersized. HT seem to have a habit of doing that for some weird reason. Even allowing for the mass of hair it still does seem a tad small in all the promos so far.

Yes, sometimes HT heads come out undersized for their figure bodies, for whatever reason. They can be hit or miss.

While Jack may indeed look undersized in the end, I feared ill-proportions on the Barney Ross figure from this photo, tiny head again.

Hot%20Toys%20Expendables%20Barney%20Ross%20Figure%20Pic%205.jpg

Yet the in hand figure just looks absolutely perfect, so I haven't totally committed to Jack being flawed in this regard.

I really wouldn't compare head size with a picture like that, not only is his legs in a different position, but the Hot Toys TT body isn't specifically sized for him, unless he's actually 6' tall.

While comparing where parts of Johnny line up to the figure isn't the best thing, you can argue the size of the figure head relative to the body, in that photo it just seems too small, it's like a 7 foot person's body with a 5 foot tall person's head, but again, I felt the same about Barney and to my relief I loved the figure I got so I'm not going to throw in the towel over HT's photos.

One thing I've found with figures, they can be flawed in some ways and those flaws will show in photos and make certain shots hard to get looking good, but yet just looking at them with your eye, those issues aren't so apparent. Like Sideshow's Darth Vader and HT's T-800, there are things that certain photos will highlight and make the figures look just awful, but when I go to set the shot and am just looking with my eye, I see something really nice. The most important thing in the end is that when you look at it in your display, it looks right to you, if you can't take certain photos without it looking bad, oh well, you live with not taking the shots, your display look is what ultimately matters most when you're buying these.

This is my first Hot Toys figure, I have been wanting to buy one since '07... I am so excited, lol.

I hope Alter Ego comics get that exclusive, would be cool... if not, ah well... as long as I get this figure.:)

Now for the long wait... :impatient:

Alter Ego Comics DEFINITELY gets their HT merchandise direct from Sideshow so that would equal "long telescope".

My first HT figure was AWE Jack Sparrow. It was enough to get me addicted to HT. And 1:6 scale. You are venturing down a dark path my friend. But a very enjoyable one non the less. :nana: :hi5:

Come to think of it, Jack was my first HT figure too :rock

Is the telescope really worth the extra $20? BBTS has it for $20 less and shipping would be about the same for me. But, I kind of like having all the items possible for a figure. Pre-ordered just in case. Also want to see how good and how much the final Enterbay one will be. If get a Jack Sparrow, it has to be the best representation of the character.

Lets put it this way, if someone parts out this Jack, do you think they are going to sell that telescope for anything LESS than $20? I don't think so. So your answer is yes, it will be worth it. And if you are a reseller, that telescope is going to fetch you a lot more than $20 in a couple of years.

Is the telescope really worth the extra $20? BBTS has it for $20 less and shipping would be about the same for me. But, I kind of like having all the items possible for a figure. Pre-ordered just in case. Also want to see how good and how much the final Enterbay one will be. If get a Jack Sparrow, it has to be the best representation of the character.

Have you seen what people will pay for Sideshow exclusives over the regular for dumb stuff like an orange snake or an extra hand? I agree with Buttmunch.. YES, it will be worth more than $20 down the road.

Lets put it this way, if someone parts out this Jack, do you think they are going to sell that telescope for anything LESS than $20? I don't think so. So your answer is yes, it will be worth it. And if you are a reseller, that telescope is going to fetch you a lot more than $20 in a couple of years.

Maybe, maybe not. The value of the overall figure may not be increased much, if any.

The way DX figures are shooting up in price these days, down the road there may not be be much difference in ebay price between a DX Sparrow with scope, and a DX Sparrow without it. When people are already forced to pay $400 or $500 each, I don't figure they're going to want to pay a premium for a telescope.

I ordered from BBTS. Price was good. If I get the scope, good. If not, I'll live. Probably wouldn't display it with the scope anyway.

SnakeDoc

Have you seen how much the EX DX Bruce Lee is going for? Sure it creates a full seperate figure, but an EX item will always fetch more than a regular.

I sold that stupid P1 exclusive mask for $100, so there are people who'll drop some cash on these things. I try to get exclusives in case down the road I fall on hard times and have to sell some stuff, then I can get more if it comes to that. Not a turn around thing, just more of an insurance policy.

I just heard about this exclusive telescope accessory for the U.S. and Japanese markets via Hot Toys announcement on Facebook. So is there going to be a separate exclusive version or is the telescope going to included with the standard release for the aforementioned exclusive markets? I was thinking about pre-ordering from Alter Ego.

Yeah, people are getting crazy over this collectibles, but I guess if they were not able to get it at regular price, I guess they rather pay a lot now than a lot more later.

We still don't know that for sure yet. Ordering from Sideshow right now is the only 100% guarantee of getting the telescope. We still need confirmation of whether it is a store exclusive (ie Toy Hunters/Sideshow) or if it is just a geographic exclusive (ie all of the Jacks distributed through Sideshow will have the telescope). I'm leaning to this more being a store exclusive than geographical has HT hasn't done something like this before.

:dunno
The DX06 listing at Alterego says "long telescope" - is that not a guarantee?

Back