Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics look great but I find his head looks so small compared to his hands that it's distracting me. Is it less apparent in hand?

It is less apparent in hand - not sure why that is, maybe because the hair is so big. The boots are a little large but actually all that does is make the figure look a little stylised and cartoony on the shelf - and IMO that doesn't detract from it's impact, he's such a cartoony character anyway.

IMG_6926.jpg

SUCH an awesome pic! :rock

Yep, great pics, Cavlcade!! :rock

Loving the look the barrel adds, too! :rock I might have to track one down...

I should have him by Wednesday!!! :yess::yess:

Where'd you get that barrel?

Hehe, I thought that question would be asked. It's a cheap seaside souvenir barrel I picked up ages ago. I added the rope to it using piping cord and gave it a dirty wash.

where did you get that barrel???

This puts the Premium Format to shame.

I like the PF, wish I had it, but financially, and somewhat for space reasons, it came down to getting either this Jack figure or the PF, and while Jack wasn't even out, I anticipated a new Jack with OST and passed on the PF to be able to get the figure, and I don't even have it in hand yet but I'm quite happy with the decision, the figure looks great and being a figure, will offer more fun, plus I like the full coat and hat look, which the PF doesn't even have the option of.

Hehe, I thought that question would be asked. It's a cheap seaside souvenir barrel I picked up ages ago. I added the rope to it using piping cord and gave it a dirty wash.

Great improvise there Cavlcade. :wink1: Really adds some flavor to your display. Nice pics as well. :clap

Yeah I don't see how some can say the EB looks better. To me it's a no brainer who the winner is and HTs hit a home run with this. The likeness is dead on and the detail in the clothing is phenomenal.

Yeah I don't see how some can say the EB looks better. To me it's a no brainer who the winner is and HTs hit a home run with this. The likeness is dead on and the detail in the clothing is phenomenal.

Not to mention the cheaper price of the HT Jack ;)

EB/Medi was out of there mind to even think of charging collectors over $300 for that figure :cuckoo:

Yeah, the eb doesn't look THAT great and when I saw the PF, I didn't freak out and hit 'pre-order.' I saw HT and pre-ordered faster than I think I have ever ordered anything in my life.

At the prototype level, I actually thought EB might have a slight edge on HT with the portrait, but in final production pieces it's not even close. HT turned out far better than the proto and EB looks like it dropped off.

I just need some display cases to put him in! Can't find any in my neck of the woods, suggestion's???

Back