Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big is 1/8th scale? Like 7 inches? If those are around that, I may get those too if they're not too pricey.

How big is 1/8th scale? Like 7 inches? If those are around that, I may get those too if they're not too pricey.

I think 10 inches, because 1/12 is 6 inches, so I'd guess 1/11 would be 7, 1/10 would be 8, and so on.

Really an odd scale, since there is not much of a difference, in terms of the space it'd take up. Maybe they're working on beasts at this scale? Who knows?

My wallet just cried. I want Gambon Dumbledore (with the Fawkes set from Harris if it gets parted out) and Lucius and Dobby along with the others I have on order...

And I still haven't decided on Snape but I probably should...

The Time-Turner is one of my favorite Harry Potter artifacts, so I'm definitely in for that Harry and Hermione, but that said I hope Hermione's sculpt gets just a bit of tweaking. It looks good, but something about it looks off.

A lot of great looking figures inbound. I agree that the new Hermione sculpt needs a bit of tweaking. The first was phenomenal.

So tempted to get into this line...

A lot of great looking figures inbound. I agree that the new Hermione sculpt needs a bit of tweaking. The first was phenomenal.

So tempted to get into this line...

I know how you feel. I'm more of a casual fan. I own all the films and have a couple of the books and when Neca did figures a few years back, I had a few of them but that's it(unfortunately most were stolen. I only have Ginny and Mad Eyed Moody left when at one point, I had like 12 figures). I wasn't even planning on seeing Fantastic Beasts in theatres. Then Star Ace started doing these and at first I thought nothing of it. I saw an Harry. An Ron. Then Sirius Black. Then Mad Eye. And I started thinking, wow, they're going all in, huh? And I got excited. I've been rewatching all the films lately(I just finished Half Blood Prince day before yesterday), I'm about to order my first star ace figure(still trying to work out my finances to get it all set up before I pull the trigger but one of them will definitely be the next figure I order), and now I plan on seeing Fantastic Beasts in theatres. I'm becoming a bigger fan now then when the films were originally in theatres.

I've done it! I've ordered Severus Snape on a flexpay. I should have him sometime in September :) Ultimately I went with Snape first over Voldemort as he's my favorite character, he's only flexible for 2 payments instead of Voldemort's 3(which to me suggests he's selling slightly better and may sell out faster), it's possible I may only be able to do one of these for awhile and if that's the case I'd rater have my favorite dude. I still plan on getting Voldemort though. I think i'm gonna use the July code on him.

Are their any sites still carrying Harry, Ron, Hermione and Hagrid for a reasonable price?

Depends if you want them in their wizard robes or not. Seems like most places have casual Harry and Ron for about a hundred bucks and Hermione(both versions) seems to run like 120. I never see Harry and Ron in wizard robes for anything less than 150 though if you can still find them. Hagrid's prices seem to be all over the place but he and Hermione are both easy to get right now seemingly.

Just opened my Hagrid today. They nailed him! Absolutely stunning in person. I have zero issue with the hair or likeness. Its TOTALLY Hagrid. He's not the most articulated, but I never expected him to be. You can get most Hagrid appropriate poses out of him and that's all you really need. To have had him super articulated would have only driven up the price further. I wouldn't wait on him, I think he's close to selling out most places for retail. And on thing I wasn't expecting on Fang, he's anatomically correct :lol

Glad to see Lucius is coming soon! I've love to see him at SDCC with a fully painted Dobby. I wonder if that means we'll get a Chamber of Secrets version or if they'll just include Dobby with a Deatheater version. I'm happy either way, but I'd think a Deatheater version with a separate mask head might display better with Bellatrix and Voldemort. I'm guessing he'll have rooted hair too, which should turn out fine if they can get the hairline right. Without his hair being curly like Hagrid or Hermione and not having a hat like Dumbledore, that hairline will be very visible.

Who has the best deal on Hagrid price wise? I was gonna skip him as I'm not a huge Hagrid fan but all these raves about the figure here combined with me rewatching the films lately has made me reconsider getting him.

I got mine off eBay for $360 shipped I think. I think anywhere at retail is still going to end up being a good deal when he's all sold out - probably by next month!

I got mine off eBay for $360 shipped I think. I think anywhere at retail is still going to end up being a good deal when he's all sold out - probably by next month!

:gah: Don't say that. Stressed enough on this as it is.:lol

Back