Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to pass on all of the first year casual kids, as well as OotP Sirius. I'm debating Quidditch Harry and Draco. Harry looks great, but Draco looks awful. And I don't want one without the other.

You could always get the uniform version of Draco, if he looks better to you. :)

I'm curious why quite a few people seem to prefer Azkaban Sirius over OotP Sirius. The look is more unique? Book/movie preference? For me it's too scene specific.

I guess the look being more unique helps. Personally I think the suit look is classy but he does look cool in those torn robes.

I picked up Snape at a very good price and received it today. I must say that my first impression was positive and it's an okay likeness if you don't stand it next to the Medicom.

What really does impress me with SA is the bodies they use - they're so heavy and sturdy. They feel good quality.

Yeah. It's what also impressed me with the young/child bodies they developed - solid.

I like the fact that all the joints are tight too - reassuring when posing etc.

The clothes look good too and I'm glad they did away with the purple. I'll probably put my medi Snape HS on this figure.

The moment I got Year 1 Harry out of the box I knew I wouldn't have to worry with a stand. They're that good. :lol

Glad to hear you're positive on Snape. :)

Being perfectly honest, I had no intention of getting him. I have all SA's other figures apart from Causal Hermione and Hagrid.

I just thought Snape looked ****, and I have my Medicom version. But, I must say (and the ridiculously cheap price helped) he looks better in hand. The likeness is still way off though. What made me smile is that they have a couple of portraits of Snape/Alan Rickman on the box and holding the HS next to them. . . . hmm.

The Medicom Snape headsculpt is far superior looking, in my opinion. Which is strange, given that it's Medicom. :lol

I like the character of Snape, but he's the figure I'm least excited about receiving. I think that the sculpts for the other released figures have been much more accurate to the actor/actress, or, as is the case with Hermione, spot on.

But, seriously, when are we getting McGonaGall?

That's the beauty of HP - everyone has different favourite characters.

I'd really like to see Bellatrix, but I refuse to get excited about her in case they completely screw up the HS, like some of the others.

McGonagall sculpt will have to be perfect. If it's slightly off, it won't look like Maggie Smith.

After telling myself I was happy with just Harry, Ron & Hermione in robes ...

In the last 2 weeks, I've purchased Snape, Moody, and OOTP Sirius, and I have Hagrid Deluxe and Dumbledore Deluxe scheduled to come late next week from BBTS! :slap

I just bit the bullet and ordered deluxe versions of Hagrid and Dumbledore from Timewalker Toys. Seeing Hagrid start to dry up in a few places lit a fire under my ass.

I'm most anticipating Bellatrix (Voldemort needs a playmate), Dobby, and McGonagall. I'd also love to see them release some diorama/environment/creature type stuff, but I won't hold my breath lol.

I think we'll continue to see creatures as pack-ins with deluxe figures (ie Dobby with Deluxe Lucius Malfoy). We could possibly see separate creatures from the new movie though as they're obviously the selling point for that movie. Newt will likely come with some, but some larger separate ones might be a possibility. I know in the podcast they said creatures we're really in their license agreement as separate releases, but neither was the new movie at that time either I think. So hopefully they've worked creature releases into the new contract. Just stay away from giant spiders. Give me dragons, three headed dogs, trolls, hippogriffs, and dementors a plenty, but no spiders :lol

I'm not really sure what environments/dioramas they could do though. The mirror of Erised comes to mind. Great hall tables? The pensive? I'm not really sure what things would be small enough to do, but iconic/important enough to warrant a release. Quidditch hoops for those figures? I can think of plenty large accessories that could be made, but not many diorama pieces that would be doable and desirable.

I would like to see the Horcruxes and Deathly Hallows get releases with figures too. We got the wand, but nothing else yet - unless you could the invisibility cloak being invisible nothing :lol

I think Asmus' build an orc idea is kind of cool. That could maybe be an option. Build a Death Eater perhaps? Collect a certain amount of figures that come with a few extra pieces to complete a Death Eater? I know they've said generic or background characters aren't really possible due to the figures' expense and salability but if you cost out some of those kind of characters as accessories they might be possible to do. A mask with one figure, a robe with another, wands with another, etc, etc. Its a great marketing gimmick for 6" figures but hasn't come to fruition in 1:6 scale yet - Asmus is still a WIP on that.

I'm glad they're packing in creatures we otherwise wouldn't get with the deluxe releases. Happy to get as many characters/creatures as possible form this line.

I see what you mean about dioramas. I may have to look for some 1/6 furniture and build my own.

If they release a Dementor I may change my mind about Azkaban Sirius.

After watching all the films recently, I've decided I may want two versions of harry, ron, and Hermione. I want them in school robes from either Order of the Phoenix or Half Blood Prince and I want them in civilian clothes. Now, that's where my real quandary lies. I may not want to wait for "adult" versions from deathly hallows as we have no idea how long this line will last and how deep they'll go so I'd be willing to settle for the Prisoner of Azkaban ones...but without a Ron from that, not sure I want to do it. I mean, all signs have pointed to us not getting a Prisoner of Azkaban Ron, right?

I'd like to have those versions as well, darthkush. If we don't get Ron though, it kind of ruins it for me as well. Also, if we're not going to get another Ron, it seems highly unlikely we'll ever get characters like Neville or Ginny.

It seems to me, that if we only get a select few from the later movies, I'd rather stick with a year one collection, since it will be more complete. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come out with.

Back