Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I really want Hagrid. But so much coming my way this month I'm not sure it's wise to go for him. But I definitely don't want to pay more than retail for him.. What to do..

Hmmm...so it'd be like a highly detailed Mego figure then? Probably a pass unless they're really cheap(and by cheap, I mean 30-40 bucks).

No it will be like a reduced scale 1/6 figure. NECA puts out 8" figures for $40 and they look pretty bad.

Just opened my Hagrid today. They nailed him! Absolutely stunning in person. I have zero issue with the hair or likeness. Its TOTALLY Hagrid. He's not the most articulated, but I never expected him to be. You can get most Hagrid appropriate poses out of him and that's all you really need. To have had him super articulated would have only driven up the price further. I wouldn't wait on him, I think he's close to selling out most places for retail. And on thing I wasn't expecting on Fang, he's anatomically correct :lol

:exactly: :goodpost: To think I nearly cancelled this figure :thud:, so glad I didn't cos he's awesome!! Love the Fang accessory too. Definitely one of my favourite Star Ace Potter figures :rock

Plus he looks great when displayed with Harry and co....

View attachment 276420

Nice picture Baggins! They look excellent all together like that.

I guess I'm all in now. Ordered Harry & Ron from PopCultcha, Hermione from Amazon, and Voldemort, Sirius, and Snape from Sideshow with the free shipping offer they have going on.

Also pre-ordered Hagrid and Dumbledore from BBTS.

I guess I'm all in now. Ordered Harry & Ron from PopCultcha, Hermione from Amazon, and Voldemort, Sirius, and Snape from Sideshow with the free shipping offer they have going on.

wow, dude, all in a couple of days? I wish I could throw my dough around like that.:panic:

Man, Hermione dried up real fast! She was in stock at both Sideshow and BBTS last week! :google I hurried and order her off amazon too. Not the best deal just under retail, but she's certainly rising in price already!

Going to order Dumbledeluxe when a July coupon code happens and then I still need to figure out if I'm only going to pick up one or both Sirius. :lol

Damn!! VERY NICE. Knocking out the whole line at once. You'll be more than ready for everything else coming, lol. At least now you have time to recuperate before the rest go up.

Wow, Chronos, are you pretty much just doing Potter stuff right now? I mean, I see a lot of people buying stuff on this board but I'm not sure I've seen someone on this board buy so much stuff in such a short time span since I've been posting here.

Not exclusively, no. I have some miscellaneous Prime 1 statues, Premium Formats, and Hot Toys figures as well.

It's just nice to see a company put out so much for a single line. Usually we get 1-2 characters, unless it's a Marvel movie or Star Wars. I'm hoping we get more characters from the HP universe.

I don't know, I'm already eyeballing the Quidditch set of Harry and Draco. :lol

:lol :lol Well, they do look nice. I'm still trying to decide what all I want to do. I have the Sorcerers Stone trio in school uniforms and Voldemort. So I need Snape and probably Hagrid. Thinking about ordering the casual Hermione to stand next to Hagrid since he's too big for inside the detolf, and I really don't want to display the school uniform trio outside of it.

Ordered Snape from sideshow with the free shipping, and ordered Hagrid from BBTS. I'm pretty happy to finally order some new HP figs.

Thank you! :) I might be in deeper with this line than I originally planned too! I was only supposed to be getting Snape!! :lol :slap

I don't know, I'm already eyeballing the Quidditch set of Harry and Draco. :lol

:exactly: It's a great looking set. I'm determined to wait it out for an older Draco figure...but I am really liking the look of the quidditch Harry. So tempted to pre-order it!! :gah:

I currently have:

Voldemort
Harry year 1 (Robes)
Ron year 1 (Robes)
Hermione year 1 (Robes)
Snape
Sirius (Prisoner)
Moody
Harry (GoF)

I've decided to pass on all of the first year casual kids, as well as OotP Sirius. I'm debating Quidditch Harry and Draco. Harry looks great, but Draco looks awful. And I don't want one without the other.

I definitely want the Harris Dumbledore and Hagrid, but I'm totally broke right now. I'm really worried they're gonna be gone by the time I can afford them.

I definitely want Gambon Dumbledore. And Dobby is a no-brainer. I'll get Lucius as long as he looks good.

Last edited:
I'm curious why quite a few people seem to prefer Azkaban Sirius over OotP Sirius. The look is more unique? Book/movie preference? For me it's too scene specific.

I'm just thankful that the casual clothed characters don't come with any unique accessories or the collector in me wouldn't be able to pass on them. I'm on the fence on Goblet of Fire Harry (the nose throws off the sculpt, I think) and will most likely pass on Moody entirely unless Amazon discounts him down near $100 again.

Back