Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? I remember hearing that Sorceror's Stone Ron sold out pretty quick? Or was it that he sold out quick because they made less of him anyway?

So we're looking at POA Harry and Sorceror's stone Draco? Eh...pass. That Harry is okay but i'm waiting for Order of the Phoenix Harry I think. Any word on what teacher or villain they're doing next?

Yeah, they interviewed Star Ace in the Hottoycast podcast and they said Ron wasn't that great of a seller, but Hermione is one of their best sellers. So we'll likely see lots of Harry and Hermione variants but not as many Rons, which is a real pity. I'm less likely to buy some of the Harry and Hermione variants if a Ron isn't going to be made to go with them. You can justify just a Harry variant but if you throw Hermione into the mix, you've got to get a Ron at that point IMO. I can justify the PoA Harry and Hermione based on the Time Turner events, but that's a rare exception. Plus I've been struggling with deciding on which Sirius to get and with those PoA variants coming, it might just be both now!

I really want that Draco though! I passed on the Quidditch versions so he's still needed for my collection. As much fun as Quidditch is, its pretty low on my variants list due to it not being very important to the overall plots.

I do hope for some more new characters though. Nothing can kill a line faster than too many variants and not enough new items/characters!

Star Ace really needs to get better paint work done on the hands. You can really see how bad they are in the Malfoy pic.

That Azkaban Harry has a really great likeness though. The jacket material and color is a little bit off, though. It's going to be really hard to resist this one.

Yeah, they interviewed Star Ace in the Hottoycast podcast and they said Ron wasn't that great of a seller, but Hermione is one of their best sellers. So we'll likely see lots of Harry and Hermione variants but not as many Rons, which is a real pity. I'm less likely to buy some of the Harry and Hermione variants if a Ron isn't going to be made to go with them. You can justify just a Harry variant but if you throw Hermione into the mix, you've got to get a Ron at that point IMO. I can justify the PoA Harry and Hermione based on the Time Turner events, but that's a rare exception. Plus I've been struggling with deciding on which Sirius to get and with those PoA variants coming, it might just be both now!

Maybe they'll just do the same thing again and make less Rons than Harrys and Hermiones. :dunno

I remember hearing that Ron didn't sell as well but they still bothered to make a casual version of him, so I wouldn't rule out a POA version just yet. :)

I really want that Draco though! I passed on the Quidditch versions so he's still needed for my collection. As much fun as Quidditch is, its pretty low on my variants list due to it not being very important to the overall plots.

I do hope for some more new characters though. Nothing can kill a line faster than too many variants and not enough new items/characters!

Listened to that podcast late last night. Very informative. Just from listening I think you're very right about Ron. Also for those hoping for more Weasely's we're probably out of luck, other than Ginny. The hosts asked specifically about Ginny, Luna, Neville, Fred and George and he pretty much said no to fred and George. He didn't say anything about Luna, Neville or Ginny which makes me think they have a chance to at least get one figure a piece. On a much happier note, they mentioned that Belltrix Lestrange is one of their most requested characters and although she won't be out this year, they said they are planning her for next year. As she's one of my most wanted figures, I'm definitely making room for her in the figure budget for 2017.

121936xezqw6aeaawzazjz.jpg.thumb.jpg

121910bxeaaxa7xdgngndx.jpg.thumb.jpg

121929pkib96t9irr9iir5.jpg.thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bombardment! :lol Please don't quote this post... Most of the older stuff is in spoiler tags to keep the thread readable.

These are all the pics that were on OSW.

Their set up:

121756xdid09sysxsxd4yz.jpg.thumb.jpg121757sksjjrvas4v5kkl5.jpg.thumb.jpg

Didn't know quite where else to put this, the thread's been dead for ages. :lol

121853p4m050b54b5b33mo.jpg.thumb.jpg

GOF Harry:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Hermione

Spoiler Spoiler:

POA Hermione

121910bxeaaxa7xdgngndx.jpg.thumb.jpg121912u1bane1ekn1aj209.jpg.thumb.jpg121915r6rny2k42v6rrl5v.jpg.thumb.jpg

POA Harry

121917s62nb3qnhgga6023.jpg.thumb.jpg121919qc7mx0mmg0h4mvnh.jpg.thumb.jpg121921si02oaid2y30df23.jpg.thumb.jpg121923o7gxpjl1s0fukn1l.jpg.thumb.jpg

Gambon Dumbledore

121925z9fnfpcn7pitrcex.jpg.thumb.jpg121927h8jm49g9ueb439ce.jpg.thumb.jpg121929pkib96t9irr9iir5.jpg.thumb.jpg

Harris Dumbledore

Spoiler Spoiler:

1/8 scale Harry & Voldemort

121933x1qmhf1v2rnzy1hv.jpg.thumb.jpg121934q81newwu23ee6y2u.jpg.thumb.jpg

Quidditch

Spoiler Spoiler:

121936xezqw6aeaawzazjz.jpg.thumb.jpg121937utk0jomah2xawoh1.jpg.thumb.jpg

Hagrid

Spoiler Spoiler:

Casual H&H

Spoiler Spoiler:

Malfoy!

121957o6ykhbeakzmb0zy6.jpg.thumb.jpg122005gcr7uxuiz7r17cfu.jpg.thumb.jpg

Casual Ron
Spoiler Spoiler:

That Harris Dumbledore has grown on me.

Gambon looks good. Perhaps too many wrinkles, IMO, but I really like the lectern! That can be tweaked to look great.

Don't like POA Harry but I want that Monsters book!

Hermione :slap

Great pictures :clap

Thanks for the post, Cmiller99!

My thoughts echo yours, but I'll put in a good word for Crookshanks.

I must say I really like how Gambon has turned out so far. :clap The candles look clear, so they're either not finished or maybe they'll put in a light up function? :pray:

Odd that they're going to make 1/8 figures. I wonder if the market's really there.

The absence of Yule Ball Hermione is a bit curious.

I'm not surprised that Dobby's card teases "Lucius and Dobby", considering the appearance that both Tom Felton and Jason Isaacs made at a recent Star Ace show. I guess that might mean that Dobby will be an accessory to Lucius. I wonder how much articulation he'll have... it'd be difficult to pull off. What we have so far seems to be static but that's a pose I'd be happy with.

You're welcome. :duff

I expect Dobby might be just basic articulation like plastic figures. I wouldn't be bothered if he was just static/statue. He doesn't have or need a huge range of poses.

That Gambon looks off, but I really want that one.

Here's the real Lectern from my iPhone:

IMG_1709.JPG

I have a lot of reference pictures of it. I'm ready to modify the SA one.

The candles on the Star Ace lectern look a bit unfinished. Hopefully they will have a bit more detail but the rest of it looks fine to me. :)

Dumbledore himself looks a bit old, more Half-Blood Prince than Prisoner of Azkaban. No movie is specified on the card so it'll be interesting to see which one it's based off.

Liking the Dobby and Gambon Dumbledore figures! :rock

Not too keen on that Hermione one though at all! :slap

Thanks for sharing the pics! :)

I think they need to go with sculpted hair on Hermione figures after Chamber of Secrets. After that it's not bush enough to hide how poorly rooted hair can look most of the time.

Also, the head sculpt looks a little older than Prisoner of Azkaban to me. Looks a little more like Order of the Phoenix - Deathly Hallows. The jackets on Harry and Hermione also need some tweaking.

The Gambon Dumbledoore looks better than an early photo I saw of it last night. Now I really have to think about which Dumbledoore I get, this or the Harris one. I can't really afford to have two. I'm over the moon that we're getting Luscious. I really want that figure and character and Dobby is a great bonus.

Back