Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: does the EB body accepts HT's boots?
No, it doesn't. Jack comes with an Medicom body with lone ankle extensions, enterbay hands and rubber chest. You can remove the ankle ext. and replace them with HT ankle extensions that you find or modify yourself.
If you purchase an enterbay body separately, you have the same ankle problem AND the body is too small. I really with they would have scaled the head down. For more scale questions/bodies you can look here: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106926

I already have the HT Jack from the day he was available in HK, and today i took the plunge and got this EB Sparrow, for 260$ shipping included! Can't wait to get it, i really really like this headsculpt, i wanna make myself a "best of" Sparrow, with bits and pieces from both :D

This is my attempt at mashing the two together -

In terms of parts, it's the HT body with the 'chest skin' from the Medi.
HT boots, trousers, vest, belts and guns. Sword belt is Neca. Shirt is Medi as are the head, hands and compass. Like it this way becuase I can simply swap heads over whenever I feel like it rather than having two figures of the same character. I prefer to have one ultimate fig rather than two ok ones.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Hey Jokes, head looks good on the ht body, doesn't seem to be any proportion issues. And if you add the overcoat too, i think it would really be ok. Is the neck adaptor the same?

Cheers guys - the Neca fig was from Dead Man's Chest but it's the same belt as On stranger Tides so it worked perfectly. I haven't tried him with the coat on yet so that will be the next thing I do. The neck adapter on the Medi head is a ball joint which is slightly too small for the HT body but it still fits and allows a full range of movement.

Finally got him! I love it! Sculpt looks great great great, very realistic! So is the hat and some of the costume! So are the hands, in scale :)

Some very quick pics, before modifications :D

vN56w.jpg

J95OK.jpg

vLYKT.jpg

When combined with some of the HT items, like the coat it wins hands down. I love mine as well. I actually picked up a second to create a hybrid version. The paint app is just incredible.

Nice pics viezure! I love the texture/fabric of this coat. It also looks have a more accurate liner compared to HT's silky orange-ish liner.

When combined with some of the HT items, like the coat it wins hands down. I love mine as well. I actually picked up a second to create a hybrid version. The paint app is just incredible.

You've had one and haven't taken pics to show us!!! :panic: :nono

Cheers guys - the Neca fig was from Dead Man's Chest but it's the same belt as On stranger Tides so it worked perfectly.
Hmm. That's funny and odd. Weird that NECA's baldric would have the embossed patterned that is on the OST one. It's like they knew a head before the film was even made!! :panic:

Awesome pics Viezure!
Seeing them side by side, The EB sculpts looks just more realistic, love the paintjob and it favors Depp more.

You've had one and haven't taken pics to show us!!! :panic: :nono

Haven't had the time mate. And I have stopped posting pics for a while. But I was very impressed when I got it. Only the recent pics on here do it any justice. Mixed with some of the HT gear it looks astounding.
Win for EB on this one.

Haha I'm just messing with ya buddy. :)

Glad to hear you like him. I might just have to see if I can squeeze him into the bugdet once I start my new job

I've always loved the sculpt of Enterbay's Sparrow. Was gutted when I first found out how expensive it was. Was pretty lucky to score one recently for a really great price. Combined with HT, it makes a great combo.

The good stuff: (pretty much reiterate what member Jokes and Bats have mentioned)
The paintjob is excellent right down to the lips. Excellent excellent paintjob, love the skin color. I also love the facial structure. Very close to Johnny Depp.
The cloth bandana also gives it a more realistic look. I am currently waiting on a RAH Sparrow trenchcoat so I plan to display him with the hat on, but I'm almost tempted to keep it like it is cause I dont want to cover the bandana. I dont like the trenchcoat without the hat look so if I do use the coat, the hat has to be used.
The hat is sweet...much much better than HT's. Has a weathered look to it also and much better material than the cheap paperlike material HT used.

The shirt is great. It has a large chest opening which leads to one of the best feature of EB sparrow...The rubber chest.
One of the minor nitpicks I have with the HT (emphasis on nitpick cause HT Sparrow is still one of HT's best...if not, The best figure) is the plasticky chest. You want to show it more much like the movie, but it gives off a sheen hard plasticky look. Eb provided a tight rubber turtle neck tanktop that goes over the body so when covered with the shirt, it gives off a more fleshy look.

The hands are great, proportions and the gesture is cool.
The 2 cups are cool.
Lastly, the sash is magnificent, very worn, drapes naturally.

Everything else...trash.
The talking feature is just a gimmick. The rest of the clothes are too cheap looking.
Overall, I'm extremely happy with the Enterbay/HT combo. Its the Ultimate Unison (sorry Medicom)

sparrow2EEE.jpg

Last edited:
Damn you got one now too Remy!! :panic: i'll probably have to wait until the next pay before I can think about throwing down the $$$ for this.

Thanks for your review though. I didn't know how well the shirt was made. Good to hear.

Also, your pic isn't showing up for me :(

Ooops sorry about the pics, hope it works now. I moved it and I think it lost the link, but I just now relinked it so hopefully it works now.
Yeah, I've been wanting one for awhile now Gipetto, I really like it a lot.

seeing the sculpt and the rubber (flesh look) of the chest, my opinion, I think they were really aiming for a masterpiece. Cause they could have gone with just a sculpted neck. But the fact that they actually made a rubber chest, I think initially, they were aiming really big. The hat, the hands, the shirt, they are all topnotch.

Seems to me, they probably ended up focusing a lot of attention on those details, then end up having a race with HT, and probably running out of time, resources...everything else came short.

Yep I can see it now :yess:

Great pics man! :rock

Yea I'd have to agree with you on all points. I do knwk that when I finally get this though, I'm going to love the talking feature :lol I know most don't but I'll get a kick out of it haha

The rubber neck/chest definitely adds to the realism man.

Did you do like JB, and put him on a HT Sparrow body too or is that they stock body?

not gonna lie, I did kept playing the talking feature over and over while checking out the figure. :lol

Like J&B, I also used HT body, basically used his recipe since his came out great.
So, special thanks for Jokes and Bats again for helping me out when I asked for his help...I appreciate the input buddy.

Last edited:
Back