Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it squishy and hollow? Then it's vinyl. Otherwise I think you're sol.

4590628466_7c2722ac2d_b.jpg

Skirt's more or less done here. It's hard to tell but the underskirt is made from black velvet. The stuff just absorbs light. I want to do a little weathering on the skirt and belt, nothing overboard, just something subtle but am unsure of exactly what/how yet. The belt I also want to do some additional tweaking on, mostly on the leather straps that hang down and also wrap around the main leather girdle section.

I based the skirt and belt loosely on this original concept artwork:
Assajj_concept-art.jpg

I'm also planning on making some bracers from leather to replace the sideshow ones, I'd also like to replace the gorget but am unsure of what to do, maybe leather as well? Head is still unpainted but think it's finally dry. Will paint soon. Will be a fairly simple paint job with white skin, charcoal around the eyes (fixed with dull coat), black lips, and maybe some painting on the face like I mocked up above.

It really bugs me that her shoulders are exposed, if only I could find a white Triad suit. Trying to figure out a way of getting the wrappings to extend over the shoulder. Simple wrapping around the shoulder is a no-go as you end up with a big wad of fabric in the armpit and then she's like Randy in the snow suit in A Christmas Story.

This is just a first go at it and the wrappings aren't the best. Hopefully I can get it to look a bit cleaner.

asajj-wrap-test.png

Also, the head is pretty much fully shrunk now so I took a comparison pic with the original un-shrunk head.

asajj-head-shrinking.png

As I think I mentioned I am not too happy with the belt. It was an attempt to salvage a scrapped idea and it kinda worked but not really. So I'm going to try something else. The skiver leather is the same thin, fine, dark leather used for the belt I already made, the leather cord is the same leather used for the straps on the belt. The lacing is going to be leather lacing I have, hopefully I have enough.

asajjskirt-new.png

MAn I love what u r doing with Ventress... I think the figure is very cool but you have taken it to another level!!!

As soon as I can I will be trying to follow in your footsteps..

Brilliant work.

It's a lot of trial and error. I have no experience or training in making clothing, scale or otherwise.

LOL join the club. But seriously dedguy. I love the wrappings and body swap.. darn you for making her sooo good I was pretty happy as she was.

May I pm you and pick your brains when I do mine???

Someone one another forum requested brighter pics of the skirt. I take bracketed photos pretty much always so I had a much lighter version of one of the previous photos. Even with the white of the bandages being blown out (and they're more of a dull grey) the skirt is still pretty dark, especially the velvet. I plan on doing some subtle weathering to bring out the fabric a bit and to also dull down the slight shininess of the ribbon.

lighter-skirt.png

Awesome work.
But other than the (shrunk) HS, the sabers and the boots there's not much left of the original.
I was thinking about buying the figure to customize, but it seems easier to buy loose parts (if they were readily available...).

I think that represents the character much better....Lots more detail!

Nice work!

abake: what I'm aiming for is having everything replaced so that I can have both my custom version and something similar to the original since I'm not willing to buy another at like $60 just for parts.

Okay, so here's the new belt. This is actually the third attempt... or forth. The first belt I showed pictures of was actually the first belt but further modified and changed quiet a bit. I never took photos of the original first belt or the second. Anyway, I think I'm happy with this one. I wish I could work a little bit more precisely, especially for these close ups but to my eye in person I'm happy with it.

4594634652_3805a2567d_b.jpg

Here's a detail of the corset-style lacing at the back.

4594636476_4ca882dce6_b.jpg

I was hoping to paint the head this weekend but the belt took way more time than I expected. Oh and points for anyone who can tell what the belt buckle is from.

Back