Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really only three things.

- I shaved down the inner theighs with a dremel so that her legs could cross. I have seen this done on BBI Perfect Bodies and figured I'd try it on Asajj.

- I added little sculpted shoulder pieces that are not glued down, but held in place by the tight costume to give her a bit more athletic looking build.

- I added a cape I ordered from... I forget the dude, he does a lot of Star Wars capes, cloaks, and robes he sells on ebay.

Now, Like I said, I'm trying to figure out how to improve shoulder articulation. I also actually tried putting her on a Medicom 301 like Adam Hughes did, but for my tastes, the body is too bulky. I like Asajj tall and thin and the SS body is good for that.

- I added a cape I ordered from... I forget the dude, he does a lot of Star Wars capes, cloaks, and robes he sells on ebay.

He's in Turkey right? I have one of those on mine too.

Do you have a picture of the shoulder pieces you used? That's always bugged me too.

I need to make new ones, the old ones are asymetrical and made from regular sculpy so they're crumbling. When I make new ones this weekend I will take pics of the process.

I modded the shoulders now to. The female Buck body isn't perfect, but I actually think it's not much worse than the BBI PB (and in some ways better) and with these mods I'm very happy with it. You can see, the right arm, as close as it can get to the body isn't exactly hanging natural. The modified left arm hangs much better I think.
2576241809_02d44a4269.jpg

2577072446_a4819b90a6.jpg

You can see where I shaved it out with a scalpel.
2576242809_685b8b4d48.jpg

I also decided to redo the floating shoulder pieces that get rid of that sloped shoulder look the figure has stock (see some of these pics). I did this before but the old ones where just a proof of concept and were made of regular sculpy (and crumbling) as well as being asymmetrical.
2576243305_10c0607cfd.jpg

2577073916_e9652eda18.jpg

Here you can see the culmination of the modifications made. Her legs can cross over each other, her arms can hang naturally at her sides and her shoulders are no longer sloped.
2576244489_74c70e4642.jpg

2577075180_2e85b9e8fe.jpg

2576245641_2b4347384b.jpg

If ya want bigger pics you can check them out here by clicking on any of the photos and clicking on "all sizes".
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dedguy/

She looks fantastic. Thanks for showing how.

I don't like to modify my figures, but those shoulders look really good. Does it limit range of motion?

great poses, guys. this is one of my favorite figures. i love female figures. dont know why but i do. this one is so fun to pose. im thinking about having somebody repaint one of her heads to make it look more "human" i guess, and not so cartoony. dont know which one i should have painted, though.

With Asajj on her way, I was looking at my Sith Shelf and I think I need an upgrade. After playing with some Indy backgrounds I got thinking how cool it would be to have a shelf with the ruins of Korriban to pose my Sith figures on. I gotta work on that.

Currently the only Sith figure out there I want is Count Dooku. I keep looking to buy a Hasbro figure and upgrade everything but the head and lightsaber. So far the only uniform that looks like it would work is the uniform from Praji... and I really don't want to pay $60 just for a jacket.

I have thought about maybe trying to get an Palpatine, but I just don't really care enough about the way he looks to even try. So currently my Sith shelf is just Asajj, Maul, and the sith eyed Anakin.

I'd buy it if she were part of the movie saga series, but since she's from the animated stuff I don't really bother with that.

Very cool figure though! It would just really be out of place with all my other Star Wars stuff unfortunately.

I'd buy it if she were part of the movie saga series, but since she's from the animated stuff I don't really bother with that.

Very cool figure though! It would just really be out of place with all my other Star Wars stuff unfortunately.

Would Ventress be considered a movie character now that she's appearing in the new Clone Wars flick? There's your excuse to buy her. Then get Clone Wars Obi-Wan to keep her company.

I know where your coming from though, but she is totally worth it.

Back