Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also cancel Vader for wolvie, but thats cause i'm not all really concerned about the ex.

(both are top priority)

I may have to cancel Vader because I barely have any money...

But that's really worst case scenario...

Nothing will get in the way of Vader... and while the exclusive is not a "must have" its still cool enough that I don't want to lose it.

I wish. :(

I have been squirelling away a little bit every month in an evelope marked "Vader" since I ordered him. Thats whay I am trying to do with all my preorders now. :)

Wow, I'd never dream of giving Vader the axe. Everyone has different collecting priorities though. SW is my no. 1. Of course it seems pretty likley that Vader can be nabbed cheaper on the secondary market post release.

:confused: :(

You are not worthy of wearing that Red Sox hat.

:rotfl

If you cancel Vader, Jerry Remy will cry. Then, you're dead bub.

The main reason I wanted Vader was to display him with ROTJ Luke. If Sideshow is going to make a specific Jedi Vader later, down the road, then I'd rather wait for that one.

You should keep him and get Ben Kenobi too. Ben is one of the best 12" figures ever.

I just canceled mine. I would rather put that money towards Hot Toys' Wolverine.

untill hot toys has problems with jackman's likeness and we end up getting something like Kane. :lol

Meh, just my opinion mate, NEVER plan on buying ANYTHING that you have not seen. Cause you never know.

As for me.. I THINK I can swing the 40$ I need for Vader, so I think I'm good ::D

Can anyone here tell me where I can get a nice Darth Vader bodysuit for a good price? I really just want pants for my Cade Skywalker. Thanks. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

So what do ya think the probability of this having loose joints are? It kept me off of clonobi and the stormie, and i have no interest in the Orange clone and that is loose as well. This is the only SW figure i have on order, and it will be canceled if reports of loose joints come in.(no matter how awesome otherwise, i just can't support that when it should be taken care of by now) I'm waiting for someone to say 'they delayed Vader so their probably working on it' and i would hope that is correct. But i can totally see SS shipping it loose despite the importance of this figures release.

... i hate to say it, but as it's a totaly new body by sideshow, I'm gonna say 50/50 Krayt. If it is, I'm going to Buy a pred body off the bay and swap him. simple as that. No muss, no fuss, I might even MAIL the loose body BACK to sideshow with a letter asking them why? Perhaps with a picture of a sad kitten. like so
cute-sad-kitten06.jpg

or perhaps

cute-sad-kitten.jpg

or even

2008_01_23t113101_450x349_us_kitten.jpg

But for right now, this is me to sideshow about Vader
funny-pictures-kitten-heart-breaking-promise.jpg

I guess my definition of loose and others is different cause I've not gotten a new body yet that couldn't hold a pose.

The new bodies so far have had their issues with the joints. With 2 Clonobis I got one mediocre and one decent as far as the joints, but even the best one has limits.

Thing I find with the looseness is can it hold poses, yes, I haven't had one that couldn't yet either, but, what kind, how many and for how long has been the problem.

With Indy and Clonobi and the Hobbits, some of the more interesting, dynamic, but also reasonable, poses I've come up with for photos, I've either had to play beat the clock to snap them before tumbling over, of come up with some support method and use camera angles to hide it.

None of the new bodies, at least as far as the few figures I own on them (don't have Belloq, Toht or Snake Eyes), have been to a level where they're strong enough to offer pose variety and stability. Other figure bodies do, so I keep the faith that these bodies will get there too, but they aren't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back