Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm not going for crazy enough poses but I seriously have had no problems doing with them as I want.

I've had poses where I couldn't even get clonobi to keep his arm up with his lightsaber in hand.

The new bodies have all been looser than the should be... some joints have been down right terrible, others just a bit weak.

While in general I like the pro and new armor body they just don't feel as solid as a TrueType or even the Buck. I hope it gets sorted out for Vader... but honestly at this point I'm expecting problems.

As much as body issues may dissappoint, if the costuming and helmet all look as nice as the prototype or better, then I know I'll be able to ignore the body a bit.

So far, all my figures on the new bodies have been characters where the posability has been a big factor in enjoying the figure. Clonobi is nice looking, but to pose him in dynamic battle poses really brings it all together.

With Vader, to finally have a 1/6 scaled version that looks so damn close to what was seen on screen will be so nice, unless he's a complete floppy mess, I'll be happy just having him look so sharp. Medi-Vader is sturdy, but the helmet issues hurt the enjoyment of him. I love the look of Vader's helmet and to me, getting that right is the most important thing with a Vader figure and getting that really well done would make it easier to look past other things.

I've had poses where I couldn't even get clonobi to keep his arm up with his lightsaber in hand.

The new bodies have all been looser than the should be... some joints have been down right terrible, others just a bit weak.

While in general I like the pro and new armor body they just don't feel as solid as a TrueType or even the Buck. I hope it gets sorted out for Vader... but honestly at this point I'm expecting problems.

Guess I've just been lucky. The worse body I've gotten honestly was my one with GTG his arm was loose to where I can't go with most generic poses but I did find a simple one that looks fine. So I don't think its something that is just an issue with the Pro but any body can have.

For me its been 50/50 One of my troopers is fine and stands on his own the other one has the ankle problems everyone is talking about. Won't stand on its own to save my life. However, even the tightest joint HT figure will never be posed without a stand so for me its not as big an issue... at least where it concerns the ankles.

I hope it gets sorted out for Vader... but honestly at this point I'm expecting problems.

I find this statement depressing. We really shouldn't be expecting problems at all. I also agree that if everything else is top notch i may be able to look past the body issue a bit. But like i said before, many people are not going to especially since this is VADER. If you think the whining has been intense in the past just wait. And honestly i would not be able to blame them. But this is all speculation at this point, i hope everything is just fine & dandy!!

The biggest concern with the body, if it's loose, is the weight of his head, depending on the density of the helmet, it may make the body want to go forward or backward easily without enough body support.

I was meaning to ask if Vader's head would be solid or hollow like the trooper helmet in chat this week. Oh well.

I guess my definition of loose and others is different cause I've not gotten a new body yet that couldn't hold a pose.

You are very fortunate, Josh. My Storm Trooper can't hold his rifle up without the arms flopping down (at the shoulders), the ankles twirl like propellors and the knees bend too easily, not able to keep the figure standing up without the stand. (I personally don't like to wrap the stand's "ring" around the waist.)

The biggest concern with the body, if it's loose, is the weight of his head, depending on the density of the helmet, it may make the body want to go forward or backward easily without enough body support.

Good point. A top-heavy Vader with a loose body is going to be a world class shelf diver, no doubt. Luckily in my case, he'll be in a Detolf and the dive will be limited to the glass shelf only. (My Stormie is currently the record holder...)

I know it won't be the same body but, I just got Toht the other day and the body is really tight! I haven't gotten any "rag doll" bodies fortunately. My Stormtrooper and Indy can hold a pose just fine, but Toht is definitely tighter than either of them. Hopefully this is some indication that SS has finally worked out the looseness issues. I certainly don't want a floppy Vader!

You are very fortunate, Josh. My Storm Trooper can't hold his rifle up without the arms flopping down (at the shoulders), the ankles twirl like propellors and the knees bend too easily, not able to keep the figure standing up without the stand. (I personally don't like to wrap the stand's "ring" around the waist.)

I must be. If I had a figure that was as loose as what some have said I wouldn't keep it at all. Though I admit I use the stands they come with.

I must be. If I had a figure that was as loose as what some have said I wouldn't keep it at all. Though I admit I use the stands they come with.

The trouble is it's a gamble, it seems more often than not to have these issues. You could return it and get one even worse. Your best option is keeping what you've got.

The trouble is it's a gamble, it seems more often than not to have these issues. You could return it and get one even worse. Your best option is keeping what you've got.

I will take your word for it as far as the gamble. I hope my luck stays true then cause I like the way the new bodies work.

The CC figure I just got seems to have the best body yet... still not quite as sturdy feeling as the TrueType, but getting there.

I'm glad that Sideshow is fixing the looseness issues with their bodies. My Stormtrooper is pretty tight, but unless I have the prongs of my Indy's stand around his mid-chest he'll flop forward. I do hope that they make extra sure that Vader is perfect and that the debut of his new body is nice and tight.

It certainly is just that...one of my troopers could hold a pose (still looser than any TT i've had) and one was as conditioned as a marionette puppet:monkey2

And my Clone obi was as loose as a South Side trick:rolleyes: So out of the three armored bodies I've got, only one I would consider good right out the box.

Hopefully in time these will become as tight as some of the bucks were.

Oh yeah, forgot about the hobbits, they were both ok but definately looser than I would prefer. They could hold a pose though.

FYI, Vader was delayed until July. I changed my order to flex pay and was charged the first part the 10th of this month, and today I got this:

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Darth Vader - Episode IV 12-inch Figure (item #2129 or #21291) from our Star Wars collection. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

This item is now expected to arrive into our warehouse in July 2009. Your 1st payment has already been charged on May 10, and your final payment was scheduled for June 10th. However, your final payment of $62.49, plus freight and any applicable sales tax or VAT, will now be charged on July 10, 2009. Please anticipate shipment of your order approximately 7 to 10 business days after your final payment has been processed. Please note that if your payment schedule differs from the one mentioned above, please disregard this email, as your payments will be charged on the schedule that applies to your specific order and NOT the new schedule noted below.

NEW DATE FOR LAST PAYMENT!
Item: Darth Vader - Episode IV 12-inch Figure (item #2129 or #21291)

PAID - May 10, 2009 - $62.50
NEW DATE - July 10, 2009 - $62.49 PLUS
shipping costs and any applicable taxes/VAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back