Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

I am pretty sure it was the license announcement,where JC Hong i think it was from HT talked about Stallone and how big inspiration he has been for people all around the world.

It is a no brainer, I mean DUH! :cuckoo: My money says they're waiting to see how well Barney Ross sells.

I'm thinking/hoping it's been a number of factors, most especially, the body. Since 2008, HT's been ramping up their quality and really gotten into custom bodies and things to do figures right, the old Rambo bodies weren't even the right physique for those Rambos (2 and 3 are a little skinnier than they ought to be), but they especially wouldn't work for 4. Barney's body can be recycled for Rambo 4 as well Rocky Balboa if they wanted.

The only thing I wonder, and maybe it doesn't matter, is are the Rambo film rights no all owned by the same company. On the quadrilogy BR, it lists 1-3 as Studio Canal, but 4 a Millennium/Lionsgate.

Still keeping the faith, but at least Barney will provide me parts for making a custom one, though I'd still rather a nicely made, offical one, as it'll look better and have all the bits.

Agreed and good point on noting the different production companies for the 4 films. I never even clued in on the importance to that too. Jeez, well I hope its still possible.

Well, I know that Rambo 4 merchandising is possible, since HCG has put out 2 statues and a knife, so maybe the different companies has no bearing, as HCG has also put out Rambo 1-3 knives.

I'm just very on the lookout for things that could favor or hurt the chances of getting Rambo 4 because it just would mean a lot to me. Rambo 4 is my favorite Rambo movie, so even if not for the whole symetry of a complete HT figure set, I just really want figures from that movie because I really like it.

Sharing a cool custom First Blood Rambo:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-1-6-STALLONE-RAMBO-Figure-HOT-TOYS-12-sideshow-/160473163020?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255cf2250c

Rambo1-1a.jpg

Rambo1-4a.jpg

Rambo1-3a.jpg

Rambo1-9a2.jpg

Was really tempted to bid on this and his clint eastood figure is very good too.
Not movie acurate I know but looks awsome:)
Makes me want to make my own now, is ther any good head sculpts for first blood besides this rambo 3 head?

To do the bandana look, Rambo 3 works best because the hair's a separate piece, but the M65 head is perfect for First Blood but would require heavy modding to the hair.

To do the bandana look, Rambo 3 works best because the hair's a separate piece, but the M65 head is perfect for First Blood but would require heavy modding to the hair.

Think I'll keep my eyes peeled for a rambo 3 head then.
I have the m65 version but there is no way I am messing with the head in case I mess it up.

Oh also that custom has the wrong gun.
He never had the m60 till the end of the film he aquired a m16-a of one of teasles men in the forest so have bought one to be screen acurate.

Now all I need is the rest of the figure ,any one selling any parts?

Well, in terms of First Blood accurracy, most of that custom is wrong. It's a loosely based piece and a cool concept but if the aim is to be a First Blood figure, it's quite off.

I do hope that Hot Toys releases a Rambo 4 figure.. The doors have been opened, since 'The Expendables' movie rights are owned by Lionsgate & Millenium Films - the same companies that released Rambo 4. :dunno

The petition threads for a DX Christopher Reeve Superman worked, and Hot Toys will release this winter.. What if we do it for Rambo 4? :D

NO, I REFUSE to take any part in that petition crap, and I really don't think it's the reason we're getting Superman. Bottom line, if they can't get the rights or don't think it'll sell worth making, they won't do it, and a petition of 50 members at one website isn't enough to say, yes there is enough demand, there was much more to it than that.

I've already posted a couple times on their FB page with some people commenting, I'm sure they're aware, maybe even interested, in the end, either they'll think it worth doing and get the rights or they won't. Support for the Expendables figures, especially Barney, will probably be the best "petition" for telling them they could do well with a Rambo 4.

I don't think the petition had a thing to do with HT making the Superman figure.

Ok, I was just wondering anyway.
I am down for a Barney Ross once it's available for pre-order.. to show that I'm seriously wanting a Rambo 4! :duff

Sharing this custom 6" Rambo 4 I found in https://www.figurerealm.com

10682-1.jpg

10682-2.jpg

10682-3.jpg

10682-4.jpg

Last edited:

I tried earlier and got some people with me and emailed HT about it,they were planning both Rocky and Rambo for the DX03 and 04 but that never happened...
I really hope it's the rights that keeps them from making a Rambo,because i don't see any reason why they SHOULDN'T have interest in Rambo 4.

With the rumors of Hot Toys making Rambo. What are the chances of them redoing them rather then making a Rambo 4? I'm really hoping we get a Rambo 4 and I'm in the market of getting a Rambo part II despite the portrait he comes with, IMO that is his most iconic look with the red head band and all. I just don't want to spend $200+ then walla Hot Toys remakes it.

The Rambo 2 and original First Blood figures look quite out of place with the Rambo 3 and M65 First Blood figures, and any new Rambo will look even more out of place with those because of the ever changing figure quality. There's a chance if they do new Rambos, they might revisit Rambo 2 especially, but I think having a body already that suits Rambo 4 favors that film over those, as none of their current bodies have the right physique for Rambo 1-3 Stallone.

Thanks, hope your right because it seems like the most popular figure people want is a Rambo 4. And if they revisit Rambo 1-3 there will be mixed feelings for the people who spent 4x the retail price and for the other who won't spend the money for the going price and then we get better updated figures.

I don't care about them revisiting the old figures, of course I'm pretty much game for anything Rambo that they make, but, I desperately want Rambo 4 first as it's the only movie they haven't done yet, once they make that, they can do whatever else they want, but if I get 1-3 redux and still no 4, I will be genuinely pissed off, normally it's just talking smack on forums if I say I'll get upset about something but that would actually upset me, it's something I badly want for my Rambo collection and the absence of it drives me nuts.

Back