Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Yeah man.. I would agree that the Rambo 2 is a crappy figure, it's the 6th figure ever released by Hot Toys in their MMS line.

I also hope they remake that iconic figure. :( They should use the new muscle bodies they use for their new figures.

I don't have the same ill will towards Rambo 2 as others, I've been lucky and have had no cracking in mine and he's been out of the box since it came out. My main issues are sculpt, skintone and the posability or lack of on the old muscle bodies.

Any new rambo will come on the new style body so those days are behind us.

I would pay what's necessery for every single one of them except Rambo 2,it's not worth more than 100$ NEW imo,that body cracks open and becomes a total mess after a few months,it's pure garbage.

Wow, that bad? I was going to pick up a Rambo II local and the guy is asking $250. It's mint and complete, I was going to offer $225 for it. Damn, that sucks to hear that the body is that crappy. How about covering the cracks with some sorts of filler to make it look like mud?

Yeah man.. I would agree that the Rambo 2 is a crappy figure, it's the 6th figure ever released by Hot Toys in their MMS line.

I also hope they remake that iconic figure. :( They should use the new muscle bodies they use for their new figures.

Did you sell your Rambo III? Or did you change your mind? Which ones do you own right now?

I don't have the same ill will towards Rambo 2 as others, I've been lucky and have had no cracking in mine and he's been out of the box since it came out. My main issues are sculpt, skintone and the posability or lack of on the old muscle bodies.

Any new rambo will come on the new style body so those days are behind us.

I feel the same way, so what do you prevent from the body cracking? Just posing the arms straight down?

I feel the same way, so what do you prevent from the body cracking? Just posing the arms straight down?

Nothing, there's no attributable cause to the cracking, it doesn't happen to everyone. Could be some figures with weaker rubber, maybe the environmental conditions of where it's stored. It's a crap shoot. The only thing you can do for sure is obey the "don't do" warnings in the instructions because those are sure to cause damage. After that, just hope for the best.

Nothing, there's no attributable cause to the cracking, it doesn't happen to everyone. Could be some figures with weaker rubber, maybe the environmental conditions of where it's stored. It's a crap shoot. The only thing you can do for sure is obey the "don't do" warnings in the instructions because those are sure to cause damage. After that, just hope for the best.

Thanks MF, I think I'm going to go for it and offer the guy $225 if it is mint as he stated.

Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in, but for the price, the Master Cutlery and United Cutlery knife replicas are a cool item ot have in your collection too and can still be found for retail or less.

darkknight,don't waste your money on that figure...The Majority of the owners have had this issue,maulfan are one of the few lucky ones i guess.I had 3 of this figure,one really fell a part in the end so i just sent the Rubber body to a friend of mine for free so he could do a MUD custom,i kept the parts for this figure though.

I now have 2,one is displayed with Black headband and halo Jacket,it works for me.

Last edited:

Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in, but for the price, the Master Cutlery and United Cutlery knife replicas are a cool item ot have in your collection too and can still be found for retail or less.

Yeah I'm interested in getting them later on, where is the best place to get them other than ebay?
darkknight,don't waste you money on that figure...The Majority of the owners have had this issue,maulfan are one of the few lucky ones i guess.I had 3 of this figure,one really fell a part in the end so i just sent the Rubber body to a friend of mine for free so he could do a MUD custom,i kept the parts for this figure though.

I now have 2,one is displayed with Black headband and halo Jacket,it works for me.

Thanks for the heads up Rock, now I'm getting second thoughts.

Trautman is one of my favorite figures. I would not buy more than two Rambo's without having him in the lineup. He is such an important character in the series and his lines in First blood were epic..... such a cool character :)

Me and Maulfan have different experiences with this figure,you might get lucky and get one that holds,but i warn you...It's a Risk because it's not only me having this issue.

Trautman is one of my favorite figures. I would not buy more than two Rambo's without having him in the lineup. He is such an important character in the series and his lines in First blood were epic..... such a cool character :)

I agree,one of my favourite figures actually,him and M65 Rambo.The Sculpt matches today's standards too,with a repaint it would look REALLY impressive.

hey guys, check out this custom Rambo I scored off of a customizer on eBay. It's Hot Toys but with a better face sculpt and custom outfit to match his look in the first film when he was in the woods hiding from the police. It wasn't cheap to get but worth it.

Wow, that custom "First Blood" Rambo is incredible! :clap I love it!

Great head sculpt, and the outfit with the burlap cover is very accurate too. :)

Yeah that dude has made a few of those...Not First Blood Screen accurate but a damn nice looking figure nonetheless.

Yeah I'm interested in getting them later on, where is the best place to get them other than ebay?

You can get the Master Cutlery ones at HCG.

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/rambo_knives.html

If you can, you're better off with United Cutlery for Rambo 1 and 2, I like the Master Cutlery from HCG best for Rambo 3. There really is no good, inexpensive option for Rambo 4.

Agreed. I held out only because I had hopes for them to make a Rambo 2 version, once that was lost, I started looking for deals on him, finally found one, and then was able to find Vietnam uniform gear to customize him into Rambo 2.

Me and Maulfan have different experiences with this figure,you might get lucky and get one that holds,but i warn you...It's a Risk because it's not only me having this issue.

It is a risk, I wouldn't call my success something to bank on, as you say, others have suffered, it's a 50/50 shot.

picture.php

Yeah that dude has made a few of those...Not First Blood Screen accurate but a damn nice looking figure nonetheless.

Yeah he has one on eBay right now last I checked. I bought I think the second one he's made. His name there is sixicecubes and he makes some interesting customs. Right now he's got an Arnie custom from Pumping Iron. LOL, some of his work is better than others. I also bought a custom Predator Dutch figure off of him. The Rambo figure looks just as good in person but he didn't come cheap. If you want one check on eBay and look him up.

You can get the Master Cutlery ones at HCG.

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/rambo_knives.html

If you can, you're better off with United Cutlery for Rambo 1 and 2, I like the Master Cutlery from HCG best for Rambo 3. There really is no good, inexpensive option for Rambo 4.

Thanks for the info MF, I like Rambo II the best

Sweet, is this your custom? I wouldn't mind owning this

hey guys, check out this custom Rambo I scored off of a customizer on eBay. It's Hot Toys but with a better face sculpt and custom outfit to match his look in the first film when he was in the woods hiding from the police. It wasn't cheap to get but worth it.

Yeah, I saw that on ebay. Very nice custom, any other pictures you could share?

(Yeah, I saw that on ebay. Very nice custom, any other pictures you could share?[/QUOTE])

Sure here's a couple more I took of him at my home.

Hi bro -

I did not sell it, since I was able to find other means for my financial roadblock back then. It was removed as soon as I was able to. :yess: I'm always gonna change my mind on the Rambo III, it is the last figure I'll ever sell, but it's also a sought-after one so if I need funds, I can easily sell it too.

I have every HT Rambo, but I no longer have doubles, sold them off. :slap Once I "recover", I'll buy another Rambo III, or maybe just the headsculpts (the boxed sets are impossible to find chop-chopped, though).

What do you have now? I saw you hauled the HALO Jumper version a few months ago. :)

Did you sell your Rambo III? Or did you change your mind? Which ones do you own right now?

Back