Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Thanks, hope your right because it seems like the most popular figure people want is a Rambo 4. And if they revisit Rambo 1-3 there will be mixed feelings for the people who spent 4x the retail price and for the other who won't spend the money for the going price and then we get better updated figures.

They could be little tricksters about it if they wanted to. Say they could make a different (than already released) Rambo 2 version and include an updated sculpt. The little sneaky things. :exactly:

If you're gonna spend a couple hundred bucks on a not so good Rambo II why not just get the Sideshow PF instead? They're similar in quality.

They could be little tricksters about it if they wanted to. Say they could make a different (than already released) Rambo 2 version and include an updated sculpt. The little sneaky things. :exactly:

If you're gonna spend a couple hundred bucks on a not so good Rambo II why not just get the Sideshow PF instead? They're similar in quality.

Yeah, Hot Toys and there out of no where surprises.

I'm more of an action figure guy, I know the body doesn't hold up well with poses but I always wanted the figure and waited for a deal but never came across one. I think the most I spent on a figure was around $225 shipped and it was the RAH Metal Gear Croc Cap and I think that's the most I would spend on a Rambo II figure. But I don't think it will happen unless there is major problems with the figure.

I agree that if the figure is going to cost you $200+ and you're willing to spend it, you're better off with the PF.

The PF sculpt looks far nicer than the portrait on the old Hot Toys figure, and pretty much everything about the PF looks better than the Hot Toys figure. The only thing you really gain with the HT figure of the PF is pose options, but even that is limited by the older style muscle body, it's essentially a statue.

I too prefer figures for my money, more options, more fun, but if face with getting the PF or spending that much on the old figure, I'd personally feel happier about putting the PF on the shelf than the figure.

I agree that if the figure is going to cost you $200+ and you're willing to spend it, you're better off with the PF.

The PF sculpt looks far nicer than the portrait on the old Hot Toys figure, and pretty much everything about the PF looks better than the Hot Toys figure. The only thing you really gain with the HT figure of the PF is pose options, but even that is limited by the older style muscle body, it's essentially a statue.

I too prefer figures for my money, more options, more fun, but if face with getting the PF or spending that much on the old figure, I'd personally feel happier about putting the PF on the shelf than the figure.

Yeah i'm still holding out for a smokin price. I will eventually get the PF.

I can understand the intelligent complaints with the PF and why they cause people to hesitate on it.

I love it though, I'm so happy to have it, starting at it right now as a matter of fact, got it standing next to my monitor. I'm also really glad it's so similar to the pose I'm drawing right now because it's a great reference and it helps to have a 3D representation you can alter the lighting and things on to help you understand what's going on in the photo you're drawing.

If the figure is actually in good shape, it's a pretty good deal, that figure can go for twice that much, hopefully he shows up in good shape.

As far as finding the dagger, I don't think it's the end of the world to be missing it, you're getting the most important accessories.

Nice deal darkknight. I payed that much for this figure over a year ago. One of the most expensive, but most amazing figures I own.

I consider myself very fortunate to have known about this line from the start, I would pay whatever it took to get these, but I'm glad I didn't have to do that.

Rambo 2 was actually the first high end 1/6 figure I ever got, I had just discovered Sideshow for their Star Wars line, I hadn't really gotten to into the hobby to know everything, and I think I found the Hot Toys figure on eBay as a preorder looking for something else Rambo and it got me on the hunt for someone selling it and I found it for sale at Sideshow and it was really exicting when he first arrived.

If the figure is actually in good shape, it's a pretty good deal, that figure can go for twice that much, hopefully he shows up in good shape.

As far as finding the dagger, I don't think it's the end of the world to be missing it, you're getting the most important accessories.

Thanks MF. There were like 2 Rambo III BIN for $300 shipped that was never opened but I didn't want to pay that much. I also lost a bid on a used one and it ended around $250 shipped. As for the one I purchased, I emailed the guy some questions and he said it's still like brand new like the day he bought it minus the missing dagger.

Nice deal darkknight. I payed that much for this figure over a year ago. One of the most expensive, but most amazing figures I own.

Can't believe these retailed for under $100, I remember when they were up for PO and I was thinking who would buy figures that much. And look at me now.

Are these Rambo figures dropping its value? Some auction is ending at the mid $200 or even BIN for under $200. If a Rambo 4 is released, oh I mean when the Rambo 4 is released do you think the Rambo series will lose value or increase?

I consider myself very fortunate to have known about this line from the start, I would pay whatever it took to get these, but I'm glad I didn't have to do that.

Rambo 2 was actually the first high end 1/6 figure I ever got, I had just discovered Sideshow for their Star Wars line, I hadn't really gotten to into the hobby to know everything, and I think I found the Hot Toys figure on eBay as a preorder looking for something else Rambo and it got me on the hunt for someone selling it and I found it for sale at Sideshow and it was really exicting when he first arrived.

I was considering to trade my Hot Toys Robocop for a Rambo III. Glad there was no offer for a trade.

I don't think they will stay around the $200, pending any re-release of course. Some of the older sculpts going for less...

Are these Rambo figures dropping its value? Some auction is ending at the mid $200 or even BIN for under $200. If a Rambo 4 is released, oh I mean when the Rambo 4 is released do you think the Rambo series will lose value or increase?

I think it's a matter of customer base. The first 2 figures are of such lackluster quality, mainly the headsculpt, by today's standards, so their appeal really to hardcore Rambo fans who just want cool Rambo figures. Where a Rambo like Rambo 3 or the M65 could be sold to a more casual fan who holds everything to today's HT standards, the originals can't and I think those are the ones you'll find for cheap, and possibly the M65 just because it's a non-combat figure and again caters to a niche customer base.

If a Rambo 4 comes, it could increase the value of the old ones. New fans considering picking up the older figures but turned off by the whole series not being represented could find themselves excited at the notion of a Rambo from each of the 4 films. I think Rambo 4 will add value to the others.

If HT revisits the originals, they'll tank, a figure today will blow them out of the water.

Watched Rambo 1,2 and 3 on bluray this past 2 days and just need to watch 4 again. I still love all 4 movies to this date. Today I actually skimmed through all 106 pages. I have a question for the peeps who owns/owned all the Rambo figures. Say Hot Toys never revisit this line and you now wanted to collect these. How much are you willing to pay for them? Knowing in hand how the sculpts and bodies are. Since I finally have a Rambo III on my way:yess: I now want 1 from each movie including Col. Trautman. Even though I see what you all are saying about Rambo II HS I still like the way he looks, I know Rambo III is looks way better but I still want to get him.

Rambo 1-$?
Rambo M65-$?
Rambo II-$?
Rambo HALO-$?
Rambo III-$?
Col. Trautman-$?

If I didn't already have them, I'd say anything under $500 each for First Blood, Rambo 2, Rambo 3 and M65. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for Trautman, and I did pick him up well after the fact just last summer and managed a deal for around $100 cuz I still see him on eBay but for like $200. I never wanted the Halo Jumper figure, though with a headsculpt like today, I might be tempted, but more to have him like when he first meets Co than in the full jump gear. If they revisited these I'd probably get 2 of each one, each film has about 2 signature looks, though First Blood and Rambo 4 have a few more.

Rambo's my number 1 favorite character so there's not much I wouldn't buy and not too high a price I wouldn't pay for a collectible from it, so long as it means something to me and I'm happy with the representation. I won't buy things just because they're Rambo, they have to embody things I like about the character.

Here's how I'd pay for each Hot Toys Rambo figure..

First Blood - US$200 or lower

First Blood (M65 Jacket Version) - US$250 or lower

Rambo: First Blood Part II - US$250 or lower

Rambo: First Blood Part II (HALO Jumper Version) - US$150 or lower

Rambo III - US$300 or lower

First Blood: Col. Trautman - US$150 or lower

The best figure for me is still the Rambo III, followed by the First Blood (M65 Jacket Version).. The Rambo: First Blood Part II is very iconic, but with the price of it nowadays, you really have to bite the bullet if you really want it.

Last edited:

Thanks guys for the info. Here is my list on how much I would spend, used but mint and complete with box. And in order in which I like most by just looking at pictures you all posted. I know most say Rambo M65 is one of the best along with Rambo III but I don't have that Rambo baddass vibe compared to the other figures even tho the other HS is not par with the Rambo M65. This is just my opinion. I'd rather buy them used so the seller can verify that the body is mint by inspecting them and I'm cheap on buying used figures.

Rambo III-$225
Rambo II-$225
Rambo I-$175
Rambo M65-$175
Tie between Rambo HALO/Col. Trautman-$150

M65 really caters to the bigger fans who love the character enough to want his very first screen appearance in their collection, otherwise, it is a pretty boring figure compared to the ones depicting his action side.

If HT visits Rambo 4 I hope we get a figure or the parts to make a figure in his M65 style gear from the end, I really want Rambo's first and last appearance in my lineup.

I would pay what's necessery for every single one of them except Rambo 2,it's not worth more than 100$ NEW imo,that body cracks open and becomes a total mess after a few months,it's pure garbage.

It's funny,now that we talk about these figures i checked my Rambo 2 for the first time in 3 months now and under his left chest muscle it seems to dry out and will crack open any time now,man...i hope HT will make a new Rambo 2 after a Rambo 4 later.

Back