Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

I think that custom is actually made from the Rambo 3 sculpt, hair's different, but the face looks like the same sculpt.

Yulli's had her hits and misses like any sculptor, but in 1/6, I think she's had Stallone down everytime she does a portrait of him for HT, hope she does his Expendables portraits.

I do wish we had Rambo 2 and 3 made with these new muscle bodies though, the old ones work for gun poses, but don't quite get natural looking, bow aiming poses, I think the new ones would.

Yeah the custom is definitely a Rambo III sculpt. Hey now that have Arnie Kim on board maybe he'll influence some more Stallone product. Apparantely he's a HUGE Rocky/Stallone fan. Pretty neat either way, you have a talented Yulli that does an excellent Stallone, Kim that made a custom "Rocky" (damn good too) and then you have Kojun that does an excellent Pacino. It may take a little while but I think we'll see some more classics .............. more Rambo and Rocky forsure.

The only problem is, all the passion and enthusiasm won't mean much if the licenses are tricky to acquire, but I do hope we see some love for Pacino and Stallone out of Hot Toys, certainly Pacino could be one time figures like Scarface, Carlito's Way, etc., no need for a line for each movie, just his character and move on. Stallone, really only would sell as Rocky or Rambo, and that's fine with me.

No I know its a matter of aquiring the required licenses but I mean't more of them being fans and maybe adding some influence to getting the ball rolling. If at all possible. It'd be nice to see a new "classics" line and maybe just utilize the "M-Icons" line specifically to musicians. Classics could focus on the classic monsters, more Brando, Pacino, Deniro, Eastwood, Newman, Reford, etc, etc. They could call it "C-Icons"

I agree, it'd be nice to see some big things happen, and maybe they will. Regardless of Kim's talent, what's more important is the sculpting team is growing, so maybe HT can take on more and explore the older properties equally with the current one instead of using them more as filler like they've been.

Passion does pay off with HT, they seem big T2 fans and that line's getting some great treatment.

It is kinda neat that they show love to the same action flicks I love. Very rewarding imo. I just can't shake my insatiable side :lol I want me some more Rocky and Rambo!

Speaking of the BD T-800 where is it already? :gah:

Well, you know me and my Rambo 4 quest, my number 1 most wanted figure anyone could ever make, with BD T-800 number 2, '78 Michael Myers probably 3 and Carlito Brigante 4.

Add to that, Rocky 6 Rocky figure at the 5 spot. I know Rocky 1 is the iconic, must have figure for most, but as far as personally inspiring me, Rocky Balboa's my favorite film in the whole lot.

Well, you know me and my Rambo 4 quest, my number 1 most wanted figure anyone could ever make, with BD T-800 number 2, '78 Michael Myers probably 3 and Carlito Brigante 4.

Am with you on the Rambo 4, but am ok if it never gets done because i have the Rambo 4 statue and I really like it. Are you going to get the new HCG Rambo 4, 20 inch statue?

I like to see HT do somemore Rocky, but so much time has passed since the Itailan Stallione was released. Has HT ever come back to a figure line after 3 years?

I have the 12" Rambo 4 statue and getting it repainted, but it's not a figure, I want the symetry of a complete Hot Toys figure lineup covering the series.

Plus, with Rambo 4, I'd make 3-4 different figures of him based on his different looks in the movie. A single pose statue doesn't cover that.

And I do have the 1/4 statue on order as well.

If HT made a Rambo figure, I'd make each of these looks.

john-rambo-photo.jpg

rambo_v_artwork.jpg

Probably 2 of that one, 1 with knife, one with .50 cal machine gun.

rambo.jpg

And if feasible, I'd have a figure of his going home look that mirrored First Blood.

a rambo 4 figure...:drool

maulfan, i would buy any and all of those different looks.

:lol HT's just got back to me ............... they told me to stfu and ____ off.

Yeah that sounds like them.Seriously,where the ____ is Rambo?!It's a no brainer to make this one and would be their very last too.They have so many crappy licenses allready so i really don't get this,REALLY!

All together now! :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah:

It is a no brainer, I mean DUH! :cuckoo: My money says they're waiting to see how well Barney Ross sells.

Rambo would easily sell better than the previous ones no matter how good Barney sells,if Barney turns out to be a joke and will sell poorly,that shouldn't affect HT's decision if they should make a Rambo or not.

That's like saying that HT should try a 6th day Arnold to see if it's any popular before they decide to do a Terminator.

Rambo would easily sell better than the previous ones no matter how good Barney sells,if Barney turns out to be a joke and will sell poorly,that shouldn't affect HT's decision if they should make a Rambo or not.

That's like saying that HT should try a 6th day Arnold to see if it's any popular before they decide to do a Terminator.

Well 6th Day is not a fresh license, Expendables is, right? Maybe they figure its something thats currently in theatres so hop on to the hype while they can. Then release a Rambo if it sells well. Meh, I could be wrong.

Well 6th Day is not a fresh license, Expendables is, right? Maybe they figure its something thats currently in theatres so hop on to the hype while they can. Then release a Rambo if it sells well. Meh, I could be wrong.

Which reminds me,pics of Barney should be revealed this weekend at a Toy Show in Hong Kong where 1 lucky attendee gets a Barney.Not sure where i read it,if it was that latest article from a magazine,facebook or the newsletter,but it was somewhere.

Which reminds me,pics of Barney should be revealed this weekend at a Toy Show in Hong Kong where 1 lucky attendee gets a Barney.Not sure where i read it,if it was that latest article from a magazine,facebook or the newsletter,but it was somewhere.

No way! Do you remember which toy show it was/is? I wanna see that damn thing already!

Back