Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks amazing myc, great work. I hope I can get one of these. :yess:

Last edited:
I'd be interested on ordering an unlit Hilt. Please add me to the list.

oki doki... I "checkered" the holding part of the saber.. please let me know what you guys think..

Fury/Snoopy.. you might want to update the front page with this pictures

Thanks lot !! :)

lightsaber_02_zps3036943b.jpg

oki doki... I "checkered" the holding part of the saber.. please let me know what you guys think..

Fury/Snoopy.. you might want to update the front page with this pictures

Thanks lot !! :)

lightsaber_02_zps3036943b.jpg

SUPERB! I have no recommendations.... this thing is AH-MAZ-ING!!!!

Great job Michael!!! You are excellent in what you do and your hobby!

Wonderful..... simply Wonderful!

Looks stunning to me. Now get to painting! ;)

LOL... it will look great, I agree! (I know you were joking with your comment, I am super excited too).... but I think it has to be cast first... and then the painting.

MYC... how long do you think before a cast is made, or a different way, how long does the casting process take before the painting process can begin?

Finally, barring any hiccups, how long before this is produced?

And for Fury:.... I think a process for payment should really start to become a reality, and more of a definative price on the hilt.

Maybe you and MYC can come up with something. IDK.... I thought I read in this thread somewhere that you volunteered to do the individual shipping so that the sculptor (MYC) can ship them all to one place (meaning you)... so maybe there can be a PayPal account set up. Once people pay, they can be shipped. Once all payments are in then gets transfered to MYC. Or maybe MYC wants half up front.... IDK... you guys have to work out the logistics.

Unless MYC wants to do all the shipping, either way, I think now is the time to start prepping for the rollout of the product.

Also, another sidebar: maybe start to plan for what they will be shipped in and how much shipping will be in the US and what it will be for shipping abroad.

I dont know how much communication you have had with MYC other than starting this thing, but now reality starts to set in.

I am ready to pay, I am ready to give my address.

(Sorry if I am jumping the gun on this, but now that it is a reality and we need to work with this.)

On that note, Fury or MYC, I am willing to help out with the process in any way that I can. Shoot me a PM (either of you) if there is a need for my assistance.

Awesome to hear all the excitement !! :)

Before we paint.. and talk about payment I would like to explain the process a little bit.

I have now the prototype (what is made out of wax and epoxy) and if you guys are happy with it, I will have to do a mold. This is the most cost and time consuming part. I will have to find out a molding method that is effeciant as possible.
even with the small size of the saber, I think it will be a 2 part mold and I will be happy to show pictures of the process as well.

1. I will order the silicon prob. by tomorrow so I can do the molding over the weekend.

2. After the molding, I will purchase the resin to do the castings. Every casting will take about 2 hours. After the casting is done, I will have to "clean" it and sand off the seaming line.

3. After that, I prime it and let it dry.. and then.. at the end, I will paint it.

4. After paint, I will have to attach the metal ring (i have to find something that will work out for that)

5....and then, I will have to sculpt little hooks.

After that.. I will have a much better idea at the final price for this piece in terms of material costs and time.

I am not looking for a huge profit here.. just to breake even with material and some time. I do this for this community, but you guys have to understand the process and time I need for each individual saber.

now about the shipping/paying process..

I dont want to step on furries toes because he been so great pulling this thing off here.. but I think the most easiest way without getting any confusion/mix ups would be I just post my paypal and at checkout you can simply insert your forum name. I dont want any money until I have at least the first couple castings out and they look good painted.

I think I will do the first 30 and ship them out and then do the other 30 if thats ok.

Fury, you can also send me a PM if you have other ideas :)

bottom line, I think I can send out the first 30 in about 2-3 weeks :) then another 2-3 weeks for the second batch.

So,... lets do the molding first now :)

Last edited:
I guess this means that potentially, without any hiccups, all 60 on the list will get the EXCLUSIVE MYC hilt for the Obi Wan Mythos statue.

That should be exciting for ALL on board for this project.

All sounds great myc. And no toes stepped on. I was only trying to help, and to be honest, I've only got 37 days until my Radiation Therapy board exam. So I'm very happy to be off the hook.

Thanks! :hi5:

I still think $20 is too little for all your efforts myc. Let's us know what a more fair price is. I also think everyone should pay using the "gift" option on paypal or add 4% for the fees.

On another note, what are your thoughts on sculpting a light up superman portrait for the upcoming pf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back