Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ambasah well not sure about that. Still dont want to get in any law suite situations neither do missing license etc... but shhhh now ;)

@slipmagee Thanks a lot... and about the Fisto.. still enough available.. havent been able to advertise him (ebay etc) yet...

@lightsword you are welcome :)

@Furry/Snoopy .. thanks for updating the list :)

anyway.. so here are the first steps of the molding...

I decided to go for a vertical instead of horizontal 2 part mold. I didnt wanted to run into problems with having the seaming line at the fine details like the checkered parts...

20130403_210121_zpsa753118f.jpg

Its pretty important to make it 100% sealed and also get a clean seaming line.. the other plastic rod is for the air to escape later when it gets casted...
On top the extra wax part will be the pour in funnel

20130403_213244_zps1ca64593.jpg

Box around and ready for the silicon to get poured in.. I ordered it yesterday and I hope to get it before the weekend..

20130403_214101_zps610d9b64.jpg

Registration points are marks for the second silicon part to fit nice and also to avoid any resin leaks later

20130403_214117_zps3a20dbc8.jpg

naaa... just mad :D

I heard people saying they are interested in inside looks of the process so I dont mind showing all the steps to the final product :)

Great stuff, myc, thanks for explaining the process and posting the pics, and of course a HUGE thanks for your efforts in making this a reality. And thanks to furystorm for arranging this!

Thanks for sharing the step by step process myc. I find it very interesting to see the steps that will make this hilt a reality. Much appreciated.

I find this whole process fascinating. Thanks for showing us the step by step. Very Cool!!

MYC: I love seeing the process... I like to learn... I never knew about any of it. thank you for sharing and I look forward to other WIP pics... its so interesting!

This is indeed fascinating. Not only you are building a well thought out hilt but also educating many of us in the process of bringing it to life. It sure is very interesting to me to follow this process. Lots of small details and attention are required. I like it.

Im glad you guys are interested in the process :) Will keep you updated. I should receive the Silicon before the weekend so I will try to do molding and the first test castings over the weekend ! :)

Pics will follow :)

wow.. I got the Silicone last night already.. so I didnt wasted any time and poured the first part.. it will be dry until tonight and then I have to turn that thing around.. get all the clay out... brush some vaseline on it to keep the second pour from sticking (dried silocone will stick with fresh silicone ) and do the second part.
Looking good for getting the first test castings out on the weekend ! :)

7f96b43b-7a38-4046-b6ef-f2d925b2e369_zps883bbcfc.jpg

wow.. I got the Silicone last night already.. so I didnt wasted any time and poured the first part.. it will be dry until tonight and then I have to turn that thing around.. get all the clay out... brush some vaseline on it to keep the second pour from sticking (dried silocone will stick with fresh silicone ) and do the second part.
Looking good for getting the first test castings out on the weekend ! :)

7f96b43b-7a38-4046-b6ef-f2d925b2e369_zps883bbcfc.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info on the process. It's always amazing to me what some of us crazies will do to satisfy our habit. So great there are people like you willing to take this on, can't wait to see how the tests turn out.

you guys are more then welcome... besides.. its my own urgency as well that needs to be satisfied ! ;)

and Slynger.. everybody who pours out thousands of dollars for statues has to be a bit crazy... (I am one of them as well... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back