Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got some huge progress here.. mold is done and I got the first test castings out and it looks good :)

here are more steps for you..

box got turned around and all the clay was removed. Afterwards some vaseline on the silcone to prevent the second layer to stick on it.. the saber would be trapped in and lost forever ! ;)

20130405_204134_zpsd50c9078.jpg

second part of silicone prepared and pourd on..

20130405_204419_zps6d7fbede.jpg

One day later.. I got the two part molds done !! :) This was this morning... ready for the first testings..

20130406_152723_zpsc7eaf301.jpg

and here are the first castings :) need to cleaned and sanded and then primed and ready for paint.

I might have a painted version tonight to show :)

20130406_152729_zps92964ed6.jpg

Well got some huge progress here.. mold is done and I got the first test castings out and it looks good :)

here are more steps for you..

box got turned around and all the clay was removed. Afterwards some vaseline on the silcone to prevent the second layer to stick on it.. the saber would be trapped in and lost forever ! ;)

20130405_204134_zpsd50c9078.jpg

second part of silicone prepared and pourd on..

20130405_204419_zps6d7fbede.jpg

One day later.. I got the two part molds done !! :) This was this morning... ready for the first testings..

20130406_152723_zpsc7eaf301.jpg

and here are the first castings :) need to cleaned and sanded and then primed and ready for paint.

I might have a painted version tonight to show :)

20130406_152729_zps92964ed6.jpg

Looking great so far! :clap

My Goddd! Everytime I wake up, I feel like I'm dreaming! You, my dear sir, are, the freaking bomb! And that, coming from the Middle East, is serious ****! :rofl

you are doing great MYC.... thank you for the progress pics! Great talent, my friend! Great stuff.

Thanks everybody..super excited you like it :)

Is there a plan for attaching these? Or is every man for himself to figure this out?

So far. If no one has a bettet idea.. I will provide a small hook that you will need to glue on..

I hope to get my obiwan next week.. I will then shoe pictures of the painted hilt attached to the statue :)

Wow, awesome. Love the step by step process. Cant wait to see the painted prototype.

Thank you so much guys !!

My OBiwan is scheduled to arrive tomorrow !! So I might have some pictures for you by wednesday of the saber painted and assembled :)

(fingers crossed nothing is damaged)

Well the unpainted casts look fantastic, can only imagine the painted one will look amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back