Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
So our Mythos Ben Kenobi statues have started landing, and they have been found to be deficient in one major area. We are being left to our own devices to solve this situation. My proposal, largely because I want to keep this amazing statue, is that we commission one of the talented artisans here to sculpt, for those of us interested, an unlit Obi-wan hilt.

Here is my edited conversation in chat with Kathy:

1. Basically there will be no unlit hilt.
2. There will be no partial refunds for the missing unlit hilt. (At least for me)
3. You can return the item for a full refund, if dissatisfied. (Not for me, sorry)

me: Hello, I have a question about the Obi-Wan Mythos statue that I received today... I'm missing an unlit saber hilt, and am wondering if I could have one sent my way?

Sideshow Kathy: I am sorry, the finished statue did not come with the hilt
on the belt

Sideshow Kathy: right, the pictures are being updated
if you would like to return your statue because of that, we will refund you in full

me: Can you offer me a partial refund for missing this hilt?

Sideshow Kathy: no, I am sorry

Please indicate if you are either interested in commissioning an artist to accomplish said task, or if indeed you are an interested artist, and would like to help us out. Many details will have to be taken care of I am sure.

I will keep the list updated. And thank you. :grouphug

lightsaber_02_zps3036943b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interest list:

Artist: myc

1. furystorm
2. slynger
3. Legionpichon
4. Jack Bauer
5. ambasah
6. ambasah
7. Digital Hermit
8. Spudmanski
9. Darth Snoopy
10. Cotasnoova
11. costell2
12. TrendyIce
13. Kammykaze
14. GroundskeeperWillie
15. cnutty
16. Slipmagee
17. spenca7
18. jaymac
19. Zalahmar
20. Viper245
21. Black Label Society
22. Mr Anthony
23. alteswaldtroll
24. jstep13
25. N3RDGASM
26. ChunkyZergling
27. aeseven7
28. Mr. Nice Guy
29. Pizza

Waitlist...

30. Rugby1970
31. bearmodel
32. Judgepup
33. Therivox
34. SwedishHeat
35. waterman8447
36. Clawwolf
37. msjedi36
38. marijuana
39. Darth Madden
40. MrPickles
41. blazelsd
42. Mandible
43. Fascinator
44. Toaster
45. zmagilicutie
46. weaponxero (via PM)
47. jasoncollects
48. InsaneFett
49. blue_rogue
50. melo315
51. mystolle
52. gagaliya
53. mike14
54. darthtool
55. federico
56. LightSword
57. KenBenobi
58. lolo080
59. Grendelspyce
60. JohnSolo28
61. masterside
62. yenside
63. maverick

Last edited by a moderator:
So how would we attach it if the "clip" on the belt is one solid piece?

buy a 1/5 scale Attakus Kenobi and cut the saber from his belt...This thread shouldnt exist if SS had brains

So how would we attach it if the "clip" on the belt is one solid piece?

I would be all for a commission to replace the missing hilt but like you point out DM, a method has to be devised to attach it to Obi Wan's belt.

Just gluing it isn't acceptable in my view because if the saber hand is being used, it will look dumb with the hilt still attached to his belt.

I would be all for a commission to replace the missing hilt but like you point out DM, a method has to be devised to attach it to Obi Wan's belt.

Just gluing it isn't acceptable in my view because if the saber hand is being used, it will look dumb with the hilt still attached to his belt.

You gotta make a little hook on the statue itself or glue it...no other way IMHO

I still can't believe how perfect this statue was until this issue...it really bothers me and boggles my mind...either SS didnt know that the Chinese screwed up or SS really is retarded...I wont accept any other scenario here...The perfect piece and pose ruined(at least for me)

That's my thinking as well which rules out ever using the saber hand.

I would personally drill a super thin hole on the belt and put a hook on...easy job...but again this thread shouldnt exist if SS had done it right...

Updated the list. I only added those who unequivocally stated they wanted one (or two)...

Let me know if I missed anyone, and keep them coming. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back