Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, my bad, didn't check my statue.
OK, here is my 50 cents.....to simplify the task and not let peops do the cutting, sawing, we should provide a tiny metal plate double the long of the sealed hook and just glue it over, because there's enough space between the hook and the body we just extend the hook so we can hang the ring on it, simple as that.

Apart from the now well-publicized "mistakes" from SSC, this is actually an awesome statue.

I must............. RESIST the temptation to........ BUY!

U contacted them last Friday!!! A whole week without response!! Will call them on Monday.

About the hook... would be interesting if there are really different types out there.

The one from you lightsword looks pretty good and duable to hang on

I plan to call on Monday as well. Hopefully Sideshow will be able to address my request at that time. Good luck in yours myc

good luck to you as well :)

aaaanyway.... here is my prototype of the Obiwan Lightsaber Hilt... if you guys like it, I will move forward and start the molding process... no painted version until I have a casting done.

@Fury/Snoopy .. if you like, you can take this picture and post it in the first/second post

obiwan_saber_zps21428f0b.jpg

Thanks again guys ! :)

Last edited:
btw, have you tried some playing around with it to get the hilt to stick? Could you post a pic that shows it hanging, even using some tape or string?

Unfortunately no.. I dont have the statute yet..its pretty fragile as well and wont paint it I will do also the ring etc when I have a casted version

good luck to you as well :)

aaaanyway.... here is my prototype of the Obiwan Lightsaber Hilt... if you guys like it, I will move forward and start the molding process... no painted version until I have a casting done.

@Fury/Snoopy .. if you like, you can take this picture and post it in the first/second post

obiwan_saber_zps21428f0b.jpg

Thanks again guys ! :)

Very well done. That turned out great. Curious on if you know how we'll attach it? I've heard gluing it, to hollowing out a small piece so it hangs there (what I could do with my statue). Which way are you leaning?

Thanks a lot !
I think I will def. attach a small metal ring at the end.. and provide a little hook that people have to glue on their statue.

I dont have the statue in hand yet so I just have to listen what peoples best ideas might be.. and so far I think the self-glue on hook might work out best...

I like it MYC.... I think it looks great.

Question, does the original hilt for Obi Wan have more of a checker pattern instean of a stripped/ring pattern?

Other than that, it looks amazing.

ObiSaber_zps07178b1d.jpg

Here is one photo posted by "The Josh"... it shows the checkered pattern or the vertical lines down the hilt.

IMG_8244_zps06cbf0e8.jpg

Last edited:
Great job MYC!

Here's another angle of the original... looking pretty damn good dude :)

My only comment would be the "cut-out notches" along the black "grip" part of the handle? I might be trying to describe the same thing as costell2?

SW_NH_Obi_Wan-lightsaber_zps9edc5383.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back