No newsletter yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all i still have not recieved my newsletter either..... but i went to sideshows website and logged in to the newsletter account and was able to set up my password and veiw the last fridays newsletter!! so you should be able to do this as well now. maybe that silly newsletter will never come

Dusty...quick question!!!

So....for preorders that happen on specific dates and times do we click on the newsletter link first, log in, then click on the newsletter that will then have another link to the products.

Also...do we need to log into our user account before logging into our newsletter account?

Kookie said:
So....for preorders that happen on specific dates and times do we click on the newsletter link first, log in, then click on the newsletter that will then have another link to the products.

Also...do we need to log into our user account before logging into our newsletter account?

All very good questions! We will be writing an article that will be a step-by-step guide to the new set-up. You can also see our pre-order survival guide for some tips:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=120905preorder

On pre-order days, you should always log-in to your online user account first and make sure it's all updated and ready to go. The link for pre-ordering, IF it's designated a "Priority" pre-order, will show up on your Newsletter account page. When you click it, if you are logged-in to your user account, you'll be able to pre-order during the time AS LONG AS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES MATCH. (I gotta keep driving that point home :) ) The cool thing about this link is that it will cross-check your user account and newsletter email addresses to verify your status, so even if the link gets posted all around the web, it will still only allow newsletter members to order for the designated time period!

If you sign up to the newsletter or update your email addresses, it must be done by 11:59 pm (PST) the night before the pre-order is set to begin. In other words, if you change anything at the last minute the day of ordering, it will not give the system enough time to update before the priority deadline. Preparedness is key.

Another thing to keep in mind is that most of our pre-orders will still be working in the same manner as usual (the Ironman comiquette for instance). Only those that are anticipated to be fast sell-outs will be designated as "Priority" in order to give our dedicated collectors the first chance at those items. Anakin is one of those :)

Last edited:
What time can we expect a newsletter every week?
Different every week? A more scheduled time when there are no big pre-order items?

Now that's responsive! Thanks for that - no problems now.

As well as hitting home the point that the email address you receive the newsletter at MUST MATCH THE EMAIL ON YOUR PURCHASING ACCOUNT, we should also alert everyone that you should have all the subjects for which you want to see information from checked off. The newsletter is smart and won't display news for categories you haven't selected.

For example if "Star Wars" isn't checked then you won't see the info in the newsletter about Anakin.

bluesparrow said:
Thanks for your hard work on this Dusty.

I'll take that as a "thanks to Sideshow" (not just to me - I do nothing, just answer questions and try to make sense of it :p) I'll pass it on to those behind-the-scenes who actually make it all tick! :duff

Darklord Dave said:
We should also alert everyone that you should have all the subjects for which you want to see information from checked off. The newsletter is smart and won't display news for categories you haven't selected.

For example if "Star Wars" isn't checked then you won't see the info in the newsletter about Anakin.

Exactly right Dave! There will no longer be a newsletter with every little piece of information in it, UNLESS you check every box on your preferences selection page :) The newsletter system has gained some IQ points, and is now smarter and more tailored than ever. :duff

mlarsen said:
What time can we expect a newsletter every week?
Different every week? A more scheduled time when there are no big pre-order items?

No specific time will be set-up. If there's an important pre-order coming up, the time window will be established with the preview, just like with Anakin. Newsletter will always be posted on Fridays, unless it gets changed at some point. We will make a news post on the Sideshow homepage whenever a new newsletter is available to read! :duff

Thanks for that link, Dusty!!! There a lot of us who can now relax and stop checking our inbox every few minutes. Quite a relief, and nice to know that I will NEVER AGAIN have to wait on a newsletter that other people are already reading. Thanks to everybody at Sideshow for implementing these changes on behalf of people like me!

Back