Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like they should have released it a year earlier, without the gamepad and just call it the Wii HD and then work on something better to compete with the newer consoles.

Correct. Giving it the name "Wii U" only made it look like a refresh of the Wii rather than a whole brand new system (like from SNES to N64). Whatever though its all about to be over with.

Overall I was disappointed with the game selection but playing co-op games like DK, all of the Mario games, and Wolly world with my wife was a blast.

then afterwards I'd kick her out of our game room and put on some MGS or Halo :devil

edit: The price will be 329.99 CAD (some online retailer put the page up by mistake)

The price will be 329.99 USD (some online retailer put the page up by mistake)

There will be different packages.
I forget the details, but that is the price of the strip-down version. Just the bare essentials to get you started. It might even be less. Again I can't recall. Sorry.
I'm going to look for the package with the best controller and memory package. I'm getting this to do a lot of LAN multi-player gaming.

Since Zelda is getting delayed Nintendo could make the new Mario game shown (in the switch trailer) their launch title.

FYI this is all rumor but comes from a good source apparently.

I can tell you right now that is not the price

Toys R US Canada is clueless

They used the current Wii U price in Canada as the place holder price for Switch

Also Nintendo hasn't dropped the price of the Wii U in like forever

This will be more expensive than the Wii U

Probably the same price as a PS4 Slim
($299.99 USD)

More proof TRU is full of it (they always use placeholders for prices)

Nintendo will be hosting a livestream showcasing the Switch tomorrow at 8:00pm PT (11:00pm ET), via a livestream on their YouTube and Twitch channels.

So... you can check either of the following links around then.

Nintendo's YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo/featured

Nintendo's Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

With this supposedly releasing in March, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced some preorders for it. Heck, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Looking forward to this one!
- PS4 Pro owner, but I think this will still be a fun console.

Very much doubt I will be watching the live event at 4am tomorrow morning (GMT), but when I get up at 7 I will be checking online to see what's-what and watch the recap and post-reveal discussions on YT.

So could someone explain to me what the Nintendo Switch really is? Is it the successor to the Wii U? Is the Wii U going to be obsolete now?

Back