NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone following HBO's 24/7 this year? Just watched Part 2 tonight, it was excellent (but it's HBO, I expect nothing less). I love this series, it really allows the fans to see a great glimpse of the hockey world and the players' lives.

Torts being friends and supporting that boy with cerebral palsy was just heart-warming. He just went sky-high in my books, what a great guy.

I highly recommend this show to everyone who is a diehard NHLer ;):clap

Anyone else think the situation in Montreal is reaching just a point of utter ridiculousness? Now they're going to protest against Cunneyworth in what's being called a "language rally".

I was born in Quebec, have a French-Canadian last name, and am bilingual. I suppose this makes me a more worthy candidate to coach that team than Cunneyworth.:rolleyes:

find me something Montreal related that isn't ridiculous...calling the cops after a hit, complaining over a coach's nationality, fraudulent refs....the list goes on

Smith over Kadri, Kadri is garbage :lecture

:nono

Highly skilled player, just needs to beef up a little more... he looks a good 20% bigger this year though maybe Ramadan is holding back his continued progress a little. XD

Kadri had a great game last night, same for Reimer.

[ame="https://youtu.be/-IcwSjaq07o"]https://youtu.be/-IcwSjaq07o[/ame]

Last edited:
:nono

Highly skilled player, just needs to beef up a little more... he looks a good 20% bigger this year though maybe Ramadan is holding back his continued progress a little. XD

Kadri had a great game last night, same for Reimer.

https://youtu.be/-IcwSjaq07o

I was shocked that Kadri had a good game last night, so I definitely stand corrected...he isn't COMPLETELY garbage :lol

I still think we could of got a better pick, we just badly need better scouting. Look at Zetterberg and Datsyuk, you know? 210th and 171st overall, respectively... Burke just has a hard on for Canadian players :lol

As I recall Burke tried pretty hard during that draft to trade up to get Schenn or Duchene I believe, but had no takers. So, he took the best player available. Unfortunately, the BPA in juniors doesn't always translate to NHL. He's still young so I wouldn't write him off yet. Not that I follow the leafs much, but the times he's been called up have they given him a chance with their talented players or is he pulling 8 minutes a game on a checking line?

Not trying to get a head of myself here but as we're saying all this stuff how Kadri isn't NHL-calibre and how he sucks, the kid has 2 goals in 2 games in his recent call-up. Prior to that he was tearing up the AHL. And he's only 21. Just sayin'.

Not trying to get a head of myself here but as we're saying all this stuff how Kadri isn't NHL-calibre and how he sucks, the kid has 2 goals in 2 games in his recent call-up. Prior to that he was tearing up the AHL. And he's only 21. Just sayin'.

I stand corrected over my negative comments on Kadri, his last two games were excellent...he plays really well with Connolly on that line...lets see if Wilson keeps him up after Christmas!

This calls for the start of the Kadri statue outside the ACC.:bow

Your sarcasm sucks good sir. :monkey4

I think the Bruins will repeat and win the Cup since I don't see Sidney playing for us. They are just too good.

Come on Eli, it's the Leafs. That comment was only 33% sarcasm, if that. As for your prediction. I'll happily agree, but there's still lots of season left and many things can happen.

Merry Christmas, to all the hockey thread regulars!:)

Kadri's no Marchmont!!!!!

What a dominant game by the Bs vs Florida. 8 goals and another Tuukka Rask shutout!!

You talking about fellow Scarberian Bryan Marchment?..king of knee on knee..pfftt..sure.

He's talking about Brad Marchand. Somebody called Boston radio early last year saying how he didn't belong and needed to go back to the minors. He repeatedly called him Marshmont. Somehow the name has stuck for fans and media. Marchand himself hates the name.

oops forgot only the locals would get that...the rest of the NHL fans would instantly think of Marchment

well Rask's shutout streak was ended but at least the Bruins still won after the Christmas time off

oh and Torres took a beating from Darth Quaider!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in to all those people who were praising the Wild and saying how great they are, and all the fair weather MN fans around where i live: Where's your precious team now?? 7 game losing streak??? That's what i thought.

Back