NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong. He didn't up the ante. He offered up the money the saints gave him for the bounty. And Vilma never did anything illegal on the field. He never hurt anyone for money. Show me where Vilma injured a player for money.

So what? I'm sorry they are so misinformed? Give what up? Opening up people's eyes that are severely shut? Not one analyst/former player is calling Vilma a classless feaking punk. I wonder why?

It will all come out in the end. The Saints got off way too easy and are glad to see Vilma be the fall guy.

No I'm not. No, Vilma never hurt anybody. He never received a bounty for $10,000. Williams gave Vilma (the defensive captain) the money to offer up the bounty before the game on Favre and Warner in which Vilma then returns the money back to Williams after the game. Nobody ever received the 10k. Comprende? What Roger Goodell has is former Saints players saying Vilma offered up 10k of his own money and put it on a table for anyone that knocked Favre or Warner out of the game for good. Where the money comes from matters a ton. Goodell claims it was Vilma's money when it wasn't.
I am not misinformed. My statement is still 100% correct. He is and adult and he offered money, where this money came from is 100% irrelevant he is the one who made the offer. He knew what he was doing was 100% against nfl rules yet still felt the need to take that money and say the words. If your boss handed you a gun and said shot this guy by your logic you would be innocent as it wasn't your gun and your boss told you to do it so you had to do it. Vilma needs to be accountable for his actions. He got one year , and the only person who had any more responsiblity is suspended indefinitely.

I am not misinformed. My statement is still 100% correct. He is and adult and he offered money, where this money came from is 100% irrelevant he is the one who made the offer. He knew what he was doing was 100% against nfl rules yet still felt the need to take that money and say the words. If your boss handed you a gun and said shot this guy by your logic you would be innocent as it wasn't your gun and your boss told you to do it so you had to do it. Vilma needs to be accountable for his actions. He got one year , and the only person who had any more responsiblity is suspended indefinitely.

It's not 100% correct when you said "he" upped the ante. The money wasn't Vilma's so "he" didn't up anything. He was just the messenger. Do you UNDERSTAND??? Really? A gun=money? Really? Shooting someone=knocking somebody out of a football game? Do you guys even know what the bounty was for on Favre and Warner? It def wasn't to shoot them. My god.

So if Vilma is the one that is responsible for all of this then why did Gregg Williams get an indefinite suspension? Why didn't Vilma get the indefinite suspension? Tell me that GENIUS. Why did Sean Payton get a year suspension? Are you seriously trying to imply that Vilma was responsible for the bounty program?

just read this article. https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7883438/saints-lb-jonathan-vilma-becomes-nfl-scapegoat

"Commissioner Roger Goodell's one-season suspension of Vilma was so over the top that it had to be for effect, and indeed it was. Sending Vilma off the field for the same amount of time as Sean Payton, who as head coach of the Saints can be held directly responsible for the bounty scandal, is ludicrous -- but Goodell isn't interested in the appearance of fairness here. He is sending a message via jackhammer."

I guess I'm just retarded and this guy from ESPN shares the exact same mind set as me. Wow, am I stupid. Yes Vilma should be suspended. Yes he did wrong. But suspending him for the same amount as Payton is not the right punishment. One or the other. Either suspend Payton longer or shorten Vilma's.

Payton knew about the bounty system.
Payton allowed the bounty system to go on.
Payton lied to the NFL for years about the bounty system.
Payton told his coaches to get their ducks in a row when the NFL came to investigate in an email of all places.
Payton NEVER told the players they were being investigated.
Payton could have ended it at any second.
Payton can coach for another 20 years. What's one year to him? Vilma can only play for maybe 3-4 more years.

I guess I'm just retarded and this guy from ESPN shares the exact same mind set as me. Wow, am I stupid. Yes Vilma should be suspended. Yes he did wrong. But suspending him for the same amount as Payton is not the right punishment. One or the other. Either suspend Payton longer or shorten Vilma's.

Back at it again, huh? How many times do you have to be slapped by different board members to get anything through your thick skull?

Not sure why you have an erection for Vilma either?

Just STFU already and move on.

It's not 100% correct when you said "he" upped the ante. The money wasn't Vilma's so "he" didn't up anything. He was just the messenger. Do you UNDERSTAND??? Really? A gun=money? Really? Shooting someone=knocking somebody out of a football game? Do you guys even know what the bounty was for on Favre and Warner? It def wasn't to shoot them. My god.

So if Vilma is the one that is responsible for all of this then why did Gregg Williams get an indefinite suspension? Why didn't Vilma get the indefinite suspension? Tell me that GENIUS. Why did Sean Payton get a year suspension? Are you seriously trying to imply that Vilma was responsible for the bounty program?

just read this article. https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7883438/saints-lb-jonathan-vilma-becomes-nfl-scapegoat

"Commissioner Roger Goodell's one-season suspension of Vilma was so over the top that it had to be for effect, and indeed it was. Sending Vilma off the field for the same amount of time as Sean Payton, who as head coach of the Saints can be held directly responsible for the bounty scandal, is ludicrous -- but Goodell isn't interested in the appearance of fairness here. He is sending a message via jackhammer."

No he did up the ante. There is a HUGE difference between a coach offering money and a player (once again regardless of where the money came from). Yes I understand. That question should be directed at you. Your evidence is a editorial story on ESPN? WOW. I never said Vilma was resposible for program and even said the only person who had bigger part was was suspended indefinitly, but obviously you didnt bother to read that. I don't get the attitude that he should get less because of what Payton got. There is no evidence of any DIRECT activity in the bounty program. He got suspended for lying and not controlling his team. Thats a really big penalty for what he did.

As for the whole Vilma can play for short period Payton can coach forever once again should be irrelevant. So lets take a look at from a legal standpoint. What Payton did would have been considered accessory to a crime and obstruction of justice, and false statements, none of which would carry much penalty in comparison to a person involved in crime. They never say oh this guy is 80 years old we need to lower his sentence because he has less time to live, nor increase another persons lesser crime because he has much more time to live then the other person. :slap:slap:slap:slap

For a second there i thought this was the Vilma thread

Thats kind of what its turned into huh. I think everyone has said their peace about Vilma and none of you age going to change your minds about him. This is not a discussion anymore but a pissing contest and and we are all sick of hearing you guys _____ about him so please..... STOP IT.

I was hoping for the Jests. It was fun the first time. This time there would have been even more drama.

A Vikings fan taking a dig at the Dolphins? That's hilarious! :slap :lol

Holy crap, it's jstep! The biggest smack talking clown from the NBA thread has arrived here. Been waiting on this day for this guy to bring his NBA crap to this thread.

Aww, did you get all butt hurt because I laughed when nash took a shot at you?

Yep, Vikings were 3-13 last year and I was here every week to rip the bleep out of them. Oh and they will finish around 6-10 this year. Where were you last year? How many times did you comment about your Dolphins? Or are you that guy who shows up when times are good?

Here's the difference between me and you. I don't have blinding hatred for another team which would cloud my objectivity on subject matters.

Your anger towards LeBron lacks any common sense and often renders your posts without meaning, significance or purpose. Here's the best part, if the Heat keep on winning, you'll be there with your sorry ass excuses like "the other team had injuries. Pathetic!

And this is coming from a non-Heat fan.

Thanks for playing and come on back anytime. :lol

Last edited:
Holy crap, it's jstep! The biggest smack talking clown from the NBA thread has arrived here. Been waiting on this day for this guy to bring his NBA crap to this thread.

Yep, Vikings were 3-13 last year and I was here every week to rip the bleep out of them. Oh and they will finish around 6-10 this year. Where were you last year? How many times did you comment about your Dolphins? Or are you that guy who shows up when times are good?

Here's the difference between me and you. I don't have blinding hatred for another team which would cloud my objectivity on subject matters.

Your anger towards LeBron lacks any common sense and often renders your posts without meaning, significance or purpose. Here's the best part, if the Heat keep on winning, you'll be there with your sorry ass excuses like "the other team had injuries. Pathetic!

2547%20-%20disaster%20Pwned%20pwnt%20track.png

That red carpet you rolled out was a bit bumpy. :lol

Back