NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wreaks of Lawrence Phillips

No way kid killed himself now, he was killed because no one will give **** or investigate

Wow there are theories that this was in able to get him family money owed by the Pats. The Pats would now owe the bonus as MA law states that if a defendant dies during an appeal the conviction is overturned which would invalidate the Pats not paying the bonus. It could also potentially effect the civil suit from the victims family.

Wow, and here I thought the Bears couldn't possibly be any dumber. They manage to trade away a bunch of picks to the 9ners to move up one spot and pick a QB the 9ners had no interest in. 9ners moved back one spot, get a bunch of draft picks, and still pick the player they intended to take the whole time. Move over Cleveland. Bears are officially the dumbest and worst team in the NFL. They should be drafting 1st next year and finding a way to F that up too.

This is a new low. We are the laughing stock of the league.

I don't understand the thought at all with it. You give up all of that for a player the niners did not want and you could have gotten if you waited a few more minutes. John Lynch fleeced the bears GM. Thats the kind of pick that can get a gm fired.

I have a friend who is a huge bears fan who was losing his mind last night. :lol

I don't understand the thought at all with it. You give up all of that for a player the niners did not want and you could have gotten if you waited a few more minutes. John Lynch fleeced the bears GM. Thats the kind of pick that can get a gm fired.

I have a friend who is a huge bears fan who was losing his mind last night. :lol

A rookie GM totally fleeced a 2nd year GM and a guy who has worked in the Saints front office for years before that. The Chicago papers and media are all saying it was a gutsy move because of the Bears dire need of a QB. They are idiots. The national media has got it right. The Bears could have kept all of their draft picks and picked their QB at 3. 9ners had no intention of picking Trubisky. What a joke.

Last edited:
I don't think the Bears were afraid of the Niners picking him, I think they were afraid of someone outbidding them to move up to #2. Either way though, Lynch was brilliant.

I have no issue with the pick. If Pace thinks Trubisky is a franchise QB, then he went and got his QB. Time will tell if the pick was a bust (given the Bears inability to pick and groom QBs, I expect him to be a bust). My problem was the fact that Pace gave away 3 draft picks for free. No one was going to trade with the 9ners. If Pace would have just stayed pat, Trubisky would have been available at the 3 spot and the Bears would have 3 valuable draft picks. The Bears need players who can play. Giving away draft picks only makes it harder to fill the numerous holes on this team. Then again, if you blow the picks you have, I guess it really doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Back