NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sucks is until the 3rd and 20 conversion with 4 minutes left in the game Murray only had like 60 yards rushing. After that play the Seattle D seemed to give up and Murray ran them over.

Credit to Dallas for stepping on the Saints' throat and not letting up a couple of weeks ago. That's not the Dallas I saw in previous years. I think they're legit for now, though we'll see how they handle the remainder of the season and their real Kryptonite--the playoffs. Saying that, I think Seattle is still very good, as well, but aren't accustomed to being manhandled by a team that was just better on a given night. And I figure that's the cause for so much frustration on the sideline.

For as bad as Seattle played in their two loses (and it was bad) they were still within one drive of winning both games so that's something to be positive about. :)

Not sure if quoting Deion Sanders is a good thing or not, but I will:

"I'm loving it, but I'm not trusting it yet".

Rolando McClain has been a unexpected surprise. That dude was a 1st round bust. He's not gonna make the Pro Bowl, but he's been more than decent in relief of Sean Lee.

For as bad as Seattle played in their two loses (and it was bad) they were still within one drive of winning both games so that's something to be positive about. :)
But how many times last year did they just win by that one drive but when I questioned that it was blasphemy. But now that they are losing by one drive it's all good and positive?

But how many times last year did they just win by that one drive but when I questioned that it was blasphemy. But now that they are losing by one drive it's all good and positive?

So how am I supposed to look at it? Should I just dig a hole and figure the sky is falling and reside to the fact that they will finish 4-12? Just because they won a couple of those games last year it doesn’t mean I can’t take close games as a positive this year. All I am looking at is that they played like garbage and still kept it close enough to have a chance to win (they still have not lost by double digits in almost 3 years now which is a claim I don’t think any other team can make.) I have no idea who dogged you about mentioning it but I don’t think it was me. Tampa Bay is my #1 favorite team, they have been beaten by 30+ twice so far this season… there is nothing positive to look at in those games nor will I blow smoke and say there is but for a team like Seattle who should be better than that are right now I don’t see a problem trying to find the positive in a bad game.

I have no idea why the Rams ever changed their uniforms. These are still fantastic.

As for the game, I think the 9ers are ready for a big 2nd half.

I would like to hear your definition of "the real deal" Mfoga. Does it take 5 years to be "the real deal", 2 years? Superbowl rings left and right, what is it?

Every year teams are almost completely different so it's not like you can really do any long time studies......... Seattle looked like ****, absolute **** in their 2 losses this year, but are we just supposed to suddenly cave to you and agree they aren't "the real deal"? Seems like a lop sided equation.... gotta win for years, but if we lose a few times it was just a sham?

IMO you can only judge a team per year, last year....they were the real deal, this year... we won't know until the season plays out a little more.

Last edited:
Seattle the last two years has been a solid team. I wish the Niners had their quarterback. They got it done last year and were impressive enough in the super bowl no doubt. Seattle doesn't have the track record to back up some of the bravado they or their fans have. It's not meant to start anything but I don't recall them ever really being all that great when they were in the AFC West and have only made the Super Bowl twice I think. It's not meant as a shot to them but I do think fans of Seattle are giving the franchise more credit than its earned.

The same could be said of the 49ers for the last 10 years prior to the Jim Harbaugh regime. They were mired in mediocrity as well. The reason Seattle fans are hyped about this team is the work of the owner, front office and coach for the last few years that has the franchise going in the right direction. Seattle fans now have just as much right right to be high on their team like 49ers fans have been high on their team ever since Jim Harbaugh came in to turn the team around into a super bowl contender.

The fans have been here in Seattle for a LONG time, they retired the #12 back in 1984. You have to understand this city to know why they are acting the way they do now. This is a city that aside from Gary Peyton doesn't normally like the "big talker." We like Edgar Martinez, Steve Largent, Jay Buhner the blue collar come to work and do your job guys. And we have also suffered through some very bad sports times. A basketball team that was supported but ripped away from us. A record tying 116 win Mariners team that couldn't even make the World Series and currently hasn't been to the playoffs since 2001. And a Seahawks team that makes the Super Bowl only to lose under "questionable" circumstances. This Seahawks team came at a time where Seattle fans were ready for something to be proud of and support and they were ready to finally be on the top of the heap.... and that's what Sherman and the rest of the 'Hawks gave us. Yes, we talk a big game and a lot of the time it could be seen as a little much but frankly most Seattle fans don't care and are happy that we are finally good enough to be the team everyone hates.

Before Sherman and Bennett (he's a huge **** talker you can tell but it somehow stays under the radar xD ) I've said for years "when the **** are we going to get someone like that?" (Someone everyone else hates) I think it's good for a team to have a cocky bastard every once in a while that makes headlines.

The same could be said of the 49ers for the last 10 years prior to the Jim Harbaugh regime. They were mired in mediocrity as well. The reason Seattle fans are hyped about this team is the work of the owner, front office and coach for the last few years that has the franchise going in the right direction. Seattle fans now have just as much right right to be high on their team like 49ers fans have been high on their team ever since Jim Harbaugh came in to turn the team around into a super bowl contender.

They're not the same though. The Niners have a history of winning. Sure we had some ups and downs since the last title but as a whole there is a long history of winning. Should fans be high on their teams? Sure. It's more the arrogance that I'm talking about. They're a long time power in the nfl.

The fans have been here in Seattle for a LONG time, they retired the #12 back in 1984. You have to understand this city to know why they are acting the way they do now. This is a city that aside from Gary Peyton doesn't normally like the "big talker." We like Edgar Martinez, Steve Largent, Jay Buhner the blue collar come to work and do your job guys. And we have also suffered through some very bad sports times. A basketball team that was supported but ripped away from us. A record tying 116 win Mariners team that couldn't even make the World Series and currently hasn't been to the playoffs since 2001. And a Seahawks team that makes the Super Bowl only to lose under "questionable" circumstances. This Seahawks team came at a time where Seattle fans were ready for something to be proud of and support and they were ready to finally be on the top of the heap.... and that's what Sherman and the rest of the 'Hawks gave us. Yes, we talk a big game and a lot of the time it could be seen as a little much but frankly most Seattle fans don't care and are happy that we are finally good enough to be the team everyone hates.

All of that though is why Fans of Seattle should enjoy it but not be *******s. It can go as quickly as it arrived. Being humble but proud is the approach I would take because when another dip comes fans will take it on the chin an rightfully so.

We've taken plenty on the chin so it's time to dish out. You act like 49er fans aren't cocky as hell but they have been more boisterous by a long mile. Humble and proud is definitely not how I would describe their fan base. All it takes is to visit the two cities at their respective home games. Seattle fans are the best in terms of always being respectful of the away team fans. Also so far from what I've seen all the Seattle fans here have given credit to the teams that they've lost to. I haven't seen anyone acting like sore losers, just being critical and offering analysis of their team's performance.

Last edited:
My $.02.

A history / tradition of winning championships and winning is nice, but I feel like a fan shouldn't hang their hat on just that. I never refer to the Cowboys championship teams from the 90's. That's in the past. When I see Dallas fans post on internet forums "How 'bout dem Cowboys?" after winning in Seattle, I inwardly cringe. That was a great token moment / meme from the past...but leave it in the past. Dallas has done diddly squat lately. Sure that was a great win for Dallas, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Seattle has time to get things back on track and think they'll be in it too the end.

San Francisco has had a GREAT run these last three years, and I think they'll be contenders as well...but I think Harbaugh has worn out his welcome there. Great coach, but sometimes a great coach can wear out their welcome and lose the players.

San Francisco has had a GREAT run these last three years, and I think they'll be contenders as well...but I think Harbaugh has worn out his welcome there. Great coach, but sometimes a great coach can wear out their welcome and lose the players.

The rumors have died down now that the 9ers have won a few, but I wonder if he'd jump at the Michigan job?

Considering Michigan is his alma mater, I'd have to think he give it some consideration. I can't remember, is this teh last year of his niners contract or does he have one more year?

His contract runs through the '15 season. However if things are as bad as some in the media claim, I'm willing to bet Jed York would be willing to rip that up and let Harbaugh go.

Back