NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're gonna have to do something with Brock. He's been getting torched. That's why Culliver replaced him before.

What's scary is that I don't think Culliver is really any better.

But, strangely enough, whenever I seem to watch Brock play he plays solid.

I'd hate to say it but if one has to go, it has to be Sherman. He would be the most expendable of the three and that says a lot about the team Pete put together.

It's been on my mind all year but I've been in denial about it since he is my favorite player lol. I believe we will pay Wilson, and Thomas but Sherman will probably want huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge money that we wont be able to keep him :(:(

What's scary is that I don't think Culliver is really any better.

But, strangely enough, whenever I seem to watch Brock play he plays solid.

He sits on routes and tries to see if it is jumpable. While he's waiting the Roddy Whites and Michael Floyds of the world are blowing past him.

It's been on my mind all year but I've been in denial about it since he is my favorite player lol. I believe we will pay Wilson, and Thomas but Sherman will probably want huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge money that we wont be able to keep him :(:(

Don't worry. I think Russell and Earl would take hometown discounts. But a team with big secondary woes will offer big money.

I couldn't believe it either :lol
When I saw that the other two had lost I was thinking how can we blow it now. But the football gods have spoken and made sure they made the playoffs since they are lock to win the SB after beating the Eagles at home.

I have a hard time seeing a young guy like Russell taking a huge pay cut below what the market would bear out. It's rational if he wants to win, but irrational if he wants to ensure that he never has to work again. What if he signs a very generous contract, then immediately gets a career ending injury? If he was a guy who already raked in 50-100 million in career earnings or something, then I can see him potentially being generous. But really, NFL QBs rarely seem to do that anyway.

The General has entered the Battlefield.
Patton-End-Around.gif

Patton-Block.gif

Patton-Catch-01.gif

Patton-Catch-02.gif

zUS1xfV_zpscd610d65_medium.png

It's all about the guaranteed money with NFL contracts. Joe Flacco for instance got $120 with $52 guaranteed. While I don't think he's going to get Flacco money, Wilson's going to be paid quite a bit and soon.

I have a hard time seeing a young guy like Russell taking a huge pay cut below what the market would bear out. It's rational if he wants to win, but irrational if he wants to ensure that he never has to work again. What if he signs a very generous contract, then immediately gets a career ending injury? If he was a guy who already raked in 50-100 million in career earnings or something, then I can see him potentially being generous. But really, NFL QBs rarely seem to do that anyway.

I would guess him taking an overall discount would also include a BIG chunk of what he does get being guaranteed so if he did get hurt he would still be ok.

I'd hate to say it but if one has to go, it has to be Sherman. He would be the most expendable of the three and that says a lot about the team Pete put together.

Its sure going to be interesting for sure ....
But I am on the fence with this ...., If anyone Lives in the Seattle Area ...., Sherman is a Huge Face of the Hawks .., as Much as Wilson .. He is a God in Seattle .... Moves like that usally happen later in someones Career .

The Salery Cap needs to go .
Bottom line it imo..., if they keep paying QB's this nonsense ... To Me ..., right now, the Seahawk D is the Most important part of that Team right now ..., They remind me of the Raven Team that Beat the Giants ..., or Even the Steeler Team..., that Beat the Hawks in 05. Freaks.

But I am on the fence with this ...., If anyone Lives in the Seattle Area ...., Sherman is a Huge Face of the Hawks .., as Much as Wilson .. He is a God in Seattle .... Moves like that usally happen later in someones Career .

Bottom line it imo..., if they keep paying QB's this nonsense ... To Me ..., right now, the Seahawk D is the Most important part of that Team right now ..., They remind me of the Raven Team that Beat the Giants ..., or Even the Steeler Team..., that Beat the Hawks in 05. Freaks.

No, the salary cap has to stay because teams like Dallas and Washington would again be rewarded for terrible decision making.

It is a tough one. Of course baring any major brain farts by Wilson in the next year you have to keep him. Now if I HAD to get rid of either Sherman or Thomas I'd have to let Sherman go. Their depth at CB is a lot better than Safety plus I see Richard wanting to be the "more greedy one" and get the MAJOR money. But hopefully there is a way to keep all 3. :)

It is a tough one. Of course baring any major brain farts by Wilson in the next year you have to keep him. Now if I HAD to get rid of either Sherman or Thomas I'd have to let Sherman go. Their depth at CB is a lot better than Safety plus I see Richard wanting to be the "more greedy one" and get the MAJOR money. But hopefully there is a way to keep all 3. :)

There is absolutely no Safety in the NFL better than Earl Thomas. Seahawks run a Cover 3. Most teams sink into a Cover 2. The reason the Seahawks can run Cover 3 is Earl Thomas. And if a team brings 4 WRs then he'll defend that slot position with the best of them. Sherman still gets burnt time to time after falling asleep, but Earl is always there. I'm not gonna pull up stats right now but I feel certain he leads the team in tackles or at least in top 3.

NAME SOLO AST TOT SACK YDSL TLOSS PD INT YDS LONG TD FF REC TD BK
Bobby Wagner 72 48 120 5.0 37 1 6 2 9 9 0 0 1 0 0
Earl Thomas 78 27 105 0.0 0 0 8 5 9 11 0 2 0 0 0

That's just ridiculous.

Navarro Bowman deserves to be in the talks for DPOY but Kuechly and Thomas have been more meaningful to their teams.

Back