NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tuck rule was administered correctly. This was too, but it's a bit of a joke. This is a new rule that referees had to be reminded to call this week per a league memo. The Jets did the same thing on the game-tying field goal, but there was no flag.

Back to the tuck, the referees all those years ago could have just flagged Woodson for his illegal slap to Brady's head on the play and Raider fans could have had something entirely different to cry about from that game.:wink1:

And now you know what it's like to cry about an obscure rule that's rarely called.

That's all you have to do is stop Manning a couple times for your offense to get a score. Denver's defense can't stop anything

I agree. The defense is smoke and mirrors right now. They try to play bend but don't break, but against good offenses they break.

Here's what the Bronco's have been hiding over the course of 6 weeks that finally came to a head.

1)Soft defense against the pass. No pass rush and cushiony DB play. They're linebackers are the only impressive part of the defense, IMO. We'll see how Von Miller looks in 2 weeks after playing at his new weight. Didn't hear his name at all last night.

2)the offensive line is in shambles right now. They're playing back ups in I think 3 positions and at least 1 3rd stringer. We don't have very good blocking TEs or RBs either. So that compounds the issue further.

3)lack of a running game. Knowshow Moreno is finally playing like a NFL back, but still not to a 1st round level, IMO. The back ups are awful.

4)Turnover problems. Ronnie Hillman and Monte Ball are fumble machines. They have the reputation of it now, so of course every defensive player is trying to rip it even more than normal on them. Holliday is super dangerous, but he is also a fumble risk.

5)Play calling is bad. I like the run game, but only when you know, you have a good running back. You don't take the ball out of Manning's hands if the best you have is Moreno and Hillman.

All 5 of those things reared up last night. IMO Manning and the 4 receivers might be the best passing unit I've ever seen, but its not going to do it all, all the time. Esp. if the O-line gives up hits on the QB.

For the first time this season many of Manning's passes looked like the wounded ducks he was throwing up at the end of last year. This could be something worth following especially if he continues to get knocked around like last night.

Even better, before yesterday it had NEVER been called.

To be fair, this new rule was instituted in the past off-season. The NFL just concluded Week 7. So it's not like we're dealing with years when it comes to a track record. Yes, the rule is absurd but the right call was made.

Belichick backtracked also...

"Obviously we are wrong," he said, before adding: "It's our job to understand the rules. Whatever the bottom line is, we didn't do it properly."

https://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/stor...ngland-patriots-admits-was-wrong-play-penalty

Also, that "Tuck Game" was one of the biggest screw jobs in NFL history. The wrong team went to the Super Bowl that year.

To be fair, this new rule was instituted in the past off-season. The NFL just concluded Week 7. So it's not like we're dealing with a track record of years. Yes, the rule is absurd but the right call was made.

"Obviously we are wrong," he said, before adding: "It's our job to understand the rules. Whatever the bottom line is, we didn't do it properly."

https://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/stor...ngland-patriots-admits-was-wrong-play-penalty

Also, that "Tuck Game" was one of the biggest screw jobs in NFL history. The wrong team went to the Super Bowl that year.

Shhh, or else you'll be labeled a Raiders whiner too.:rotfl

The NFL also backtracked a bit and changed how the rule appears on their website after the game.

https://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/nfl-changed-the-push-rule-after-they-called-it/

For the first time this season many of Manning's passes looked like the wounded ducks he was throwing up at the end of last year. This could be something worth following especially if he continues to get knocked around like last night.

I saw at least 3 or 4 throws that were effected by a defender hitting him. Obviously that fumble included. I didn't see a duck that was his own bad pass. But I could have missed it. He looked like he had good touch for the most part to me.

I saw at least 3 or 4 throws that were effected by a defender hitting him. Obviously that fumble included. I didn't see a duck that was his own bad pass. But I could have missed it. He looked like he had good touch for the most part to me.

That pass he threw to Welker was a duck but somehow Welker caught it. If Welker catches that pass a few years ago, Brady passes Montana.

That pass he threw to Welker was a duck but somehow Welker caught it. If Welker catches that pass a few years ago, Brady passes Montana.
I was kind of thinking the same thing, and the catch last night looked even harder.

MNF tonight is the definition of a Friends and Family game in the truest sense.

But this Vikings fan will watch to see what Josh Freeman can bring to the table. At least he has the rest of the season to prove if he's the Vikes QB of the future.

I guess the only thing worse than getting blown out at home by Carolina is losing to a winless team. :lol

Back