NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O you must be his cheerleader :1-1:

No, he's my friend and reading arrogant posts tend to annoy me. :)

Live in the present not the past. It's about the current line up and record. Hawks are dominate in the 2nd half when it matters most + the best D in the league. NFL fans will never give the hawks props though. It's all good though keep making excuses. I'd say we are just happy the hawks are finally a force to be reckoned with instead of just a side thought =D we've been waiting a long time for this and stayed loyal the whole time.

Got ya. Ignore the past because it sucks. :lol They have been good the last two years but don't go acting like your team has been awesome for the last decade like the Pats have been or a history like the Niners/Steelers. Even then arrogance tends to wear on people. Be humble and happy your team is playing well. That's how I approach any of my teams.

Sitting here Reading Ignorant posts by 9er Fans based on past yrs is a Start ....
.. but I do try and atleast be somewhat Respectful to fellow Forum posters, and Members.

Reading arrogant posts by Seahawks fans tends to rub me wrong when they act like they've been something to write home about.....
I do the same thing. :)

Tough news this morning about Vince Wilfork having a torn Achilles and will be out for the rest of the year.

They're already thin at DT and there's not much out there. Maybe they'll have to call Kyle Love or Richard Seymour.....

Tough news this morning about Vince Wilfork having a torn Achilles and will be out for the rest of the year.

They're already thin at DT and there's not much out there. Maybe they'll have to call Kyle Love or Richard Seymour.....

To bad but this will make it easier dropping that 45 on y'all...:D

Sucks. I like Wilfork. I was sitting right in the corner where he went down. Everyone in the stadium thought he was taking a dive because of the hurry up we were running. Walking off the field with a torn Achilles is about as manly as you can get, lol.

Well...quarter through the season and at this point whoever doesn't think the Broncos look like the best team in the league so far has to be in denial. Just too much weaponry it doesn't even look fair.

Seahawks, Pats, Chiefs, Colts and Saints seem like the strongest contenders. Record wise I'll put the Dolphins and Titans here (they deserve it) but I'm still not convinced. If they look good tonight I'll respectfully change my mind, in the case of Miami. And without Locker, the Titans might fall a bit.

49ers, Packers, Falcons, Cowboys, Chargers, Bears, Lions, Ravens, and Texans have the talent. Some of these teams will figure it out or get healthy and make a run. Others won't.

But it's going to be an interesting season. I'm being as unbiased as I possibly can here, but very rarely are teams dominant throughout the entire season and then win a Super Bowl. Whoever gets hot and builds momentum at the right time may do what the Ravens and Giants did in recent Super Bowls.

Yep, it's about trending up at the right time, for sure. The real question to me at this point is whether the Broncos can maintain what they are doing in the way the Patriots did a few years back. Most teams historically haven't been able to do that. Then, of course, there's Peyton's shaky playoff record. . .

Yep, it's about trending up at the right time, for sure. The real question to me at this point is whether the Broncos can maintain what they are doing in the way the Patriots did a few years back. Most teams historically haven't been able to do that. Then, of course, there's Peyton's shaky playoff record. . .

Agree 150%.

I'd honestly be shocked if they can stay that good and that healthy and somehow avoid a chokejob. You would think by then some strong defense will figure out how to disrupt that offense and see how they handle adversity.

But I'd be lying if I said they aren't fun to watch right now. And great for my Fantasy team. :rotfl

If someone can get pressure on Peyton, then they could be in some real trouble. Easier said than done, though. I'm sure Peyton felt extremely comfortable with the O-line situation in Denver before agreeing to go there. I can't even imagine the kinds of perks he must provide to those guys for giving him time.

At this point...it would be cool if we could see the Broncos at Seattle, and then Seattle at Denver. Conference trade!

Well...quarter through the season and at this point whoever doesn't think the Broncos look like the best team in the league so far has to be in denial. Just too much weaponry it doesn't even look fair.

Seahawks, Pats, Chiefs, Colts and Saints seem like the strongest contenders. Record wise I'll put the Dolphins and Titans here (they deserve it) but I'm still not convinced. If they look good tonight I'll respectfully change my mind, in the case of Miami. And without Locker, the Titans might fall a bit.

49ers, Packers, Falcons, Cowboys, Chargers, Bears, Lions, Ravens, and Texans have the talent. Some of these teams will figure it out or get healthy and make a run. Others won't.

But it's going to be an interesting season. I'm being as unbiased as I possibly can here, but very rarely are teams dominant throughout the entire season and then win a Super Bowl. Whoever gets hot and builds momentum at the right time may do what the Ravens and Giants did in recent Super Bowls.

This is exactly why I have not given up on the Steelers. In 2005...they were 7-5 on week 12 and on a 3-game losing streak and were all but written off for the playoffs...

they ended up winning out right through February that year and had to go through Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Denver in the post season to do it.

Now...I realize that these straights look far more dire than those did. But I refuse to write off the season until mathematics can not be argued.

This is exactly why I have not given up on the Steelers. In 2005...they were 7-5 on week 12 and on a 3-game losing streak and were all but written off for the playoffs...

they ended up winning out right through February that year and had to go through Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Denver in the post season to do it.

Now...I realize that these straights look far more dire than those did. But I refuse to write off the season until mathematics can not be argued.

Yeah....0-4 would be a HUGE turnaround though.

But still possible. But I like that you're not hanging your hat. It's better than the people who act like their team won the Super Bowl after 4 weeks.

I dunno if the Phins can Beat Mr. Monday Night . ... not there. If they Do ... Mad Respect will be given, and they might indeed be for real.

Watching ESPN This Moring ...
Guess the Phins had a Few Oppertunities to acquire Drew ..., But passed Several times. lol.

Yep, if they had been willing to gamble on his arm, then the Saints would probably have been "floundering" around as the Dolphins have been over the last several years.

San Diego looks tough. And that's the Rivers that I'm used to seeing. I don't know who that other guy was who was wearing his jersey the past couple seasons.

The 2007 Patriots pinball offense started to slow down around Week 12 which coincided with colder weather and precipitation. Right now the way they're playing I could see the Broncos going 8-0 into their bye. After that when the temperature starts to fall it'll get more interesting. Thankfully for them they have December games in Houston and Oakland.

I would take Titans off that list, they are out a starting QB for 6-8 weeks. The Chiefs are undefeated but also have played two teams who have yet to win a game and the "best team they have played is the cowboys I am not sure are all that great.

Back