1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely more characters from Ahsoka are on the way. 😍
https://fb.watch/owkynRSoVb/?mibextid=ZbWKwL

Hoping for Baylan and Shin but first in line will be Enoch, Night Trooper, Night Death Trooper and Anakin.

No shocker there, probably had decent pre-order sales for the figures and the toyetic feel of the show, it makes sense.

I'm in for Thrawn and Ahsoka the White right now but might be tempted by Baylan and Shin. I do hope we get some more ROTJ and TCW before the end of the year, like the did with AoTC last December.
I hope they make Morgan Elsbeth in addition to Baylan and Shin. Especially since she was in "The Mandalorian."

Because almost all the recent shows have been garbage?

Nothing from Andor and loads from the bad shoes like Ahsoka is a huge kick in the nuts. I’m close to joining the ‘no to anything Disney SW’ gang.
Funny thing is I really don't have any interest in figures from "Andor." I guess it's because the characters won't look good in a display like those from the other shows. The only one I'd be interested in is Mon Mothma. Especially since she was in other shows and movies and is an important character. Overall I found the show generally boring. The one episode I found exciting was with the TIE fighter chase.

I don’t have any issue with Hot Toys only releasing 2-3 figures from the Original Trilogy a year. However, I think they could at least put in the effort to make those 2/3 figures all new. ROTJ Vader, C-3PO, and Sandtrooper all use parts from existing figures. Very lazy!!!

We’re definitely in dark times where the people who are ready to spend for OT figures probably won’t get the ones they desire. And since nobody’s buying current releases, it’ll probably send Hot Toys the message that the overall brand isn’t the cash cow it should be. Lose-lose here. But take another Iron Man in the meantime.

We’re definitely in dark times where the people who are ready to spend for OT figures probably won’t get the ones they desire. And since nobody’s buying current releases, it’ll probably send Hot Toys the message that the overall brand isn’t the cash cow it should be. Lose-lose here. But take another Iron Man in the meantime.
Someone must be buying the current releases (Ahsoka) if they go to the trouble of revealing 6 (5 non troop characters and 1 droid) figures right away and saying there are more coming. It's not like 'Rise of Skywalker' where there were only two characters and a few troops (with a red and white version each).

No one is buying current releases...? News to me.

No one is buying current releases...? News to me.
ESB Bespin Luke from the way I see is heavily discounted everywhere, and is easily accessible at even below retail price. it would be the same for ROTJ Scout & Bike set.

While AOTC white clones and Crosshair specifically are pretty hard to track down at reasonable price.

ESB Bespin Luke from the way I see is heavily discounted everywhere, and is easily accessible at even below retail price. it would be the same for ROTJ Scout & Bike set.

While AOTC white clones and Crosshair specifically are pretty hard to track down at reasonable price.
AOTC clone and Crosshair were intentionally under-produced so it could be that they sold not great numbers wise but there is excess demand due to the low production numbers.

I think all star wars product in general has had slowing sales but there was a lot of buzz around the Ahsoka show and having a lot of toyetic designs in it obviously made HT think it would be the next Mandalorian as far as pushing product goes so they went all in. I think that the lack of troopers from the show so far may be a strategic move. Release the core cast to drive up a craving for companion pieces then finally announce troopers. they will sell more in theory than if the troopers were announced early. People would have said "another trooper repaint, booooring, not worth investing in the line as HT will never make Hera...". With Thrawn people will likely want Captain Enoch or night deadtroopers to go with him while with the obligatory Ahsoka folk will want Marrok to face off against her or maybe some standard night troopers for her and Sabine to fight.

The remaining trooper types will provide HT with lots of material for years to come if the announced figures sell well. Night Tie pilots, phase 1 clones and Rex, phase 2 clones and Rex, night sisters, Morgans droids etc.

I think Mace Windu and Clone Wars Obi Wan are the two upcoming Hot Toys Star Wars figures I am looking most forward to. I can finally replace the poor Sideshow Mace Windu, just wish other prequel Jedi could be made.

Anyone else hoping Hot Toys does some clone wars era Mandalorian warriors and Pre Vizsla?

Don’t get me started on Pre Vizsla. Boba/Jango are my guys but I was so burned out after SW after episode two that I didn’t collect anything SW from 2002 until 2009(?) when I first saw him in the season 2 trailer. To this day, he’s my favorite design and would love for HT to visit TCW and Rebels Mando’s.

Don’t get me started on Pre Vizsla. Boba/Jango are my guys but I was so burned out after SW after episode two that I didn’t collect anything SW from 2002 until 2009(?) when I first saw him in the season 2 trailer. To this day, he’s my favorite design and would love for HT to visit TCW and Rebels Mando’s.
Yes, especially the V2 look with that awesome jetpack and helmet, really the only thing they could get me to spring for now, otherwise pretty whole

Darth Maul's Mandalorian Super Commandos will certainly be a great choice by Hot Toys.

Yes, especially the V2 look with that awesome jetpack and helmet, really the only thing they could get me to spring for now, otherwise pretty whole

If I remember correctly, @Jaycepticon likes the first version over the updated version from S3/S4.

I'm down for both lol.

I'm looking forward seeing Death Star Trooper, and possibly a TCW related figure within the remaining time frame of 2023.

I'm looking forward seeing Death Star Trooper, and possibly a TCW related figure within the remaining time frame of 2023.
giphy.gif

If I remember correctly, @Jaycepticon likes the first version over the updated version from S3/S4.

I'm down for both lol.

I’d be down for both but you’re right. His original costume is my personal favorite design in all of SW. But yeah, I’ll take any Pre Vizsla version or even any of the animated show variants of Mando’s over any Season 3 ones.

Pretty sure I’ve posted this before but here’s me and my friends realistic take on him. It’s been a few years but I’m hoping to finally get this guy done in the next few months.

IMG_9863.jpeg

Back