1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J A B B A

The Must-Have for any Star Wars Collection!
But the OG Jabba, right?

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 17-30-22 Star Wars Just Brought Back Human Jabba Again Sort Of!.png

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 17-33-26 Star Wars Deleted Scene.png

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 17-33-58 Star Wars Deleted Scene.png

:chase

Gotta love the ski caps. That scene -- the original -- makes Star Wars looks so cheap. Smartest decision ever was to cut it.

I wish Disney had the balls to cut some of its crap.
Agreed, and the dumbest was to put it back in with Jabba the giant slug for the Special Edition release so Han can step on his tail & tell him he's "a wonderful human being". Lucas made plenty of blunders after the OT but in my book that tops them all. :lol

Star Wars was comparatively shoestring for it's time, it's what gave it its distinct otherworldly yet lived in look, just look at the cantina and wandering Mos Eisley denizens, I remember first seeing the Vader costume in person, and amazed at the balsawood and paint, it was all achieved with visual style, in camera fx, editing, and fantastic score, so I liked seeing those out-take bounty hunter "twerps" put back, they actually fit right in for me.

875ukn.gif

They reminded me of extras out of a then Mœbius comic, and the deleted opening shot was straight out of Leone western, which all just oozed Lucas' borrowing aesthetic. To my eyes it all fit right in, and I was happy to see it put back in.
What actually made it look cheap to me was not the original extras, but the newly added "modern" CGI, and yeah the stupid tail gag.

Sadly it was this "experiment" which lead to the overwrought CG prequels , which were not, yet all looked cheap to me.

George was "so preoccupied with whether or not he could, he didn't stop to think if he should"

Well... there it is.
So true.

Last edited:
Hoping for Baylan and Shin but first in line will be Enoch, Night Trooper, Night Death Trooper and Anakin.

Definitely more characters from Ahsoka are on the way. 😍
https://fb.watch/owkynRSoVb/?mibextid=ZbWKwL

No shocker there, probably had decent pre-order sales for the figures and the toyetic feel of the show, it makes sense.

I'm in for Thrawn and Ahsoka the White right now but might be tempted by Baylan and Shin. I do hope we get some more ROTJ and TCW before the end of the year, like the did with AoTC last December.

Endor Han and General Lando would be nice releases for ROTJ. I have no interest at all in anything from the Ahsoka show, before the show was released I thought maybe I would, after watching it I changed my mind. For the Clone Wars I would love to see more Jedi. I know I am dreaming now but a Hot Toys Aayla Secura, Quinlan Vos and Shaak Ti would all be very welcome in my collection along with any other Jedi. I am looking forward to the Mace Windu and Obi-Wan in armour.

No really, I've started selling off my Star Wars collection. I'm planning on getting rid of all my Star Wars stuff. Might quit 1/6 altogether and move onto collecting statues.
Because almost all the recent shows have been garbage?

Nothing from Andor and loads from the bad shoes like Ahsoka is a huge kick in the nuts. I’m close to joining the ‘no to anything Disney SW’ gang.

I won't buy any figures from Disney Star Wars now. Am working on a custom Bespin Han and Endor Han as totally given up on Hot Toys making them. Would also like to do a General Lando but that is going to more pricey.

The only Disney Star Wars Hot Toys I have are Luke, Ahsoka (liked her in Mando and BoBF) but after her own show was so bad that figure can go. I also own the Chrome Mando figure, after Season 3 was rather poor that can also be sold. OT only from now on with a little bit of PT, prequel Jedi which are my only PT weakness.

Because almost all the recent shows have been garbage?

Nothing from Andor and loads from the bad shoes like Ahsoka is a huge kick in the nuts. I’m close to joining the ‘no to anything Disney SW’ gang.
Yeah. BoBF, Kenobi, Mando season 3 and now Ahsoka. Plus the news about Filoni, the future of Star Wars will just be more of the same.
I've lost my passion for Star Wars. The OT will always be the OT, it'll always be special, but I'm just too apathetic about Star Wars as a whole now, I'm done collecting 1/6 Star Wars figures.
I'm probably going to hold onto my current OT figs for now but I feel nothing when I look at them.

Next Star Wars figure? Probably something from Ahsoka given HT are going all in with it.

I understand why you're out. I believe franchises worked best when new people put a twist on the formula (except Rian Johnson) - case and point Tony Gilroy.

He made it a mix of espionage and WW2 occupied Europe spy thriller, and it's now my all time favourite Star Wars project.

Last edited:
Back